• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
So those that haven't seen the sale you've wanted or missed it. What games are you looking for?

I was really wishing Clan of Champions went on sale. I feel kinda like a troll for saying it, but just cause the game has never been on sale period to my knowledge. I always liked the Gladiator PS2 and Gladiator Begins game on the PSP just.. this is like 40 bucks... over a year ago.

MNC

Which Telltale games that made you not a fan of them? Coz they really changed (for the better IMO) starting with TWD S1.

...What else have they completed since TWD S1? WAU and TWD S2 are both just one episode and that can't be any indication on wether they 'changed'. Besides, both those new games still camp with loads of save issues for a lot of people.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I bought this when it first came out on steam. Here is what I had to say about it then...

Man, SteamWorld Dig is really good! I've only been able to spend a couple of hours with it so far but I am not regretting my purchase in the slightest. There seems to be so much to do...digging down in the depths, finding loots, upgrading, exploring, solving shit. The art style and presentation are top notch. I'm really looking forward to seeing what else the game has in store for me! Check it out my fellow gaffers! Add it to your ever growing list of games! Actually play it?! At the very least add it to your wishlist...

I have since spent a good bit more time with it and I still find it to be entertaining. I put it in my top 5 steam games of 2013 vote. Get it if you think you'll play it before the next sale, otherwise wait.
Thanks for the impression, sounds great! Wishlisted. :)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I actually like this flash sale. I own everything on it, but I like it still. But the games appeal to me, though Steamworld is a tad underwhelming price cut.

Voted Doorways, as a fantastic price for an underlooked horror game. I've heard good things about MirrorMoon, but again, own both of these again.

Does anyone know what's going on with Max Payne 3? I am getting a 'failed to contact key server' error message when I try to launch it.

Rockstar's servers can't handle the increased traffic. Expect it to normalize after the sale has passed.

Also shake your fist angrily at their DRM, because they deserve it.

I was really wishing Clan of Champions went on sale. I feel kinda like a troll for saying it, but just cause the game has never been on sale period to my knowledge. I always liked the Gladiator PS2 and Gladiator Begins game on the PSP just.. this is like 40 bucks... over a year ago.

This looks very Japanese arcade-ish. I've never even heard of this. It reminds me of that PS360 Sega game which name eludes me.

Arthea

So those that haven't seen the sale you've wanted or missed it. What games are you looking for?

I want impossible:
M&MX and Amalur on sale!

Would buy Naruto, KoF too if it went on sale with good discount, same goes for BNW, Divinity: Dragon Commander, Enslaved and Fall of Cybertron, if price is right.

MisterM

Playing Yahoo! Pool like the good old days with a colleague and checking in on the Steam sales while at work. It's what Christmas is all about!

Salsa

I tried to have a conversation with JaseC about the venezuelan girl im seeing and in 2 minutes the conversation turned into Suarez Romulan

how can you be this predictable

haikira

Has Spelunky been reduced in past sales and if so, what's the best deal it's went for? I was only introduced to out lord and savior Spelunky a month ago, when I bought it for the PS3/Vita. But I wouldn't say no to having it on the PC too, or anything that'll play it, to be honest.

Also. What other games similar to Spelunky should I keep my eye on?

This looks very Japanese arcade-ish. I've never even heard of this. It reminds me of that PS360 Sega game which name eludes me.

Good eye. It's one of those rare hidden Japanese dev games. I think they put out maybe one or other two games on Steam then like forgot about it. I fully expect it to never go on sale at this rate.

Yozi

Neo Member
Cleaning out mah Humble Library. :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Capsized -- MB-EEE87483EA7398E6 - Taken by Reg
Little Inferno -- MB-46000131C9E71E6E - Taken by mileS
Cogs -- MB-96F0F8758F3843BB - Taken by nightstorm
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome -- MB-A7AFF17669E057A4 - Taken by NingenJanai
Dear Esther -- MB-D49894DFF1B75D39 - Taken by Ovek
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-D123390FED32990F - Taken by Mikurden
Oil Rush -- MB-504B67CEF27C6E3C - Taken by Leg-End
Swords & Soldiers HD -- MB-8BCFB180188DC80B - Taken by Frank Jaeger
Eets Munchies -- MB-A1DE52531EA8CCC1 - Taken by Eila
Splice -- MB-61FAED54509191C3 - Taken by Boss Doggie
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-8E9B3490C828F11C - Taken by xBlain
Cave Story Plus -- MB-ABD103EF5D7EC2A8 - Taken by Evo X
Garry's Mod -- MB-2A52914CD950409C - Taken by zerokoolpsx
Nightsky -- MB-4A6B0ADCF98DA556 - Taken by Lighting Gels
Dungeon Defenders Plus All DLC -- MB-3DAABDA3FA8D5B18 - Taken by delirium

The Eets Munchies store page seems to be MIA...

MisterM

Can someone post the current flash deal? Thanks.

8R1rglX.png

EDIT - Beat'd

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just wanted to say thank Baron_Calamity for The Ship. I didn't realize it was sitting in my inbox from yesterday. I've heard that the ship is essentially a giant game of hide and go seek.

I'm biting. My friend told me about it yesterday, saw the trailer and it looked so good. Just the atmosphere and the poop in your pants factor.

Yeah, leaning towards it; 66% is good enough for me. Not played a really good survival horror in ages. In fact, probably not truly enjoyed one since Silent Hill 3. I've got the first Amnesia game, which I haven't got round to playing, but Outlast does look like it will scratch that itch. Also, I'm in the camp that loves the shorter 5-7 games these days. It's an age thing, I think.

Anustart

Well I couldn't do it GAF. I've been idling all day and selling cards to try and acquire the funds to get a game or two I wanted, but it's the holiday season and so I thought I'd use my only pennies giving back to you guys, it's not much but it's all I got :3

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Hexagon -- MB-C6FD8D6A37457CC4 - Taken by slayzz. 2 entrants total.
Super Hexagon #2 -- MB-1806A4AA77949610 - Taken by angular graphics. 3 entrants total.
Braid -- MB-0F083C6E3D64671B - Taken by Asharakk. 9 entrants total.

t1387881741z1.png

MisterM

Yeah, leaning towards it; 66% is good enough for me. Not played a really good survival horror in ages. In fact, probably not truly enjoyed one since Silent Hill 3. I've got the first Amnesia game, which I haven't got round to playing, but Outlast does look like it will scratch that itch. Also, I'm in the camp that loves the shorter 5-7 games these days. It's an age thing, I think.

Outlast made me scream like a child three times in twenty minutes. The gf came downstairs to see what the hell was going on and then got sucked in...screams and giggles a-plenty!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I tried to have a conversation with JaseC about the venezuelan girl im seeing and in 2 minutes the conversation turned into Suarez Romulan

how can you be this predictable

It's how I frame all my conversations. You should know that by now. ;)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Well I couldn't do it GAF. I've been idling all day and selling cards to try and acquire the funds to get a game or two I wanted, but it's the holiday season and so I thought I'd use my only pennies giving back to you guys, it's not much but it's all I got :3
In the same boat, have saved $25 in card money but had to buy Outlast while a flash for a giveaway I want to do later this month. Very kind of you, though not entering any personally.

It's fun. It has a ton of atmosphere and I've heard they added a newer difficulty since I played it at launch. That said, it's story gets a bit.....different on the back end of the game, not to mention once you've figured out the A.I(if you do) it loses some of its luster. Have fun though, great graphics, tense atmosphere, and good sound design. I thought it was one of the better of the of the survival horror games to come out in a while. I can't wait to see more from the studio in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom