• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually never played the original Dragon Age. Worth picking up years after its release? How easy is it to mod?

Yeah it will still hold up well. It is very easy to mod (DA2 not so much), just head over to the dragon age nexus, grab the mod manager and away you go.

I've picked up and played a few games this sale, but I'm pretty high on Nihilumbra at the moment (grab it from GMG).

It is a puzzle platformer with a lot of style, great music and some interesting puzzles as you use your different powers. If nothing else, sliding along while creating ice underneath yourself is great fun.

clip021849flo.gif

It is a little heavy on the drama (you are a "thing" trying to escape the void which is trying to reclaim you) but it all comes together well enough for me to keep it interesting.

Roland1979

Not Steam (but Origin), but since whey're all here for deals: 17 Command & Conquer games for $4,99.
That includes C&C 3 and C&C 4.
It's every C&C game as far as i know.
Not a disc version. Digital download. Contains DRM.
If only they worked on Windows 8... there's ton of posts on forums about some of the games crashing a lot. :(
The west wood games work just fine for me in Windows 8.
Which are the only ones worth playing anyway.
May noty all work flawlessly on Windows 8. Windows 7 should not be a problem for most games. Some of the very old games may require compatibility programs.
How To Purchase Digital Games at Amazon from outside the US

71uXsdyaeXL._SL1112_.jpg

Browsing through the Greenmangaming cheap games is frustrating. So many great titles like Blaster Simulator, Snowcat Simulator, Woodcutter Simulator (not the 2013 one), Airport Control Simulator, Airport Simulator, Bungee Jumping Simulator, Bus Simulator 2, Heavyweight Transport Simulator, Mining & Tunnelling Simulator, Rail Cargo Simulator, Road Works Simulator, Towing Simulator all for under 2,5€ each. I'd buy those if they'd activate on steam. We need more simulators to steam. Steam sale simulator 2014 would be a hit I'd think

If you don't have a great taste in games like me, there's also these deals that might interest you (price may vary depending where you live):

Devil May Cry 4 - 2,49€ (2€ with the voucher GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49, applies to all games)
Hitman: Codename 47 - 1,74€
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - 1,74€
Hitman: Blood Money - 2,24€

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If only they worked on Windows 8... there's ton of posts on forums about some of the games crashing a lot. :(

I'm sure EA will get right on that next year, after it announces that it doesn't wish to be crowned the world company in America yet again. :p

Almost midnight here and I'm off to bed.

So Merry Christmas steamgaf! May all of you at least get steam vouchers in your stockings and may all your currency conversion dreams be nice.

RainBlood is pretty great, and this is minor thing but the achievements are still bugged and wont unlock. The game also has a bunch of little bugs, nothing game breaking but the radio silence from the developers is kinda worrying. It sounded like they had some issues with the publisher, hopefully that gets worked out soon.

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

The_Monk

Just finished DuckTales Remastered fellow GAFfers:

6zkoxmz.png

I would like to say that, from all kinds of games and from all the genres, Platforming is by far where my gaming skills are the worst. The easiest thing like do a jump and land on a cube or manage to jump above an enemy to avoid him it's something that for some reason I'm horrible at it, yet Checkpoints are kind in this game.

The Art, when comparing to other titles could have been more detailed to have that true HD feeling, this was something that many people were expecting more and I can see why but it's no deal-breaker.

For some people, it's going to be nice revisiting this game or just get some nostalgia from the Characters you will find through the game. When I was younger I used to read all the comics and for curiosity sake I tried to switch subtitles to my own language and was happy to see that the translation from the characters names were the exact same ones I grow up reading about.

The game can be a bit short but I believe that increasing the difficulty can give you a more fierce competition. The Last Boss was a bit troubling for me because timing and jumping is, like I said, something I'm not good at. Later on I managed to complete it.

If you like Conceptual Art, draws and similar Art you will find a decent amount of it in this game, yet you have to buy which means you might need to replay some levels a couple of times or you need to collect everything as you progress the game (and still, it wouldn't probably suffice).

The music is still a classic, as expected. You can Karaoke it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egk8IusIzdI

QUACK

Xyber

Hmm, does anyone think buying a cheap 32/64GB SSD drive is worth it? Would fit a few games, it's not like I play more than one, two at a time...

Buying an SSD just to put games on? Not worth it. The gain with SSD in most games aren't that big. Sure some games do load way faster, but most games already load really fast on a standard 7200RPM drive. Buying a 32GB to have Windows on too? Completely out of the question. 64GB is doable but not something I would recommend. 120GB is the minimum for SSD really.

JaseC

Buying an SSD just to put games on? Not worth it. The gain with SSD in most games aren't that big. Sure some games do load way faster, but most games already load really fast on a standard 7200RPM drive. Buying a 32GB to have Windows on too? Completely out of the question. 64GB is doable but not something I would recommend. 120GB is the minimum for SSD really.

Ditto. My 60GB SSD replaced a 20GB partition and today it has just 5.4GB free. At some point after the Winter Sale I'll buy a 128GB drive and use the 60GB to store the game/s I'm currently playing.

Milamber

I struggle with 256GB with windows and necessary software. Wish 512 was affordable enough.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
At last, after 20 pages I'm back on track, and I only went to sleep for 5 hours, you guys...

Bor

Neo Member
does anyone think metal gear rising will be on flash sale again? I wasn't sure if i should get it when it was on daily sale but i really want to own it now lol. I guess i should wait till the last day of the sale right?

JaseC

does anyone think metal gear rising will be on flash sale again? I wasn't sure if i should get it when it was on daily sale but i really want to own it now lol. I guess i should wait till the last day of the sale right?

It won't. The 20% discount lasts until release (at which point it'll move up to full price).

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I just need Spelunky and Brothers as daily's, which I think will happen especially since they were both super cheap on the XBL sale. Those are pretty much the only games I want now with this sale, other than Morrowind, which I will never buy unless it gets to 5 bucks (I'm sure totally sold more than 50 copies of that 12 year old game that you somehow charge 19.99 for in the last month Bethesda, no reason to ever give a decent discount to a 12 year old game that looks like graphical garbage by todays standards).

Those who are thinking to get Oblivion GOTY or GOTY Deluxe - they're cheaper on Greenmangaming than on Steam, at least for Europe. 4,99€ and 6,24€ respectively but 20% off with the voucher GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49 makes it a better deal.

Also posting for new page if someone missed, I think these are neat deals.

+ also Orange Box 4,49€ and Valve Complete Pack 22,49€ (+ 20% off), can't be posted enough.

Will be going to buy my first games on Amazon now, hadn't bothered to use a US address before but can't resist the deals.

Wok

Has anyone crafted the foil badge for Tetrobot and Co.? There are six foil cards, but I can only find 4 of them on the Steam Market.

random

<snip>

+ also Orange Box 4,49&#8364; and Valve Complete Pack 22,49&#8364; (+ 20% off), can't be posted enough.

<snip>.

Does anybody know if buying the Orange Box from GMG will activate the censored German version of the games or the ROW version, if bought and activated from Germany?

soontroll

Banned
Damn it I'm only like 30-something XP away from level 5 where I can get those damn snow globes for voting. The problem is I don't know how to get that XP!

Benedict

This is the second Steam-moment of the day I experienced.

Happy too see DMC 4 really cheap. Goes to GMG to buy it. Can't buy it 'cause I own it.

JaseC

Does anybody know if buying the Orange Box from GMG will activate the censored German version of the games or the ROW version, if bought and activated from Germany?

There is no low-violence version of the Valve Complete Pack.

Damn it I'm only like 30-something XP away from level 5 where I can get those damn snow globes for voting. The problem is I don't know how to get that XP!

Buy 30 games!

Or craft a badge, the cheapest at the moment is Rogue Legacy at just over 60 cents for the set. Or maybe complete the community badge, no cost involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom