• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Merry Holidays and Happy Christmas SteamGAF!

It's the 24th over here and I'm going to go eat a massive Christmas dinner, but before I go figured I should come over here and wish you guys all the best. I've only been actively posting here for about 4 months, and SteamGAF is the best GAF.

Just so you all know.

Benedict

What price will Ducktales be on Amazon?
It's £4.99 at GMG now.
RE6 is £4.99
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara is £2.99

Edit:.. Did somebody buy me Ducktales? It's shows up as purchased on GMG and steam-code is in my games...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's £4.99 at GMG now.
RE6 is £4.99

Edit:.. Did somebody buy me Ducktales? It's shows up as purchased on GMG and steam-code is in my games...

GMG doesn't support gift purchases and only recently introduced the option to buy an owned game again.

Zeliard

Castlevania LoS is $8 on GMG with the 20% discount code
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/om/en/pc/games/action/castlevania-lord-shadows-ultimate-edition/
Xmas-Voucher-Low-offer-box-20.jpg

Sorry if old, woke up only recently.

This is very tempting

Argh must stop buying games :p

Benedict

It's £4.99 at GMG now.
RE6 is £4.99

Ok, I'm starting to worry about myself....
Seems like I bought Ducktales December 2nd. Just forgot about it.
Third time today this happens...

kudoboi

Just bought a code for Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet on eBay for $2. Seems like a terrific price for that game.

you just got scammed. its from bundlestars

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/indie-capsule-bundle/

edit: beaten

y u no wait for daily

he probably bought it from GMG which is only 10 bucks. i doubt even daily will offer such a huge discount but who knows

Picked up Batman Origins at Amazon and want to pick up Lego Marvel and Castle of Illusion tomorrow. Deadpool is 10 bucks there...any good? Looks like a decent action game for the price.

I also bought Remember Me at GMG..why the heck not.

I do not recommend deadpool. i pre ordered it and felt that the gameplay was very boring, there was no story and the jokes were sub par. id wait for a much bigger discount

Shepard

It's £4.99 at GMG now.
RE6 is £4.99

You bought it while you were sleeping. Welcome to the club!

Picked up Batman Origins at Amazon and want to pick up Lego Marvel and Castle of Illusion tomorrow. Deadpool is 10 bucks there...any good? Looks like a decent action game for the price.

I also bought Remember Me at GMG..why the heck not.

Bor

Neo Member
I can't believe that throughout this sale, dayz is still the top selling game. Rocket must be swimming in cash right now

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just bought Brothers and Tomb Raider from Amazon, and Castlevania from GMG.

I just need to wait for Spelunky and hope The Swapper gets a good sale and then I'll stop. Really. I will. :(

I think the German versions of GTA:SA and Sniper Elite: Zombie Army will be my last purchases of the sale as I've overspent, haha. Oops. ;) I'll pick up what I can between now and the final day with card money.

So how safe is GMG? Does it have virus?

It's one of the most important causes of the Salitis worm.

Consequences of being infected include buying too much, having too much debt, having too much games, growing poor, losing your house, and starving to death.

Be careful.

Gvaz

Banned
Is it just me or is fear 3 total shit?

Runs like shit, lock behind cover shooter, 2 guns, ai is totally dumb as fuck and talks too much, etc

soontroll

Banned
By buying games :)

I already bought three cheap games I wasn't even interested in for the sake of XP and two that I actually wanted from the sale :/

Buy 30 games!

Or craft a badge, the cheapest at the moment is Rogue Legacy at just over 60 cents for the set. Or maybe complete the community badge, no cost involved.

I did the community badge yesterday which is what got me this far but I just bought the Rogue Legacy ones and now I'm level 5!

Thanks to both of you!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Please explain, I believe the game is genius but I would like to know your reasons.

Graphics is terrible (sprite stickers is something every indie dev should not aspire for)
Gameplay is very simplistic and boring (go play Blinx for a better time manipulation game)
Narrative is forced and felt like "it's deep and relevant to nukes" for shits and giggles (the same crap I see on people saying about Inception's ending being "vague")

Boss Doggie

Honestly Braid is one of those games that get voted high due to "experience" rather than gameplay, stuff like Journey, Flower, Guacamelee and Tearaway tend to get.

random

There is no low-violence version of the Valve Complete Pack.

Ok, so that would be the "ViolenceRestrictedCountries" flag that the Orange Box sub has, but the Valve Complete Pack has not.

You were explaining a couple of days ago that some Valve games use the IP to determine the version (region specific or not) of the game, instead of using separate subs.

Is that what this flag does? And you wouldn't happen to know, if the check is on run time or when the game is bought / the code is redeemed?

I was planing to have someone in Italy buy the Orange Pack as a gift on Steam for me, when it was a little more discounted. That would not work if the version is determined when running the game. It would mean I have to buy the complete pack in order to avoid the cuts.

I am trying to make some sense of the SteamDB site, and the thousand ways in which games can be restricted on Steam.

Your post explaining the intricacies of the Steam system are always really helpful, thanks.

Dambrosi

Banned
DmC: Devil May Cry is 8€ on GMG with a coupon, lowest price ever. Convince me not to buy it please xD
If you have a PS3, just buy a PS+ subscription, and you'll get it for free, along with loads of other stuff. If you already have PS+, then you don't need to buy anything.

Otherwise, that's an excellent price. Go nuts.

Boss Doggie

Does the steam version of Castle Crashers have new stages?

If you have a PS3, just buy a PS+ subscription, and you'll get it for free, along with loads of other stuff. If you already have PS+, then you don't need to buy anything.

Well, "free" anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom