• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does anyone know what comes in the Tomb Raider Survival Edition on Steam? There's no description of what it includes.

Scroll down. ;)

Survival Edition

Survival Edition includes:

Digital 32-page mini art book compiled by TOMB RAIDER’S Art Director Brian Horton
10 downloadable tracks from TOMB RAIDER’s atmospheric soundtrack
Digital double sided map of the game’s mysterious island setting and the iconic cover image
Digital comic - Tomb Raider: The Beginning
"Guerilla Skin" in-game outfit
Three in-game weapons from "Hitman: Absolution" for use in "Tomb Raider": The Silverballer, Agency SPS 12, and HX AP-15

It was originally set to include the entire OST, but Squeenix changed its mind after a few weeks.

XShagrath

I know we don't really talk about trading cards in here, but this is way more active than the trading thread.

Anyone have a spare Snow Globe #10? I can trade 1:1 for 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9. My steamid is in my profile.

Hagi

This very well could be a silly question but the Uplay store is selling New Vegas Ultimate Edition for £3.75 but I'm not sure what it'll activate on seeing as it's not an Ubisoft game. Anybody had any experience with something like this? I had no idea they had started selling other games.

Is Trine 2: Complete Story -$2 for one/ $4 for 3 a good deal/ game?

I remember hearing about the game but I never played the first and IDK what it's about. But I know it has co-op so I'm thinking for getting the 3 pack if I get it so that I can play with friends.

This very well could be a silly question but the Uplay store is selling New Vegas Ultimate Edition for £3.75 but I'm not sure what it'll activate on seeing as it's not an Ubisoft game. Anybody had any experience with something like this? I had no idea they had started selling other games.

I believe New Vegas is SteamWorks so it will activate on Steam.

I remember hearing about the game but I never played the first and IDK what it's about. But I know it has co-op so I'm thinking for getting the 3 pack if I get it so that I can play with friends.

It has an interesting concept and good graphics and dialogue that's marred by poor platforming.

Not something that'll be replayed a lot, but decent the 1st time through if you have the time to put up with some of the flaws

Evo X

Yes, definitely. It's a gorgeous physics puzzle based action platformer. You don't really need to play the first one. I had a ton of fun playing this game in coop when it came out. $2 for it is a steal.

When you have almost all the games on your wish list, the sale is just boring, I am waiting for Mark of Ninja to hit the flash or daily deals after that i am just voting for cards to sell..

Is the survival edition of Tomb Raider just the game plus DLC? I have no interest in multi-player, so I could get the standard edition plus the single player DLC for cheaper than the survival edition. Just want to make sure that's all the survival edition is.

DorianD

I love trine 2. Beautiful graphics and fun game. Nothing bad to say about it. Steam also has a deal on the Frozenbyte Collection is 85% off and going forfor $5.24: it includes trine, trine 2, shadowgrounds, and shadowgrounds survior. I would highly recommend it! Steam link

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is the survival edition of Tomb Raider just the game plus DLC? I have no interest in multi-player, so I could get the standard edition plus the single player DLC for cheaper than the survival edition. Just want to make sure that's all the survival edition is.
Scroll down. ;)

Survival Edition

Survival Edition includes:

Digital 32-page mini art book compiled by TOMB RAIDER’S Art Director Brian Horton
10 downloadable tracks from TOMB RAIDER’s atmospheric soundtrack
Digital double sided map of the game’s mysterious island setting and the iconic cover image
Digital comic - Tomb Raider: The Beginning
"Guerilla Skin" in-game outfit
Three in-game weapons from "Hitman: Absolution" for use in "Tomb Raider": The Silverballer, Agency SPS 12, and HX AP-15

It was originally set to include the entire OST, but Squeenix changed its mind after a few weeks.

It has an interesting concept and good graphics and dialogue that's marred by poor platforming.

Not something that'll be replayed a lot, but decent the 1st time through if you have the time to put up with some of the flaws

I played the first one Co-op with my wife ands we had fun. Have yet to play the second with anyone. Would love to try it.

I wasn't too interested in Tomb Raider after reading the criticism in this thread, but the price of $5 is tipping the scales. I'm not sure if I should take the plunge.

I wasn't too interested in Tomb Raider after reading the criticism in this thread, but the price of $5 is tipping the scales. I'm not sure if I should take the plunge.

It is a fun enough action game and tressfx is cool to play with for a little bit. I highly recommend the game for $5. Just don't expect anything deep or particularly memorable.

If there's one thing I've discovered from personal experience... SteamGAF have terrible collective decision making when it comes to buying games! They overhype rubbish and crap on seemingly random games.

If you think you'll enjoy Tomb Raider... go for it.

Li Kao

Guises, guises, I have a question ! Yeah another ! And this is not a new one. Yeah for old questions ! :p
Seriously, I want to pay my next Steam purchases with another credit card, but I think I read that changing payment method had a drawback. Was it limiting one user's ability to... sell cards ? Something else ? Tell me. All. Tell me all.

Echoplx

If there's one thing I've discovered from personal experience... SteamGAF have terrible collective decision making when it comes to buying games! They overhype rubbish and crap on seemingly random games.

If you think you'll enjoy Tomb Raider... go for it.

What are you talking about? No one is hyping Tomb Raider.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Guises, guises, I have a question ! Yeah another ! And this is not a new one. Yeah for old questions ! :p
Seriously, I want to pay my next Steam purchases with another credit card, but I think I read that changing payment method had a drawback. Was it limiting one user's ability to... sell cards ? Something else ? Tell me. All. Tell me all.

Yeah. I used Paypal a few days ago, now I can't use the marketplace until the 27th.

I played a bit of Tomb Raider on the PS3. It seemed like a solid action game. I suppose if you have an affection and nostalgia for the franchise, it's not really the game you would have wanted them to make. For everyone else, it's one of those disposable, yet enjoyable affairs that entertain for as long as you're playing, but resonate little beyond that. Worth $5, I'd imagine.

Omega

Banned

as long as you pay with the card you should be fine.

it's when you add funds to your steam wallet, which I have no idea how to do outside of a game.

I've paid with different cards before and had no problems, it wasn't until I decided to be an idiot and buy a CS GO key that I ran into this problem

edit - which didn't really answer your question. It limits your ability to do anything involving the market. I can't buy/sell/trade

Li Kao

Yeah. I used Paypal a few days ago, now I can't use the marketplace until the 27th.

Would it be the same with changing one credit card for another ? I mean does it impact changing one card for the other as much as changing credit card to another mean of payment.

Yeah. I just charged 10€ on my Steamwallet, wanting to buy Keys for Steamworld Dig...

... and now I cant purchase keys, since I am locked out of the market for 2 days since I changed my payment method :(

Anteater

It's worth a playthrough, what the game has to offer isn't bad, it might not be one of those games you'll go back to, but the combat is fun and bow is fun to use, there are some collectibles, short tomb puzzles and some platforming, just that none of them are exceptionally good.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)

It's very fun in co-op. The physics are kinda bad and floaty but this manages to enhance the game somehow because you can come up with the funniest solutions to solve puzzles and reach places.

The_Monk

Would it be the same with changing one credit card for another ? I mean does it impact changing one card for the other as much as changing credit card to another mean of payment.

Do you have an Expire date on your current Credit card fellow GAFfer? The last I updated had, and when I was making a purchase had to update in order to buy things. Manage to do so without any issues and made my purchases. I've done this twice in recent times.

However a GAFfer reported the same thing as I did (as he used the same time of payment method as myself, which is MB Net) and he was refused to make purchases for some days (7 days? Honestly can't remember).

The people invested enough in the Tomb Raider franchise either played Tomb Raider 2013 already or swore to never play it ever. The rest of you should definitely check it out for $5.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

No clue. Also, my issue was adding funds. I put $25 in my Steam wallet through Paypal, not just a regular purchase.

Knurek

Hmm, does anyone think buying a cheap 32/64GB SSD drive is worth it? Would fit a few games, it's not like I play more than one, two at a time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom