• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clawww

is there anywhere to buy DayZ for cheaper, or is it only up on steam? im about to go on and trying to see if I can shave off a few bucks with like a gamefly code or something

random

Yeah, that's my understanding of it. The flag isn't common (even Valve no longer uses it) so I've had no direct experience with it myself, but since, for example, the HL2 sub is universal, the only logical conclusion is that the flag is IP-based, not unlike, say, onlyallowrunincountries, or (less pertinently) allowpurchasefromrestrictedcountries when used on retail key subs (e.g. I had to use Spotflux to activate Inversion, which I'd purchased from Amazon, as the key was tied to this sub -- "Yes" means that the sub can only be activated within the countries listed while "No" would mean that it can only be activated in the countries not mentioned).

Ok, thank you for the explanation.

Now I can make sense of the "AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries" yes/no thing.

I will see if I can find out more, and post here if I do find out anything useful.

Liamc723

Can anyone help me?

I recently got a new laptop and was wondering if there's any games in the Steam sale that I could run? Possibly The Witcher games? Not looking to run them at max settings or anything!

Windows 8
AMD Quad-Core A6-5200 Accelerated Processor
8GB RAM
AMD Radeon™ HD 8400 Graphics

Any help would be appreciated.

Can anyone help me?

I recently got a new laptop and was wondering if there's any games in the Steam sale that I could run? Possibly The Witcher games? Not looking to run them at max settings or anything!

Windows 8
8GB RAM

Unfortunately I know sweet F all about laptop graphics cards, but I can say that if anybody here gives you the go ahead, change that "possibly" to "definitely" play The Witcher games.

The_Monk

Borderland Goty + Borderlands 2 = 11.98

or

Bioshock Triple Pack = 13.49

HELP!!!!

Borderlands games are great if you like loot. It's also much more for Co-op but if you don't like it you can always play Solo. If you start with the first one I don't believe you will be jumping right way for the second one immediately so you could just wait for a later sale after you finished the first one which can take you quite some time if you do all the Quests and explore everything.

Bioshock games are shorter and more Story driven so you'll probably get more story but less time in each separate title. It's up to you.

I would got for the Bioshock Triple Pack only because I doubt I would play both Borderlands in a row, meaning I could get one and then grab the second one, but it's up to you and your personal taste fellow GAFfer.

Liamc723

Unfortunately I know sweet F all about laptop graphics cards, but I can say that if anybody here gives you the go ahead, change that "possibly" to "definitely" play The Witcher games.

I definitely want to play them, it's just whether they'll run or not! I'd happily take the lowest settings, I just want to play them haha.

hohoXD123

Can anyone help me?

Windows 8
8GB RAM

I think it's risky. I've got a laptop with a 525m and I can barely run Witcher 2 at low settings, a HD 8400 would have more trouble I think. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
What's GAF's opinion on buying AMD/Nvidia codes for games on eBay? AMD codes expire end of the year, so people are selling them for £10, and it includes Thief 2014.

You could then sell Saint's Row IV on eBay for the same price...
WOAH
This made me register an ebay account. Confusing website, though. :p

Adry9

I just got Braid on steam and I can't get it to run on 1080p. It runs fullscreen but with black borders all around. I know this isn't the right thread but I looked on google and I couldn't find a way yo fix it.

chronomac

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it here but Mass Effect 3 is only $7 on Amazon for a couple days. How does that run on PC? I've played the first 2 but I keep putting this one off.

thekenta

I just got Braid on steam and I can't get it to run on 1080p. It runs fullscreen but with black borders all around. I know this isn't the right thread but I looked on google and I couldn't find a way yo fix it.

Right-click Braid in your games list, choose properties, then click the "Set Launch Options" button. In this window, enter -width xxxx -height yyyy where the x corresponds to the width of your resolution, and the y to the height.

Miguel81

It should be in the launch options.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's the thing though. I have waited for the page to load as I've done it in the past but it has stopped working this sale. I don't know if it's because my wishlist is so huge or what but I've let it load for 10 minutes before and nothing gets highlighted on my wishlist.

Seems to be an issue with the Firefox version. I think it may be because the wishlist is hosted on steamcommunity.com while the data that tells ES whether or not you own a game is pulled from steampowered.com; I remember jshackles saying something about how Firefox doesn't allow information to be pulled from a source hosted on a different domain (an overbearing security concern, presumably).

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
People are saying that they are seeing remember me for $10, but I don't see it. Is there a coupon code I should be using?

Definitely picking up remember me and Devil may cry from the site if they don't pop up on today's daily deals.

Iztli

People are saying that they are seeing remember me for $10, but I don't see it. Is there a coupon code I should be using?

Definitely picking up remember me and Devil may cry from the site if they don't pop up on today's daily deals.

Use this 20% voucher GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49

Seems to be an issue with the Firefox version. I think it may be because the wishlist is hosted on steamcommunity.com while the data that tells ES whether or not you own a game is pulled from steampowered.com; I remember jshackles saying something about how Firefox doesn't allow information to be pulled from a source hosted on a different domain (an overbearing security concern, presumably).

Hahaha, I'm on Chrome too! :p Sorry I didn't spit out all the details but I think that's everything now... It was working fine leading up to this sale but yeah, I'm at a loss. My wishlist is quite large though simply because if there's any new DLC or games that may interest me I just throw them on there for sale purposes so I don't have to go through the entire Steam catalog again.

fantomena

Thinking about purchasing these:

Lego Marvel from Amazon
Injustice from Amazon (wanted the PS4 version to be honest, want a PS4 fighter)
Gun from Amazon
Sid Meier's Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies from GMG
D&D: Chronicles of Mystara from GMG

Costia

DMC was on a community vote for a 75% = ~12$ , so even if it is a daily most chances are it's going to me more expensive than on GMG (with the 20% voucher)

masterkajo

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it here but Mass Effect 3 is only $7 on Amazon for a couple days. How does that run on PC? I've played the first 2 but I keep putting this one off.

Afaik, it runs ok. You have to deal with Origin though. But if you liked the first 2 games I, as former huge ME fan, would advise you to stay clear of the third (it ruined the series for me lore, story and character wise). If you are not that much into the story and characters it is a solid game.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Is it just me or is fear 3 total shit?

Runs like shit, lock behind cover shooter, 2 guns, ai is totally dumb as fuck and talks too much, etc
Not gonna bite, not gonna bite, not gonna...

As a shooter it's acceptable (especially in co-op; do NOT play it solo), but as a F.E.A.R. game it's an abomination.

Damn, I bit.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Couldn't fullfill the transaction due to living in The Netherlands, so I send the man an e-mail about buying just the code.
Ofcourse, a couple of minutes after that I discover it's against eBay policy to ask for an transaction beyond eBay. :(
Oh well.
Thief for that price might just be too good to be true.

In other news; I'm really liking Marvel Puzzle Quest! The Pay2Win stuff can easily be avoided, and leveling/collecting Marvel Heroes is really fun. Interest in the source material is a must, though.

Prophane33

Thinking about purchasing these:

Lego Marvel from Amazon
Injustice from Amazon (wanted the PS4 version to be honest, want a PS4 fighter)
Gun from Amazon
Sid Meier's Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies from GMG
D&D: Chronicles of Mystara from GMG

I had no idea that was even on sale there. I wish they had a place that listed what was on sale instead of individual little pages, it's rather annoying. I actually didn't even find it on one of those little sub-sections.

Korezo

Is castle Vania LoS good? I think of getting this for steam or GoW ascension from psn store, both are $10 but to me they look like they are going to be boring hack n slash games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom