• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hahaha, I'm on Chrome too! :p Sorry I didn't spit out all the details but I think that's everything now... It was working fine leading up to this sale but yeah, I'm at a loss. My wishlist is quite large though simply because if there's any new DLC or games that may interest me I just throw them on there for sale purposes so I don't have to go through the entire Steam catalog again.

Strange, I loaded up my wishlist within Chrome prior to posting and it's all there:

wishlistchrome6oyb1.jpg

I also loaded up my wishlist within Firefox once more and again the buttons failed to show.

Thinking about purchasing these:

Lego Marvel from Amazon
Injustice from Amazon (wanted the PS4 version to be honest, want a PS4 fighter)
Gun from Amazon
Sid Meier's Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies from GMG
D&D: Chronicles of Mystara from GMG

Lego Marvel is surprisingly entertaining. Especially if you have a kid to play co-op with. But even if you're just playing it alone it's still fun. It starts out purely linear, but early on you'll open up the entire city for free-roaming fun, and that's when the game really comes in to it's own as you swap between the tons and tons of characters.

fantomena

I had no idea that was even on sale there. I wish they had a place that listed what was on sale instead of individual little pages, it's rather annoying. I actually didn't even find it on one of those little sub-sections.

Yeah, could not even find DmC and Remember Me if I did not read on GAF or on /r/gamedeals.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
So GMG's daily deals switch over at 1600 GMT, right? I need to decide whether to pick up Nihilumbra for $2 or not before it expires and am not sure how much time I've got left to waffle.

...And Chronicles of Mystara from GMG is even better than Amazon's deal if the voucher applies. Strongly considering that too...

The_Monk

Strange, I loaded up my wishlist within Chrome prior to posting and it's all there:

I also loaded up my wishlist within Firefox once more and again the buttons failed to show.

This is, by far, the most dangerous option with Enhanced Steam added. One hype-moment, one too many drinks and with a mere click away things can go crazy.

mannerbot

Have an extra copy of D&D: Chronicles of Mystara from GMG. Anyone interested in trading me a copy of Castle Crashers for it as they're the same price?

Derrick01

Banned
Is castle Vania LoS good? I think of getting this for steam or GoW ascension from psn store, both are $10 but to me they look like they are going to be boring hack n slash games.

LoS is great and a better god of war than both of the last gen GoWs. It has a slightly deeper combat system, much better art style and framerate (yay for PCs), a better and more interesting story, it's much longer (I average about 15-17 hours every time I play it) and you can jump back to earlier chapters to complete bonus objectives and get special items you couldn't get until you got a certain item, and it has better puzzles.

What I will say is it has a pretty bad first chapter so don't get scared away by that. It has a few moments in there, like an on rails QTE segment, that never appears again after that point.

Whoa, CS:GO is excellent. Like CS1.6 that looks like CS:S. I was never a CS player myself, I was dedicated to Enemy Territory, but I did have occasional games of CS with my school friends... that was actually my first account, a account with VAC banned CS and HL1/2 that my friend gave me, I didn't have another account until this year when I got a new PC and now I have 270 games. Kinda crazy.

Can anyone help me?

I recently got a new laptop and was wondering if there's any games in the Steam sale that I could run? Possibly The Witcher games? Not looking to run them at max settings or anything!

Windows 8
AMD Quad-Core A6-5200 Accelerated Processor
8GB RAM
AMD Radeon™ HD 8400 Graphics

Any help would be appreciated.

The first Witcher should run decently on low settings. The Witcher 2 is going to be a slideshow no matter what.

JaseC

This is, by far, the most dangerous option with Enhanced Steam added. One hype-moment, one too many drinks and with a mere click away things can go crazy.

Haha, fortunately I just use my wishlist to keep track of the card-supporting games I'm yet to buy. A "Buy all unowned games" button would be super handy for next year's Summer Sale, though. ;)

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
DMC was on a community vote for a 75% = ~12$ , so even if it is a daily most chances are it's going to me more expensive than on GMG (with the 20% voucher)

Point taken, picked both of them up. Feel kinda bad since I have some money in my steam wallet but they'll find a home ;)

hellocld

I need to find some noob-friendly CS:GO servers, unless everyone out there is a dick.

Matchmaking in GO tends to be pretty damn good when it comes to pairing you with people on equal skill levels. The only time I've ever really run into a real asshole is when I tried the console version on Xbox Live.

JaseC

This is what I get. Granted my wishlist is enormous but it worked when I had more than that in there about a week ago.

Are you sure the "Remove owned games from wishlist" button does nothing? Is there something in particular that should disappear?

Necrovex

LoS is great and a better god of war than both of the last gen GoWs. It has a slightly deeper combat system, much better art style and framerate (yay for PCs), a better and more interesting story, it's much longer (I average about 15-17 hours every time I play it) and you can jump back to earlier chapters to complete bonus objectives and get special items you couldn't get until you got a certain item, and it has better puzzles.

What I will say is it has a pretty bad first chapter so don't get scared away by that. It has a few moments in there, like an on rails QTE segment, that never appears again after that point.

I should give it another go then. I recall quitting during that dreadful first chapter.

yatesl

I went for it. Hopefully guy sends code soon. I hate waiting.

Heh - I don't think it's any coincidence that five have sold in the past 30 minutes, despite him having it up for a couple of days.

Unfortunately I bought one for £15, before I saw that one! Still a bargain.

Fireblend

Banned

Now I want it =/

I need to find some noob-friendly CS:GO servers, unless everyone out there is a dick.

I dunno, casual CS seemed OK to me when I played it for an hour some days ago. No team killing, no bumping into enemies so that is very noobie friendly. I just played first couple of hours of competitive just now and it was fun.

Are you sure the "Remove owned games from wishlist" button does nothing? Is there something in particular that should disappear?

I just bought like 15-20 games at Amazon and redeemed them. None are highlighted on my wishlist but on the storefront, they are all highlighted correctly. I cleared cache (Enhanced Steam) and cookies (Chrome) too.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is what I get. Granted my wishlist is enormous but it worked when I had more than that in there about a week ago.

This is an issue on Valve's end. They seem to throttle the API back when it's under heavier load. For example, if the server isn't overloaded they'll allow a request that has 600-700 app IDs attached to it. When it's under a bit of load, they may throttle it back to only allow 200-300 app IDs in a single request.

I've never seen it fail with 100 or less though.

I just bought like 15-20 games at Amazon and redeemed them. None are highlighted on my wishlist but on the storefront, they are all highlighted correctly.

This may be related to the bit above. I'll try and check it out when I can.

This is an issue on Valve's end. They seem to throttle the API back when it's under heavier load. For example, if the server isn't overloaded they'll allow a request that has 600-700 app IDs attached to it. When it's under a bit of load, they may throttle it back to only allow 200-300 app IDs in a single request.

I've never seen it fail with 100 or less though.

This may be related to the bit above. I'll try and check it out when I can.

Ah, I figured as much. Thanks man! You are a gentlemen and a scholar. :)

JaseC

I just bought like 15-20 games at Amazon and redeemed them. None are highlighted on my wishlist but on the storefront, they are all highlighted correctly. I cleared cache (Enhanced Steam) and cookies (Chrome) too.

How odd. The only other suggestion that comes to mind is to reinstall the extension, otherwise I'd just chalk it down to server load.

Edit: Beaten by the man himself.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
too bad that Steamworld Dig couldn't crack the top 20 sellers list but that's what it gets for only doing a 25% off sale
I dunno if this is coming from a place of contempt or if you actually feel for the devs, but IIRC it managed to crack the top 10 the day the game came out. So I don't think it's doing too badly.

IMO you won't miss much if you just buy Witcher 2. You can always read a summary of the W1 story before playing.
However, if you can get both for cheap, definitely do that.

Also, don't be discouraged by the learning curve. The new "enhanced edition" helps with it somewhat by guiding you through some early stuff, but this is a game that is not at all obvious or intuitive with it's systems or controls. You also need to earn/unlock a bunch of stuff that would be a given in other games. But once you get the hang of things, the game really comes into it's own.

graywolf323

I dunno if this is coming from a place of contempt or if you actually feel for the devs, but IIRC it managed to crack the top 10 the day the game came out. So I don't think it's doing too badly.

I feel bad for the devs, it's a great game (played it on a friend's 3DS) and it would definitely be up there even during the sale if it had a better discount

Steamworld Dig is great and I'm not saying they should have put it on sale at 75% off or something, I think it would have cracked the top 20 with only a 40% off sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom