• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezra2680

Well I couldn't do it GAF. I've been idling all day and selling cards to try and acquire the funds to get a game or two I wanted, but it's the holiday season and so I thought I'd use my only pennies giving back to you guys, it's not much but it's all I got :3

Thanks for doing a giveaway with the last of your steam buxs. Just noticed you are going to MSU for comp sci. I graduated last year and remember pinching pennies during school. Make sure your wishlist is in order and maybe santa will stop by tonight.

thekenta

Also, don't be discouraged by the learning curve. The new "enhanced edition" helps with it somewhat by guiding you through some early stuff, but this is a game that is not at all obvious or intuitive with it's systems or controls. You also need to earn/unlock a bunch of stuff that would be a given in other games. But once you get the hang of things, the game really comes into it's own.

Thanks, guys, I'll get both.
I guess there won't be a better deal? They're 7,50$ at the moment.

Dambrosi

Banned
So, Tomb Raider's Amazon deal is active now. Could someone help me out with this? I don't want to get charged £1.50 by my bank for a foreign transaction if I can help it. I have PayPal.

Addnan

I wonder if the Saints Row IV key AMD gave me is region locked. Would sell it in B/S/T for really cheap to make some of the money back, but not sure if Americans would be able to buy

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What's GAF's consensus on Steamworld Dig? Worth it at this price, or wait for a higher discount?

Lain

Good morning everyone. What to vote on between MirrorMoon EP, Gnomoria and Doorways?

Also, anyone knows why the Thief pack on Amazon is 5.99 instead of 4.99?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Merry Christmas you lovely bunch of cocunuts
...in 42 minutes, that is, but I won't be here when the clock strikes 12

Shepard

Good morning everyone. What to vote on between MirrorMoon EP, Gnomoria and Doorways?

Also, anyone knows why the Thief pack on Amazon is 5.99 instead of 4.99?

Some Square-enix deals were readjusted before they went live. Same thing happened to Dungeon Siege III pack, it was supposed to cost 2,99, but it was readjusted to 5,99 :(

-MD-

How is the Mortal Kombat PC port? It's $7.49 on Amazon right now and it's real tempting

I haven't tried it since launch but the online lagged terribly & single player cutscenes were ultra quiet/compressed.

Single player gameplay was fine though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It is fun, but pretty short. If you don't intend to play it right away, I would wait for a better discount.

Alright thanks. Yeah I've got a ton of stuff to play at the moment: Far Cry 3, Shadow Warrior, Enslaved, and Castlevania. Should keep me busy for a bit. :)

Addnan

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sleeping Dogs -- MB-E0048FA9717031F0

t1387909237z1.png

Playing through Tomb Raider at the moment, bought it a few months ago when it was $4.99 the first time.

It's pretty...I'm just not sure it's fun?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm really hoping for Baldur's Gate II to go higher than 33% off.

Same here, I've never played it. I'm going through FF7 for the millionth time, but while playing it last night I really had a hankering to try BGII for some reason. I've heard nothing but amazing things through the years but I've just never played it for whatever reason.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I nominate MirrorMoon EP. Doorways is an episodic title that isn't done yet (I think it's going to have four chapters) and Gnomoria is Dwarf Fortress's simpler, flashier younger brother.

Copons would want you to support the fledgling Italian small-dev scene anyway. (Help me remember, someone: are some of the Santa Ragione devs on GAF?)

...Gnomoria will probably win regardless of what you vote for though!

I voted it simply because tons of gaffer wishlisted it.
It's a great game. The puzzle elements can get repetitive, but that doesn't really matter because the core of the game is exploration and discovery.
It bears repeating: Mirrormoon EP is not about story or complex gameplay or moral choices or brain-twisting puzzles. It's about discovery. In Mirrormoon, space isn't just an expanse of blackness and stars, but a canvas of color and abstract architecture to explore. Every planet offers something new and interesting to discover and maybe you'll leave your mark with a name for your new discovery.

mirrormoon_gorgeous-png.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom