• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
The community vote this time around is just...weird. Super Hexagon is already 80 % off, and 59 cents. 59 cents. So they give us the option of voting it down to 90 %. That's just...I don't even know. Anyone who votes for Super Hexagon should be ashamed on multiple levels.

Why? The game is a blast to play

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
for what it's worth, I have them both for console and PC and ME2 and 3 are AWFUL on pc, IMO. the controls are crummy and they don't have controller support. Also Origin. yuck.

I actually prefer KB+M and from what I gathered the port is fine.

Well ME3 is Origin only. I would just go for it( if you were planning to buy it).

Well, I kinda hate how ME3 treated the universe.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
The main difference is that it will still display DLC for games you do own, while filtering out the DLC for games you don't. In the instance of Europa Universalis, I own III but not IV. If I wanted to search for DLC for III but not IV, there currently isn't a way to do this in Steam.

Additionally, one could leave the search field blank and select DLC from the filter list to pull a list of only the DLC on Steam for games they already own.
Thanks for the enlightenment. I don't own many games with significant amounts of DLC, so I wasn't really aware of all the use cases.

VOTE FOR LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!!
this THIS THIS I may actually feel real life disappointment if it loses :(
$5 is a historical low, and KR0 is popular enough to get a daily or flash sometime later this sale. The chances for LLTQ to get that treatment are far smaller.

ErichWK

I voted for that Long Live The Queen game for all you dorks. I do like that showing off my Royal Jugs is good for the people of my Kingdom.

There are two types of people. Those manly enough to vote for Long Live the Queen and those that aren't.

Kentucky Route Zero is already that price on Amazon. Be an informed voter.

Yuuichi

$20 off a new COD seems pretty unprecedented.
I think the sales must have just tanked compared to BLOPS 2.

Anyone care to sell me on Dishonored? I watched the trailer and it looks interesting, but it just kinda looks like Bioshock Infinite with swords, so I'm not sure if I should pick it up, given my limited budget.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I will say while I haven't bought much, this sale has been a good sale. Good discounts, good variety of good games on sale. At least a slightly better metagame than the last year of deals, but not nearly as good as 2-3 years ago obviously.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Baldur's Gate - wtf? 60% as a daily deal (when it's been 75% in the past) and no additional discount on Baldur's Gate II?

Alex

I wish they'd just get rid of the voting shit and make Flash Sales into 8 games or something, honestly, maybe thats boring but whatever.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo what has my friend done gifting me RPG Maker, now I have to buy all the DLC >_< lol

also hello guys :)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Again, in my opinion, and the opinion of some of my nutjob friends who are too into this shit, it is probably the best zombie themed game ever produced. Sort of a survival sim where you proceed through the plotline while growing and managing a town while off handling your own expeditions and missions. It is very involved and very open and a lot of fun, good polish for the type of game it is. The DLC is great, as well, and if you strike an addiction, it provides a ton of value.

I know I make the reference like every time I talk about it, but it's just such an easy one, but it really is like a third person Rebuild (why has no one but me played this!?)

Anyway, it'll likely end up very high on my GOTY list, wasn't what I expected at all for a game that led on the Xbox.

Looks like I'm spending $10. Thank you for the post.

How is State of Decay on PC? I gave up on the XBLA version because TLOU came out like a week later and never went back, but I remember it being pretty janky and the framerate was really rough.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The community vote this time around is just...weird. Super Hexagon is already 80 % off, and 59 cents. 59 cents. So they give us the option of voting it down to 90 %. That's just...I don't even know. Anyone who votes for Super Hexagon should be ashamed on multiple levels.
Oh, I know. I am ashamed of myself, that's why I voted for it. But thanks anyway for letting me know how I should feel!

denx

So I come back from the grave and of course I miss the Max Payne deal and the Wing Commander bundle in GOG.com. Yippity-fucking-yay. :/

So Gnomoria, yes or no?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Gnomoria is pretty decent but you need to read up first.

Also might as well ask here, can you play games from Origin without running it? I know Sims 3 can be run without it, but I kinda figured it's because it was made prior to Origin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom