• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

btw, is State of Decay really worth my time?

I tried the demo on 360 and can't say I was overly impressed, not seeing where the hype is coming from.

Gazoinks

State of Decay impressions seem fairly negative on the Steam forums, but people here seem to like it. Worth getting if I like survival games?

railGUN

Banned
Rome II has me very tempted, but I've heard so much bad things about the game, I'm not sure if it's worth it yet. I put hundreds of hours into the original, though.

Salsa

btw, is State of Decay really worth my time?

I tried the demo on 360 and can't say I was overly impressed, not seeing where the hype is coming from.

way I see it, it's like a single player Day Z

meaning it's tighter and feels more complete if you don't care about the random players aspect of the former

1 - get State of Decay
2 - wait till DayZ alpha gets cheaper/more complete
3 - ???
4 - profit

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

War of the Roses Kingmaker -- MB-05F72E2726FF7489

Grief.exe

State of Decay impressions seem fairly negative on the Steam forums, but people here seem to like it. Worth getting if I like survival games?

I'm not saying State of Decay is good or bad, but the Steam forums is one of the worst places to go to for impressions.
Comparable to YouTube comments.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait I just realised my true love aint sending ME shit, these lyrics suck!

next one is a Gaf favorite by the way

Tesseract

Banned
wow rhak thanks a million friendships for mortal kombat, very generous giveaway! looking forward to ripping through story mode!

Bonuses!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Bard's Tale -- MB-C9E176940CF4C64E - Taken by alr1ght
Solar 2 -- MB-4B3F6CFE7BC1E96E - Taken by Infinity

Gazoinks

I'm not saying State of Decay is good or bad, but the Steam forums is one of the worst places to go to for impressions.
Comparable to YouTube comments.

This is entirely true. I don't put much stock in them, but it's a quick way of sort of getting a general idea. Unless the game is at all arty. :p

Necrovex

Thanks for Dead Space 3, GK86. I have to install Origin on my PC anyway to replay Mass Effect 3, so I may as well finish the Dead Space trilogy (and cry according to most people).

MachoSuave

Neo Member
Motoki said:
http://www.hanakogames.com/llq.shtml#buyit

Apparently when you buy direct from Hanako right now it's 50% off (won't show until you put it in the cart) and you can still redeem a Steam key here: http://nettle.spikycaterpillar.com/

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/1tmhbo/long_live_the_queen_50_off_discount_added_when/

That is what people have said at Reddit Game Deals.

Quote from steam forums, it would seem all is not lost should the inevitable happen.

Sorry if slowpoke.

Leg-End

I can't take part because I've already won a game today but even I'm enjoying just refreshing the page to see what Rhaknar gives away next.

AHA-Lambda

way I see it, it's like a single player Day Z

meaning it's tighter and feels more complete if you don't care about the random players aspect of the former

1 - get State of Decay
2 - wait till DayZ alpha gets cheaper/more complete
3 - ???
4 - profit

Eh, I think the reason DayZ seems appealing is the random and procedural, unscripted nature of it.

Think I'll just wait for more content/cheaper price for DayZ.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
No excuses! Go have some cleaning and some fun after. :)
If Monk says it, I can't say no. I seriously can't.

I promise that I'll try to do so (can't promise I'll succeed) before next Monday. If I don't do it, you are all free to insult me and say how ugly I am :p

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
wait I just realised my true love aint sending ME shit, these lyrics suck!

next one is a Gaf favorite by the way

I don't know what you're trying to pull by coming in here with a Disgaea avatar and being all generous. Our love can't be bought that easily.

Oh, sorry. Typo there. Can. Can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom