• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think binding of issac is like the pit at all. Maybe look at dungeons of dredmoore

Speaking of, binding of isaac is some fucked up business.
Ridiculously fucked up.

But it's a great game if you can get some of the stuff to work -- i haven't figured out what's up with the game profile I'm using to map everything to a 360 pad, so item usage and stuff is a little wonky, but I had fun playing it again last night.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
On the seventh day of Christmas my true love sent to me...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dishonored -- MB-F1200DBC7F2F1D24 - Taken by throwawayname

...the spiritual sucessor to Thief!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Last call. Have at it.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space 3 Origin -- MB-1A14FE66AC989C1F - Taken by Necrovex. 3 entrants total.
The Showdown Effect -- MB-BC67272957599280 - Taken by ichtyander. 9 entrants total.
War of the Roses Kingmaker -- MB-05F72E2726FF7489 - Taken by drizzle
vRvbDCu.png
The Sims 3 Origin -- MB-202DC66E6BD3C447 - Taken by Archaix. 10 entrants total.

t1387916753z1.png

Whoever wins Sims 3, please PM me, I will also be giving you the expansion and DLC to go with it.

AsylumX

Ridiculously fucked up.

But it's a great game if you can get some of the stuff to work -- i haven't figured out what's up with the game profile I'm using to map everything to a 360 pad, so item usage and stuff is a little wonky, but I had fun playing it again last night.

I tried mapping everything to a controller and the d-pad or analog didn't feel good to me, so I went back to playing it with the keyboard. A little piece of advice, map bombs and item to the triggers.

Leg-End

Really enjoying La-Mulana even with the constant back and forth at first, a certain item does help with that later on.

Now if only I knew where I was actually going.

oipic

Wow, Rhaknar - wonderful stuff. <3

Very pleased to see Dishonored find another happy home - it's such a great game.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Ridiculously fucked up.

I tried mapping everything to a controller and the d-pad or analog didn't feel good to me, so I went back to playing it with the keyboard. A little piece of advice, map bombs and item to the triggers.

If you're using Joy2Key, I definitely suggest changing the sensitivity (I set the threshold at 20% so it ignores anything below, but my 360 pad also has a bit of a loose stick) on the analog stick for movement and using face buttons for shooting. Then put items, cards, and bombs on the shoulder buttons.

Jawmuncher

You're Welcome All!

WTH IndieGala store bought the Still Life Bundle got 3 keys for the first game...

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
A thank you for all those that added me or accepted my friend request on Steam. I'm enjoying looking through what games you've played, recommended, completed, and so forth to give me some ideas. It's all quite fun and interesting.

I especially like how many have Super House Of Dead Ninjas. Good people you be.

If you're using Joy2Key, I definitely suggest changing the sensitivity (I set the threshold at 20% so it ignores anything below, but my 360 pad also has a bit of a loose stick) on the analog stick for movement and using face buttons for shooting. Then put items, cards, and bombs on the shoulder buttons.

I have the bombs on left trigger and I think items on right trigger and "other" on right bumper. It's a PGP deal -- I was trying to use JoyToKey but was too lazy to make my own profile and figure out setup and then I tried Xpadder 5.3, but the profile wouldn't load properly. So I went back to trying PGP. Bombs definitely work -- but part of the problem is even after I edited the profile to change some things around, I still don't know what items actually work with item or other. :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
might be best to wait a while regardless, there's probably a hundred of lurkers just F5'ing the shit out of this thread simply to get your gifts

*raises flameshield*

i would but I have to get ready for work soon, dat xmas eve graveyard shift lol... sigh

Jomjom

Banned
Does anyone know if Ys: Origins has ever gone on sale for a larger discount than the standard 50%? I'm getting antsy and I want to see if I should wait or just get it now at $9.99.

Tellaerin

A thank you for all those that added me or accepted my friend request on Steam. I'm enjoying looking through what games you've played, recommended, completed, and so forth to give me some ideas. It's all quite fun and interesting.

I especially like how many have Super House Of Dead Ninjas. Good people you be.

Thanks for reminding me! I really need to go back through the thread and add a bunch of you guys as friends on Steam. So many good folks here.

Rhaknar

On the eighth day of Christmas my true love sent to me...

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition -- MB-FBF7AF8DA9DAB84C - Taken by Tesseract

...a bloody mess of gore under the tree!

Does anyone know if Ys: Origins has ever gone on sale for a larger discount than the standard 50%? I'm getting antsy and I want to see if I should wait or just get it now at $9.99.

Two words.
ENHANCED STEAM.

Lowest Price: $9.99 at Steam (Info)
Historical Low: $6.79 at Steam on Tue Jul 23 2013 (Info)

Khronico

Bah humbug
ModBot said:
Instructions for Khronico:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 17 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Jack Lumber -- MB-ED78FB43ACB903AD - Taken by Nabs
HE Duality: Inception Part 1 DLC -- MB-8E988F253E409268 - Taken by Pakkidis
Doc Clock -- MB-374A2C9A4158D7D8 - Taken by Jables Swan
Little Inferno -- MB-2B83704E6D3309CD - Taken by NeoNess
HE Duality: Inception Part 3 DLC -- MB-1B067C37F2643E77
Gemini Rue -- MB-3E796B172810A59C - Taken by denx
Teleglitch -- MB-A920470F33A4FC8B - Taken by didamangi
Skyward Collapse -- MB-93B0DB9B2BD85262 - Taken by waby
Shattered Haven -- MB-3E8EC7B22EDC9E72 - Taken by scorpscarx
HE Duality: Inception Part 2 DLC -- MB-6328BAD3F8B1A537
Puzzler World -- MB-7663BCE709954A17 - Taken by thereisnoif
Gateways -- MB-5155509B2EB56C23 - Taken by kudoboi
Hacker Evolution Duality -- MB-D72263927D36DB02 - Taken by Kaper
AAAA for the awesome -- MB-12C73854E3CE9C17 - Taken by nightstorm
HE Duality: Hardcore Package 1 DLC -- MB-2B06FF9F4CC81804 - Taken by Abomination
Avernum: Escape from the Pit -- MB-8CBD31AC5E42BCF2 - Taken by MTMBStudios
Valley Without Wind 1&2 -- MB-A281EBC1DFC768F5 - Taken by Reg

Freezard

Okay, just realized I could get a free GOG key for Shadowrun Returns but because I'd prefer to have it on Steam anyway I'm giving it away here! Is that okay even though this is the Steam thread? Whatever let's do this.

I dunno why it wasn't flagged with the GOG icon as I've seen in other posts but whatever, it's definitely for GOG and not Steam

Thanks for this, but I didn't realize it was a GOG key (was in a hurry). I don't have GOG so you will have to nuke it and raffle again, sorry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom