• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

way I see it, it's like a single player Day Z

meaning it's tighter and feels more complete if you don't care about the random players aspect of the former

1 - get State of Decay
2 - wait till DayZ alpha gets cheaper/more complete
3 - ???
4 - profit

Not all that much alike, honestly, outside of the initial theme work and being "survival" games. SoD has a lot of community management and expansion and is based around missions, etc. It's a fairly full game. Honestly though, I've still yet to see anyone play DayZ in a survival manner anyway, it pretty much just seems like a extremely barebones, internet jackass sandbox nowadays. We all know internet jackass sandboxes peaked out at Ultima Online, anyway.

Veering off a bit, If you want a single player DayZ-esque title then it seems like Sir, You Are Being Hunted might be a good choice. That's what I kept reading about it, and that one WILL have co-op added to it at some point.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
nobody guessed it, surprisingly. Also I dont do joke giveaways so its not Bad Rats (even if I own it lol). Modbot eating turkey aparently...

Kaper

For those of you that missed these bundles:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-BEEA28D3557A45A6 - Taken by Leg-End
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-A4D3BFFA47147FD0
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-B368F382CC7A3A4B
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-B1E839A21D52DA03 - Taken by Pickles Spill
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-8A6BA465F0BD52A9 - Taken by HalfwayOrb
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-A5A1E7629FED68AA
Crysis 2 (Origin) -- MB-6B418238FB6E3901 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-FF47AE403CD97C1F - Taken by Archaix

Still doubting about getting Fallout 3 GOTY for 2,50. Heck of a price, but it's got...
...GFWL *shudders* :|
And I doubt i'll play it anytime soon. I barely know the games, that's the weird thing, but I own almost all of them. :p This is the only Fallout I don't own.

Where in satan's name can I get F3 for that price?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Thanks for Dead Space 3, GK86. I have to install Origin on my PC anyway to replay Mass Effect 3, so I may as well finish the Dead Space trilogy (and cry according to most people).

You are most welcome dude. :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

War of the Roses -- MB-5EE19A0E61A130CF - Taken by Stumpokapow

Reckoner

Help me decide. I need a zombie game for this year's christmas season (last year was The Walking Dead and I'm not feeling like playing Season 2 yet). Should I go for State of Decay or DayZ?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hmm think i legit broke modbot this time, or i fucked something up lol

Rhaknar

hmm should i re-msg modbot or just wait it out? no idea what you usually do when it dont work

Cth

hmm should i re-msg modbot or just wait it out? no idea what you usually do when it dont work

Did you have any unusual characters in the title of the game?

You could try sending it that command to see what you've won/given away to see if it's broke possibly.

Grief.exe

Not all that much alike, honestly, outside of the initial theme work and being "survival" games. SoD has a lot of community management and expansion and is based around missions, etc. It's a fairly full game. Honestly though, I've still yet to see anyone play DayZ in a survival manner anyway, it pretty much just seems like a extremely barebones, internet jackass sandbox nowadays. We all know internet jackass sandboxes peaked out at Ultima Online, anyway.

Veering off a bit, If you want a single player DayZ-esque title then it seems like Sir, You Are Being Hunted might be a good choice. That's what I kept reading about it, and that one WILL have co-op added to it at some point.

I play DayZ as a survival game. I like to sneak up on people on occasion, but I generally like to stick to the forests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom