• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
What do you guys think of Ducktales vs the NES version?

It's a prettier version (I guess) with added cutscenes. Like any remake, if you don't like the original, you won't like this one. Wait for ~$5.

I've got a question about the snow globe cards. I've just been getting them by voting for the community choice sale so I doubt I'll get them all to make the badge. So instead of selling them all for a couple pennies, what else should I do with them?
Vote 30 times and you'll have 10. Trade with people if you get doubles.

Untitled1_60pyfn7pjp.jpg

Games of the devil. Rise of the Triad was 666. Kinda fitting.

Caerith

I've got a question about the snow globe cards. I've just been getting them by voting for the community choice sale so I doubt I'll get them all to make the badge. So instead of selling them all for a couple pennies, what else should I do with them?
I think you'll have enough to make the badge by the end if you keep voting.

denx

There isn't anything else you can do with those cards. You either sell them, or collect them and craft a badge.

JakeD

Hah, funny...

*google*

God dammit. MK it is.

getting arcade now for 6 will allow you to upgrade to Ultra for $15 when it comes out. (so 21 total) as opposed to the 29.99 full price for ultra

actually now that i've typed that out, it kinda seems like a shitty deal considering the first major sale after it comes out will probably have the full version cheaper than that.

Colin.

What the heck. Need a bit of help here. Got the Sonic Transformed 4 pack from Amazon, and I only got one code?! I've never had this before with codes. I doubt all 4 would be put in my inventory if I redeem it, as I already own the game.

mannerbot

getting arcade now for 6 will allow you to upgrade to Ultra for $15 when it comes out. (so 21 total) as opposed to the 29.99 full price for ultra

actually now that i've typed that out, it kinda seems like a shitty deal considering the first major sale after it comes out will probably have the full version cheaper than that.

Even if you're not going to upgrade to Ultra, I'd take AE over Mortal Kombat any day.

Myshkin

A couple of trades will probably get you a badge.
But unless you are keen on upping your Steam level, just take the cash. I think they're still worth over 20 cents a pop?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
On the tenth day of Christmas my true love sent to me...

MachoSuave

Neo Member

Sell them now to drive down prices, re-buy on last day for tuppence to craft the badge. That's my tactic at least, working so far.

Jawmuncher

What the heck. Need a bit of help here. Got the Sonic Transformed 4 pack from Amazon, and I only got one code?! I've never had this before with codes. I doubt all 4 would be put in my inventory if I redeem it, as I already own the game.

Chat with Amazon Customer Service they'll fix it in 5 minutes .

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

actually now that i've typed that out, it kinda seems like a shitty deal considering the first major sale after it comes out will probably have it cheaper than that.

Exactly why I'm going to pass. Especially with how this sale has gone, DLC hasn't been discounted nearly as deep as full games have.

Even if you're not going to upgrade to Ultra, I'd take AE over Mortal Kombat any day.

I'm not big into fighting games and would only play single player and the occasional local multiplayer. I've had more fun with what I've played of MK than SF4 and have some version of SF4 from Playstation Plus anyway.

Got Sims 3 earlier (thanks again GK86), passing along some of the fun:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bastion -- MB-27329CF430D5D268 - Taken by Myshkin. 1 entrants total.
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-2B35A14BCBB4CD3F - Taken by UncleO. 6 entrants total.

t1387920128z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
On the tenth day of Christmas my true love sent to me...

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Final Fantasy VII -- MB-DC2662D6AAA32560 - Taken by kadab

...a spiky haired protagonist fantasy! (oh that one rhymed)

Rhaknar

stop guessing games that arent on sale guys, Im not rich :p

chronomac

I don't like Tomb Raider yet (maybe I will eventually) but I am surprised by how well it scales down to older machines, like mine.

Is there a list of newer games that scale well and perhaps those that do not? If not, there should be.

Rhaknar

On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love sent to me...

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Remember Me -- MB-4CD70CFC6B8823F2 - Taken by kutthoat5150

...I forget what she sent to me o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom