• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

Christmas dinner, sangria, wine & wine to celebrate this fine day, opening an exception. Did I miss something? Wonder If I can make it to the Voting later on.

Happy holidays everyone (for those I missed on Steam) for those that care or not, I hope you all have a wonderful day. You are all amazing, never forget that.

Miguel81

Since Resident Evil: Revelaitons is $10 on GMG, I can offer up an in-depth review if anybody is interested or need help deciding. Too lazy to type one up without someone nudging me to do so though.

As a fan of all the games BEFORE RE4, should I get this?

Turfster

I still won't understand why games with already existing PC ports (Silent Hill and Dino Crisis is what I'm thinking of right now) couldn't just touch-up their ports and release them on Steam.

Those ports are old and pretty crap. They usually have trouble running on modern PCs/OSes, and why would they spend time and money on them when they can get you to buy Super McDuder 50?
(Yes, I know people would buy them, but they've obviously decided it's not worth the effort)

everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, have to get Rogue Legacy
I refuse to, sir!
(Merry Christmas)

zkylon

zkylewd
how's this gnomoria thing? I kinda always wanted to get into dwarf fortress but you know, I'm a visual being and ascii art doesn't quite cut it for me

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Awesome stuff Rhaknar. So much generosity in here. Awesome people. :)

Christmas dinner, sangria, wine & wine to celebrate this fine day, opening an exception. Did I miss something? Wonder If I can make it to the Voting later on.

Happy holidays everyone (for those I missed on Steam) for those that care or not, I hope you all have a wonderful day. You are all amazing, never forget that.

same here, but I'm already having a few drinks of Maker's Mark, best bourbon whisky ever! heh

Since the GMG thread isn't seeing much traffic: Does anyone have an idea of how long games on GMG - namely DmC and Remember Me, which both started today, I believe - will be on sale for? I'm only seeing the overall length of the sale listed, Dec 19 - Jan 6.

Not if you're talking about gameplay mechanics.

Since the GMG thread isn't seeing much traffic: Does anyone have an idea of how long games on GMG - namely DmC and Remember Me, which went up today, I believe - will be on sale for? I'm only seeing the overall length of the sale listed, Dec 19 - Jan 6.

They change daily. I just don't know what time the change actually happens... Not sure if those went up at like 12am GMT last night and will change at 12am GMT today or what though.

Miguel81

I still won't understand why games with already existing PC ports (Silent Hill and Dino Crisis is what I'm thinking of right now) couldn't just touch-up their ports and release them on Steam.

Because Japanese companies are oblivious to how big PC gaming is outside of their bubble.

Miker

lol you asked the one question that I can't answer. I've played RE4 (PC version, Wii version, and emulated Wii version), RE5 PC, RE6 PC, and Revelaitons PC. But not any of the ones before 4 in any format. Sorry :(

I'll type up a review later though, in case you're still interested.

rtcn63

I didn't even realize Xmas was incoming until I read that South Park was marathoning the holiday episodes. Nothing planned, and the family doesn't celebrate. May just catch up on TV shows and play Mario 3D Land + Just Cause 2.

daveo42

Banned

Classiest man on GAF right here. I hope your holiday treats you well fine sir.

vg260

Since the GMG thread isn't seeing much traffic: Does anyone have an idea of how long games on GMG - namely DmC and Remember Me, which both started today, I believe - will be on sale for? I'm only seeing the overall length of the sale listed, Dec 19 - Jan 6.

I think most of their deals have lasted a day or two max.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Those ports are old and pretty crap. They usually have trouble running on modern PCs/OSes, and why would they spend time and money on them when they can get you to buy Super McDuder 50?
(Yes, I know people would buy them, but they've obviously decided it's not worth the effort)

Capcom could just send them to CDPR in exchange for ~six months (or less) of GOG exclusivity. This is exactly what Squeenix does.

$6 Skullgirls or $10 RE Revelations.... hmmm...

Both are worthy games for those prices, as I understand it. I can only vouch for Skullgirls as I haven't personally run through RE:R yet.

More into great atmosphere, and puzzles here and there. Behind the back doesn't bother me, but Resi 4 was way too tongue-in-cheek and action packed.

I've seen complaints about enemy design or something... but I want to say the general impressions were that the game was more toward the roots of the series than 4/5/6 were.

Don't quote me on that -- you're better off waiting for people in here to respond with more details or checking user reviews on metacritic, I suppose.

Good luck! :)

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Revelations is tempting.

I'd probably get Skullgirls, but I don't have a stick that works well with the PC. My hori classic controller stick don't work right with my adapter :/

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Bought Revelations on GMG: I also had 1 dollar library I could trade in.

9 dollars. Cheaper than it would be at the Brazilian store with a 75% discount.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Is the pass 48 hours?

Oh god I better win this one.

Since giving it away is such a cool thing, i figured i should give away a game too.

I absolutely adored this game, if you haven't played it yet you should hop on it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rayman Origins -- MB-78B7D6F5E881CC2E - Taken by MNC. 42 entrants total.

t1387923368z1.png

Altazor

happy holidays, man! have a good one :D

brentech

Played both these games a long time ago so I've had these two keys sitting around for a while, hopefully someone might want them.

Sweet, thanks for Mirror's Edge!
Whenever I see screens or just the game brought up, I want to play it. I had it on 360 at one point, but never got to finish it and ended up selling the system a long time back. appreciate it

let's keep it going, hope I did this right

ModBot said:
I
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dishonored -- MB-BEB2423AFB7E8B4E - Taken by Arthea. 22 entrants total.
t1387923594z1.png

Kadin

RE:R worth the purchase if I've already played it on the 3DS? Did they improve much or is it basically the same with just improved graphics (I assume)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom