• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, I'm still fairly new to NeoGAF, but not to steam, but thanks for opening my eyes to this game......Never ran across it before, I definitely want it now....

That being said, I'm assuming 6.50 is about the cheapest I'll find it? I'm not a cheapskate, and the game looks like it's worth it, but with as many games as I purchase and play I do look for the best bargain......

It is currently $1.99 here: http://www.indiegala.com/limited (along with some other cool games!).

Edit: I'm too slow. Glad you found it though!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I only spent 33 dollars so far this sale. And like, 12 were already on my Steam Wallet. And 14 was for Metal Gear Rising.

This is most disappointing.

Tellaerin

No opinions on RoTT? Anyone? : (

And as someone who actually preferred RE 4 and 5 to the earlier Resi games (yeah, I know, I'm part of the problem, yadda yadda yadda >.>), would I be better off with Resi 6 or Revelations? GMG deals are tempting.

And as someone who actually preferred RE 4 and 5 to the earlier Resi games (yeah, I know, I'm part of the problem, yadda yadda yadda >.>), would I be better off with Resi 6 or Revelations? GMG deals are tempting.
Revelations all the way. RE6 is a terrible game.

Deadstar

I played the Leon's campaign in 6 with a coop partner and it was pretty fun. I'd say it was like 5 except crazier. If you liked 5 you'll probably like 6. RoTT is a lot slower. I only played a about an hour of it and didn't really get into it as much. I can't really judge it yet.

Played a little over an hour of Remember Me.
Took a handful of shots (SPOILER WARNING): http://pepsimanvsjoe.minus.com/

I expect to take tons more.

ibcszlVUpZYXnr.jpg

Resident Evil 6 has some of the best third-person shooter mechanics/design since Vanquish IMO.
The quality of the campaign(s) varies but you'll get more than your money's worth in Mercenaries.
Play with mouse + keyboard and look up a guide for the commands to save yourself from a lot of headache.

rtcn63

... I preferred RE:R, but RE6 isn't that far off, just a lot of minor missteps that can ruin the experience. Also RE6 has a very much lengthier campaign. Recommended if you have someone to coop with, otherwise I'd likely pick Revelations.

neoism

leave sorsay alone she's just a small thang....

-_- man I hope ff14 steam can be unlocked with my key..... what have I done...buying an MMO :/

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
RE:R worth the purchase if I've already played it on the 3DS? Did they improve much or is it basically the same with just improved graphics (I assume)?
Outside of visual stuff and being a good port, the only new content is a new difficulty mode (unlocked from the start, known as Infernal Mode which has completely new locations for enemies who do a lot more damage), a few new enemies (wall blister, a new variant of the dog enemies, a new boss for Raid Mode which is a stronger and changed version of the final boss), couple new characters for Raid Mode (Rachel and HUNK), a few new costumes (Sailor Chris, Pirate Jill, and Samurai Keith), and you can now use unlocked costumes from Raid Mode in the campaign. There are other changes, but the most notable ones.

Erekiddo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Doc Clock, The Toasted Sandwich Of Time -- MB-780710FEAB555E7F - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Hacker Evolution Duality DLC 2 -- MB-5EF8CE195D8068A3 - Taken by Eila
Hacker Evolution Duality DLC 3 -- MB-A7DED4BC80F98278 - Taken by Eila
Hacker Evolution Duality DLC 1 -- MB-94B958D14217F678 - Taken by Timedog
Shattered Haven -- MB-C602B58A5A13314E - Taken by Servizio
Puzzler World -- MB-3EA20A9CECEC3F5E - Taken by Fox318
Hacker Evolution Duality Hardcore Package -- MB-3BEF919149193BE4 - Taken by trailmix16
Hacker Evolution Duality -- MB-6C1313884E49B4AD - Taken by Gravelord_Nito

Like for 1 real.

14 number is a random number I pulled out of my mind. Too lazy to check how much i actually spent in USD for it. I'm from Brazil

I knew you were from Brazil. I use to check Nuuvem weekly that's why I told you so, I recall I did some maths and it seemed to be cheaper on Nuuvem, but I already preordered on Steam

ChaoticEko

Neo Member
I only spent 33 dollars so far this sale. And like, 12 were already on my Steam Wallet. And 14 was for Metal Gear Rising.

This is most disappointing.

Well, when you own 968 games(assuming I found the right person on steam) that's about how it goes..... I only have a third of what you have and each sale is getting progressively difficult to find something I want that I don't already have......

oipic

I haven't played the remake, so please take this with a grain of salt, but the modern re-imagining is apparently very faithful to 1994's original... so some of the gameplay mechanics have seemingly dated a little, and are somewhat clunky as a result - i.e. the new one has inherited all that was both good and old-school from the original. I did like it back in the day, but I'm not sure how well it would stack up now. Still, at this price, you can't really go wrong, I reckon.

I hope someone who has played the new one can provide a better and more useful (and relevant!) opinion for you, though! :)

well, I'm still fairly new to NeoGAF

Minka Kelly avatar! I approve, thumbs up etc. You're okay, Eko - please stick around. Maybe I should dig out my old Minka avatar.

Kadin

Outside of visual stuff and being a good port, the only new content is a new difficulty mode (unlocked from the start, known as Infernal Mode which has completely new locations for enemies who do a lot more damage), a few new enemies (wall blister, a new variant of the dog enemies, a new boss for Raid Mode which is a stronger and changed version of the final boss), couple new characters for Raid Mode (Rachel and HUNK), a few new costumes (Sailor Chris, Pirate Jill, and Samurai Keith), and you can now use unlocked costumes from Raid Mode in the campaign. There are other changes, but the most notable ones.
Sounds like enough for me... Thanks!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Doc Clock The Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-E35D1FC732A89348
Skyward Collapse -- MB-B6F0D0A5DA3D2AFC - Taken by Knurek
Shattered Haven -- MB-1E70E2098C1882D3 - Taken by Kerub
Puzzler World -- MB-C3CB030B625A36B5 - Taken by Cloudius12
A Valley Without Wind 1 plus 2 -- MB-11EB5DF7AAD7BA12 - Taken by Dambrosi
Teleglitch Die More Edition -- MB-506D537C2E097C1C - Taken by 73V3N
Hacker Evolution Duality plus DLC (five keys) -- MB-61ADA5ADD0175451 - Taken by Shrike Alvaron

Short impressions of Teleglitch I wrote in August
Currently I'm playing Teleglitch: Die More Edition on Steam.

After reading nothing but praise on NeoGAF, I tried the demo and it was so good that I bought the game right after. Love the art style and the distortion when you fire your weapon, the weapons sound and feel powerful, the tension is palpable

I finally made it to Level 2. And then I died.

It may not have Crysis-level graphics, but what matters is the gameplay. The tension of the unknown, the joy of finding a new gun or a medkit, the fear when you're low on health and ammo, is fantastic. When you enter a room armed with only two shotgun rounds, 25 health, and one explosive, and a horde of mutants and zombies rush out of the area where you can't see and you just turn and flee the other way...it's worth every penny

You're always at a disadvantage. Every weapon, every piece of equipment counts. Every decision is life or death

thoughts so far? user and critic reviews seem to be quite the opposite on this one

I really haven't gotten far enough to say one way or another.
The first chapter consists of walking, climbing, and combat.

Walking & Climbing are just a means to an end, nothing to really say about it.
Combat is still very early. The closest comparison would be a way more shallow version of the Arkham series. (basic combos, big red exclamation points when enemies attack, dodge move)
The most interesting aspects involve the visuals, the music, and events where you peer into the memories of others and manipulate them.

But that's just chapter 1. I figure in less than 10 hours I'll have this game beat and can give a more thorough write-up.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I knew you were from Brazil. I use to check Nuuvem weekly that's why I told you so, I recall I did some maths and it seemed to be cheaper on Nuuvem, but I already preordered on Steam

I already had preordered on Steam as well, but the price difference didn't really bother me. Nuuvem is great and everything, but I don't really like'em. Some TV Show (or was some Youtube video? I don't remember) interviewed them and they kept asking about Steam and making parallels (because how can you not), and they were very Anti-Steam, saying things like "our download platform is great" and "we have nothing to do with Valve, we shouldn't focus all our attention on them". I wish they were more like GreenManGaming and understood that Steam copies of games sell, not try to shove some shitty new Digital Download platform to the Brazilian Market.

Their website changed a little, clearly stating when there's a Steam key available. But they still seem uptight about it.

Well, when you own 968 games(assuming I found the right person on steam) that's about how it goes..... I only have a third of what you have and each sale is getting progressively difficult to find something I want that I don't already have......

Yes, I'm nearing the 1k games mark. I really should pay attention at my games number and see what's the 1000th game I buy.

Also, I need some better category arrangements. The "Indie" category is no longer feasible.

:eek: I really enjoyed Revelaitons on 3DS; about 100 hours playtime but I wouldn't go that far!
RE4 is an absolute classic, for me.

Still, one man's meat and all that :). Glad you enjoyed it that much!

Shit, I liked it enough to re-buy it at the absurd price at launch. $10 is a steal for how good Revelaitons is, especially with those beautiful (patched) m/kb controls. Worlds of improvement of the dinky circle pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom