• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
SiveEhj.jpg

What a great way to kick off Christmas morning. ;)

You guys have a $5 tucked away for Volgarr, right?

The $14 PayPal owes me will be going towards the Mithril Edition of GOME.

that akward moment when you don't take part in most of modbot's giveaways because you own those games.

thank you so much guys for spreading love being so kind

Dull graphics, characters, story, demon art. Grinding for the sake of grinding, without hints of an interesting narrative to make you want to endure it all. SMT III and the Persona games were much better, they had some semblance of a unique atmosphere and storyline. (Though I don't miss the absurd difficulty of Nocturne, could never finish)

At what point do you ever have to grind in SMTIV? I could only see that happening if you don't take advantage of enemy weaknesses and the press turn battle system.

rtcn63

Alright you guys got me, I may have used "grind" too swiftly. But I just couldn't get into the battles enough without a hook. It all seemed pointless, because I wasn't having any real fun. Nothing about the game intrigued me, as a series vet of sorts.

Tellaerin

Reposting because I think this may have been lost in the shuffle earlier:

Anyone know offhand if Rise of the Triad's worth picking up?

Eyeing it with teh card moneys.

Christmas dinner, sangria, wine & wine to celebrate this fine day, opening an exception. Did I miss something? Wonder If I can make it to the Voting later on.

Happy holidays everyone (for those I missed on Steam) for those that care or not, I hope you all have a wonderful day. You are all amazing, never forget that.

Merry Christmas, man! Stay well, enjoy, and hope to talk to you soon!

Any thoughts on State of Decay? Worth $10?

I paid $20 for it on XBLA. It was a lot of fun, but it felt a little bogged down by the home base management stuff. I felt like I was always trying to find supplies and had little time to do the main story, and almost no time to explore on my own. Also I'm not sure I liked that I coudln't just play as one character the whole time. Your people get tired and you have to switch. This was at XBLA release, so it may have changed a lot since then. Did sandbox mode ever get added? That seemed more like what I was after.

Any thoughts on State of Decay? Worth $10?

This peeks my interest too, would like to know if its good or not as it hasnt fallen into the "Ahh fuck it, why not" price bracket

And again...
If you find these stories interesting and cool, you'll like SoD. I definitely think it's worth $10
If you need more convincing, here's the OH SHIT! Moments thread I started on the Undead Labs forum
Nothing but desperate stories of emergent survival and misfortune

Nabs

Looks like Braid may be getting some updates... years later. There's some activity in the Steam registry. Here's hoping for some basic resolution fixes.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
If whoever won my Rayman Origins, if the link doesn't work let me know and I'll send it to your email address instead of my own and just sharing the link.

I THINK that's the proper way to do it but I'm not certain.

mannerbot

did you guys know teleglitch is steam gaf's game of the year?*

That can't be right, since Spelunky came out this year.

Looks like Braid may be getting some updates... years later. There's some activity in the Steam registry. Here's hoping for some basic resolution fixes.

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Blow/status/415582928756686848

There is a beta of Braid, with some Windows fixes, on Steam. The password is Braid2013Yeah (I guess you can't do a beta w/out a password?)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
For those thinking of State of Decay, here is the flip side.

I got that game from a friend and it runs like shit even at 640x480 low settings. My laptop can more than handle this game on high but nope, runs like shit no matter what settings I use. No one should buy it.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
bigwinnerx, i'm loving your avatar.

Getting Fallout 3 to work costed half an hour but hey, it works and GFWL is blocked. Yay!
Now off to bed. Gotta stay off those cheesestraws. :p

ChaoticEko

Neo Member
did you guys know teleglitch is steam gaf's game of the year?*

well, I'm still fairly new to NeoGAF, but not to steam, but thanks for opening my eyes to this game......Never ran across it before, I definitely want it now....

That being said, I'm assuming 6.50 is about the cheapest I'll find it? I'm not a cheapskate, and the game looks like it's worth it, but with as many games as I purchase and play I do look for the best bargain......

mannerbot

well, I'm still fairly new to NeoGAF, but not to steam, but thanks for opening my eyes to this game......Never ran across it before, I definitely want it now....

That being said, I'm assuming 6.50 is about the cheapest I'll find it? I'm not a cheapskate, and the game looks like it's worth it, but with as many games as I purchase and play I do look for the best bargain......

This bundle includes Teleglitch, and it's $1.99 minimum right now: http://www.indiegala.com/limited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom