• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Thanks for Shattered Haven, NeoNess. Looks interesting.

I hope Long Live The Queen is a flash at some point, because there is no way in hell it wins the vote and I've been wanting it since I found out about it--I loved me some Princess Maker. The demo also does a good job of whetting your appetite for court intrigue and...dance classes.

ChaoticEko

Neo Member
Also, I need some better category arrangements. The "Indie" category is no longer feasible.

Well, My Indie category is the longest category as well....If you find a better organizational trick, I'm all ears....
eardog.jpg

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Early x-mas gift for someone:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Brothers A Tale of Two Sons -- MB-E355431A1AE2137A

t1387931288z1.png

I really haven't gotten far enough to say one way or another.
The first chapter consists of walking, climbing, and combat.

Walking & Climbing are just a means to an end, nothing to really say about it.
Combat is still very early. The closest comparison would be a way more shallow version of the Arkham series. (basic combos, big red exclamation points when enemies attack, dodge move)
The most interesting aspects involve the visuals, the music, and events where you peer into the memories of others and manipulate them.

But that's just chapter 1. I figure in less than 10 hours I'll have this game beat and can give a more thorough write-up.

thanks for that, was debating whether to dive into this or shadow warrior but looks like I'll give this one a shot first

I already had preordered on Steam as well, but the price difference didn't really bother me. Nuuvem is great and everything, but I don't really like'em. Some TV Show (or was some Youtube video? I don't remember) interviewed them and they kept asking about Steam and making parallels (because how can you not), and they were very Anti-Steam, saying things like "our download platform is great" and "we have nothing to do with Valve, we shouldn't focus all our attention on them". I wish they were more like GreenManGaming and understood that Steam copies of games sell, not try to shove some shitty new Digital Download platform to the Brazilian Market.

Their website changed a little, clearly stating when there's a Steam key available. But they still seem uptight about it.

yep I noticed that as well. I bought Lost Planet some months back and I didn't noticed it was a direct download from their client, which it was a bummer, so I had to get it from GMG again

Salsa

- hey! after 'Into the Future', 'Island Paradise' and 'University Life', what should we name our awesome next Sims 3 expansion boss!?

- ehhhhh fuck it

ElJpMol.png

Resident Evil Revelations has just been bought.
I'd like to pretend that the last game I'm buying during this sale period is Castle of Illusion...but ...sigh.

Also with 10+ hours into Rogue Legacy I'm long overdue for a break from it.

My second give away. Its fun!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dungeon Defenders -- MB-B4F6E6143B525FE1

t1387936238z1.png

Tizoc

No opinions on RoTT? Anyone? : (

And as someone who actually preferred RE 4 and 5 to the earlier Resi games (yeah, I know, I'm part of the problem, yadda yadda yadda >.>), would I be better off with Resi 6 or Revelations? GMG deals are tempting.

Rise of the Triad gives you infinite ammo for all your weapons and doesn't have regenrative health.
Infinite Ammo means rocket launchers have infinite ammo.
Also Lo Wang
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z8EihvinuQ

gabbo

Does Max Payne 3 multiplayer work, or is rather busted? Can't even get a lan game set up with my brother who's across the room from me.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Anomaly 2 -- MB-ADB3FF1CB483654B - Taken by Tolerance

Have fun with that Game. Santa Gaben is generous today!

santagabe.jpg

Does Max Payne 3 multiplayer work, or is rather busted? Can't even get a lan game set up with my brother who's across the room from me.

It's a barren wasteland, that I know. I haven't tried any multi yet though

just stick to the co-op mode with your brother if you have it.

Coreda

Exactly what is this game? I'm lost.

Top-down survival monster shooter, with randomized level layouts each on each play.

You die pretty quickly initially as it's quite difficult, but after a while it becomes easier. It's enjoyable, if frustrating lol.

FloatOn

a non gaf buddy just hooked me up with baldurs gate enhanced edition.

I think I played some derivative of this series on ps2 and I think I remember liking it. I wonder when I'll have time to play this meaty of an rpg again?

Card Boy

Banned
If anyone wants to save abit of money as opposed to buying directly from Steam. People are selling Rise of the Triad for 1 TF2 key ($2.20) or 3 keys for Shadow Warrior ($6.60) on Steam Trades.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Exactly what is this game? I'm lost.
I've not played it, but it pops up if you search horror on Steam, so it's cool in my book and I'll try it sometime in the future. My impression ftom others is it's a tough survival game with a simple but unique graphic style and some great atmosphere.

Kaleinc

Banned
ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Overlord -- MB-56B49F344C61A95D - Taken by eyeless

Jørdan

a non gaf buddy just hooked me up with baldurs gate enhanced edition.

I think I played some derivative of this series on ps2 and I think I remember liking it. I wonder when I'll have time to play this meaty of an rpg again?

Sounds like Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, was a decent game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom