• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eanan

Someone gifted me Ys Oath In Felghana yays. Only missing Origin!!!! Yays!!!!

Dat Xmas Spirit!
ibfPOY2vxrwC3X.gif

My new favourite xmas gif.

Exactly what is this game? I'm lost.
It's a 2D action roguelike

Currently I'm playing Teleglitch: Die More Edition on Steam.

After reading nothing but praise on NeoGAF, I tried the demo and it was so good that I bought the game right after. Love the art style and the distortion when you fire your weapon, the weapons sound and feel powerful, the tension is palpable

I finally made it to Level 2. And then I died.

It may not have Crysis-level graphics, but what matters is the gameplay. The tension of the unknown, the joy of finding a new gun or a medkit, the fear when you're low on health and ammo, is fantastic. When you enter a room armed with only two shotgun rounds, 25 health, and one explosive, and a horde of mutants and zombies rush out of the area where you can't see and you just turn and flee the other way...it's worth every penny

You're always at a disadvantage. Every weapon, every piece of equipment counts. Every decision is life or death

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im so fucking tempted by state of decay, but the wallet is crying today. if it was 75% it would be a no brainer (no pun intended lol), as it stands im not sure >_<

Shurayuki

Thanks for Shattered Haven, NeoNess. Looks interesting.

I hope Long Live The Queen is a flash at some point, because there is no way in hell it wins the vote and I've been wanting it since I found out about it--I loved me some Princess Maker. The demo also does a good job of whetting your appetite for court intrigue and...dance classes.

Since it will easily be overlooked in this whirlwind of posts, it may be worth repeating.

You can buy Long Live the Queen from Hanako directly. It's 5.95$ 4.98$ (the frontpage price is wrong, if you click on it it will show the discount).

Then you can claim your Steam key from this page.

So I'm waiting for steam to save 10cents but yeah nobody should be without a Queen after today!

Happy Holidays!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mirror's Edge -- MB-6399A75F3FAA449F - Taken by ChaoticEko. 5 entrants total.

t1387928093z1.png

ChaoticEko

Neo Member

Gazoinks

State of Decay seems pretty good so far. Like The Sims (maybe Animal Crossing would be more apt) + Day Z. xD Scratches the itch for a zombie survival game that's actually about survival. RoTT isn't done downloading yet, but if it finished before the flash sale ends, I'll post my impressions.

Shit, I liked it enough to re-buy it at the absurd price at launch. $10 is a steal for how good Revelaitons is, especially with those beautiful (patched) m/kb controls. Worlds of improvement of the dinky circle pad.

Oh it's on my wishlist but after playing it to death on the 3DS and with my desire to reduce my Steam backlog it's going to have to wait for me I'm afraid :).

Volimar

I gotta say this thread has filled me with more holiday spirit than a month of Christmas music and decorations. Good on ya GAF.

hohoXD123

This feels train will be departing in 3 hours. There is currently one free seat available, will you be the lucky person to get it?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

To The Moon -- MB-B791AE4B7A906C14

t1387938400z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom