• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miker

Btw, for anybody who bought Revengeance from GameFly - I sent an email to customer service asking if there's a way to retrieve the activation key ahead of time to pre-load. I'll let you know what they say, although I'd bet loads'a'money that it'll be either "No" or something that has nothing to do with my request.

Copons

Ah okay so the games listed in that FAQ are separate cards?

Uh, no, you got that wrong.

When you craft a Snow Globe badge you obtain one of those items.

So: you have to get N snow globe cards (don't remember exactly how many) to craft 1 snow globe badge to obtain 1 of those items.

Then you can craft infinite snow globe badges to get other items.

Platy

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Congrats on the giveaway

Not interested in the games ... but this is a strange giveaway rule.
Strange and almost funny considering it comes from a Junior Member xD

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Congrats on the giveaway

Not interested in the games ... but this is a strange giveaway rule.
Strange and almost funny considering it comes from a Junior Member xD

Lurker and Junior aren't the same thing, Lurker status means you've posted at least five times in the current or last Steam topic.

Jørdan

ARSTOTZKA ADMISSION RESULTS

APPROVED:
Jørdan, who also provided fingerprints. Well, 4 of them, at least. Also 2003-GOTY seems like a legit passport number from the country of Morrowind.

I'm amazed I was admitted into glorious SteamGAFistan, thank you very much! I enjoyed immensely the free beta and have been eagerly anticipating playing the full version. I voted the game 5th place in the SteamGAF GOTY awards based on how engaging the game is even in beta. Thank you for the wonderful contest.

komorebi

Btw, for anybody who bought Revengeance from GameFly - I sent an email to customer service asking if there's a way to retrieve the activation key ahead of time to pre-load. I'll let you know what they say, although I'd bet loads'a'money that it'll be either "No" or something that has nothing to do with my request.

Thanks, I was actually curious about whether I'd get a key immediately.

gabbo

So, I want to get it out of the way before it goes on sale (if it does), but the Arma3 single player, has anyone around here had any experience with it yet? I'm not huge on the multiplayer, so I thought I'd ask before diving in now that the single player uh... episodes are starting to come out.

Green man gaming site is really hard to look for deals. I have to choose indie, then browse the page of pictures and prices to see if any indie games are on sale, and so on for other publishers..

TheMadMan

Banned
Man, this sale couldn't have come at a worst time. My steam account got hijacked yesterday. I setup a steam support account and I put in a ticket but it's been over a day and a half and I haven't gotten any response.

Does anyone know if I can just create a new account and buy games on that new account and then gift those games and give them to myself if steam is able to get my account back?

So, I want to get it out of the way before it goes on sale (if it does), but the Arma3 single player, has anyone around here had any experience with it yet? I'm not huge on the multiplayer, so I thought I'd ask before diving in now that the single player uh... episodes are starting to come out.

I heard the single player is great so far, I played the first part of the mission but wanted to hold out until its fully released. I think the next episode is the end of next month but from what little I played its great.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

REVENGE OF THE TITANS SANDBOX MODE whatever that is -- MB-8AAB6FD9928B7A7D - Taken by HalfwayOrb
REVENGE OF THE TITANS -- MB-7CF9B79951CF9759 - Taken by AsylumX

Happy Mercenary Day, Vault Hunters!

Man, this sale couldn't have come at a worst time. My steam account got hijacked yesterday. I setup a steam support account and I put in a ticket but it's been over a day and a half and I haven't gotten any response.

Does anyone know if I can just create a new account and buy games on that new account and then gift those games and give them to myself if steam is able to get my account back?
Why not just leave them in your inventory until you get your account back? Then gift it to yourself.

Arkanius

I hope everyone votes for Shadowrun
It's the only right choice.

Second time I was about to buy Dishonored GOTY and stopped. Something tells me I should buy it, but from other side, I don't see that much "special" everyone sees on it

Jørdan

That's awful, I hope you get it sorted out quickly. Steam support can take a few days minimum to get any form of response, typically automated initially. Not sure how it works with hijacked accounts though, would hope that would be quicker. I would think creating a new account and saving the games as gifts to you new accounts inventory to gift to yourself later would work ok.

Copons

Uh, wow, I didn't notice that this time too Valve pulled the reversed shenanigan at the bottom of the homepage, showing (for us northern master race of course) an upside down snow globe with a beach and stuff. Very cool, but also fuck you Gaben I'm freezing here.

gabbo

I heard the single player is great so far, I played the first part of the mission but wanted to hold out until its fully released. I think the next episode is the end of next month but from what little I played its great.
I'm kind of in the same boat, since the alpha drew me in, and I loved (but sucked at) 2. Hmm... will depend on the price I guess

Bought MGR. Might pick up DmC and Rust if they are discounted enough. Problem with steam sales is that after about 2 of them, you pretty much have nothing left to buy that may interest you.

MGR seems to be selling well for something 3 weeks away. It's been in the top 3 on steam all day and i've seen lots of people saying they got it from amazon.

Hopefully Platinum is impressed and gives us more.

Indeed. If we can get Vanquish and maybe Bayonetta? Holy schinkes, what luck!

maneil99

You could yea, I think you may need a minimum amount of games to do so. let me know if you need help, I have a little bit of funds left. PM me

Dusk Golem

As a thank you for some recent giveaways from everyone, I have a small giveaway for you guys. I will have a cooler, more horror-centric giveaway closer to the end of December as I don't really get money until then, but hope you guys enjoy the games here~

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-4364ECAAA7B0B400 - Taken by hohoXD123. 6 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

EYE Divine Cybermancy -- MB-6F5D4D8DEC6B6FBC - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 7 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Rise of Triad Pre-Order with Apogee Throwback Pack -- MB-FA8A059F90BA133D - Taken by bobnowhere. 19 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Damned -- MB-72A510B54D7E2EA7 - Taken by alr1ght. 7 entrants total.

t1387498505z1.png

maneil99

As a thank you for some recent giveaways from everyone, I have a small giveaway for you guys. I will have a cooler, more horror-centric giveaway closer to the end of December as I don't really get money until then, but hope you guys enjoy the games here~

Nothing small about that ( That's what she said! )

Dusk Golem

Nothing small about that ( That's what she said! )

Well, by small I meant these were just things I had sitting in my inventory I decided would be nice to give back for generosity from others. I plan to do a more planned giveaway towards the end of the month.

TheMadMan

Banned
You could yea, I think you may need a minimum amount of games to do so. let me know if you need help, I have a little bit of funds left. PM me

Thanks, Yeah, I'm just creating a new account and gifting everything. It just sucks because I really want to play these new games, but I'd rather have them all under my one original account. Plus I can't even play the 235 games that I have on my original account till it gets sorted out :( oh well. This season really is about giving anyway, so I shouldn't be too upset. Maybe that hacker can have some fun with my games till he gets his own account or something. Merry Steam Sale to everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom