• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

maneil99

$50 down day one.

UiaK1sP.gif

Think of it like this : 5 cards in one day

Sad I didn't get the BioShock Infinite Season Pass while it was mispriced, but already picking up some deals. I'm sure it's already been pointed out, but in addition to the original Dead Island, Riptide is on sale too, along with the DLC.

I'm kind of in the same boat, since the alpha drew me in, and I loved (but sucked at) 2. Hmm... will depend on the price I guess

I say just go for it if it's at a decent price because the entire single player would most likely already be released the next time it goes on sale

Carm

Figured out why I didn't get a snow globe, I had thought the red text on the bottom was something to do with MGR not being released yet, so didn't read it. You don't get a snow globe card for buying MGR, so I was a penny off when I bought the batman : AO season pass. Really dumb to exclude that.

Turfster

Jørdan;94191775 said:
That's a good point, I'm not sure about the games in account requirement but there will probably be a 2 week trade ban on the new account.

You also need to have actually bought a game with the account on steam, not just added a key to it.

maneil99

Well, by small I meant these were just things I had sitting in my inventory I decided would be nice to give back for generosity from others. I plan to do a more planned giveaway towards the end of the month.

I entered for rise of triad, just searched up the damned, I need to buy that game at some point now, is it playable?

RS4-

Figured out why I didn't get a snow globe, I had thought the red text on the bottom was something to do with MGR not being released yet, so didn't read it. You don't get a snow globe card for buying MGR, so I was a penny off when I bought the batman : AO season pass. Really dumb to exclude that.

I honestly don't remember if buying something in the market counts towards it. You could try buying one of those .03c backgrounds.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Hey, does anyone know if Deus Ex multiplayer can be streamed so that you can have like a tournament, but people not playing the game can watch too? This is really important. Like the most important thing that's happened in my life so far. I need to know badly.

Chojka

As a thank you for some recent giveaways from everyone, I have a small giveaway for you guys. I will have a cooler, more horror-centric giveaway closer to the end of December as I don't really get money until then, but hope you guys enjoy the games here~

Absolutely nothing small about that. Thanks for the giveaway!

Vibranium

Banned
Screw it, I went and bought MGRR, I had been humming and hawing despite saying I'd do it but I went through. Now Sega better port Bayonetta and Vanquish to PC.

Oh, you don't actually get a card for it? Thought I had bugged or something lol

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I entered for rise of triad, just searched up the damned, I need to buy that game at some point now, is it playable?

It definitely is, some rough edges but the game updates fairly regularly and can be a lot of fun. The best way to describe it is a more enhanced version of Stop-It Slender, if you've ever played it, but with multiple monsters, stages, and growing mechanics. Its five-player online, 1-4 players play as humans that go around, exploring, collecting keys, opening doors, and trying to find the escape. One player plays as the monster, hunting the other players (there are two so far but both function very differently).

I think there's five stages currently, and I know the last update (think mostly technical fixes) was about a week ago. Can be a lot of fun with randoms, but I personally find it more fun with friends.

RuinKaos

Just about to ask about this then i saw your post. This makes no sense though the cards cost Valve nothing to produce.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ehhh nothing great today. I'm kind of holding out for Starbound, but I have a feeling that's not happening, and if it does it will only be -25%.

Backlogger

I just spent a good chunk of my afternoon completing card sets, crafting badges and selling duplicate cards. Went from level 13 to 20 and got the snow globe badge. I feel so accomplished, yet so nerdy at the same time.

oipic

Lesson learned: my alarm is now set for 5am, and will remain so for the remainder of the sale period. Can't be missing pricing errors due to trivial matters like sleep.

Noogy

Probably will never get around to playing in Co-op. Might give it a miss.

I've mostly played single player and find it quite enjoyable. I never got very far and have heard negative things about the latter half, but I loved what I played.

I strongly recommend a 360 pad, though. Combat felt weak without analogue sticks.

Arthea

wanna sleep so badly

crafted lots of badges, no luck with globes, not only I keep getting the same 3 globes all the time (I had 7th globe something like +10 times now), no foil and items for crafting... nothing to write about.

Jørdan

Can't be missing pricing errors due to trivial matters like sleep.

I'm still not convinced that many of these pricing errors aren't pre-arranged marketing thingies. Shit happens, yet too often and among what I assume is a very small team of individuals responsible for the input.

Leks

Damn it, I wanted to buy the BioShock Infinite Season Pass but it's not at 5€ anymore!

That will teach me to buy instantly when I see a deal.

hohoXD123

As a thank you for some recent giveaways from everyone, I have a small giveaway for you guys. I will have a cooler, more horror-centric giveaway closer to the end of December as I don't really get money until then, but hope you guys enjoy the games here~

Thank you so much for Trine 2!

Zeliard

Kicking myself so hard right now. Slipped up and sold a goddamn snow globe foil for dimes, mistaking it for a regular one. I noticed it as soon as I clicked sell but by then it was far too late :(

That's what I get for being tired and not paying attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom