• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned
Is ACIII worth $7.50? I have an Amazon gift card and am contemplating it.

I liked it a lot. Though it has a lot of (not so great) filler that doesn't really add much. But the main game is pretty great! If you like Assassin's Creed and want more Assassin's Creed, you can't go wrong.

(Some will disagree.)

microtubule

Less than 10 minutes left!

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Space -- MB-36B5A8F42721D537 - Taken by Mollywhopping. 1 entrants total.
Mirror's Edge -- MB-EB1A71EAE5393C3B - Taken by frostshade. 8 entrants total.
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-62A7047085A025C4 - Taken by NoRN. 6 entrants total.
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-F6CE910D3C037999 - Taken by Volimar. 5 entrants total.
Medal of Honor -- MB-684BE749F88649CE - Taken by Krappadizzle. 2 entrants total.
Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box -- MB-2D06CB6E243DBFC7 - Taken by ChaoticEko. 4 entrants total.

t1387944519z1.png

Bundle spares. I really need to delve deeper on my bundle accounts and check with keys are unused, it's really a mess sometimes to handle when you have ten sites and you have bought many bundles some of which share the same games.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Camel Master:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hacker Evolution Duality Inception Part 3 DLC -- MB-FA06E0A814E97BCC - Taken by derExperte
Doc Clock The Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-A88C7D8D5CBD5933 - Taken by Ingueferroque
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem -- MB-101D07F39ECD7BC5 - Taken by NingenJanai
Clutch -- MB-850FF722E10B3327 - Taken by ArynCrinn
Hacker Evolution Duality Inception Part 1 DLC -- MB-9F9686AB13B31A79 - Taken by pantsattack
Death Track Resurrection -- MB-7E5C5D2B65F55F7E - Taken by Haunted
Hacker Evolution Duality Hardcore Package 1 -- MB-08C65D6309258979 - Taken by Eila
Hacker Evolution Duality -- MB-4B42CEE04A1168E9 - Taken by Yozi
Hacker Evolution Duality Inception Part 2 DLC -- MB-B4E9ABCA8DBB1276 - Taken by derExperte
A Valley Without Wind 1 & 2 -- MB-BE9BBD8551090748 - Taken by theMrCravens

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I want AC3 for 7.50 bad (on steam tho) this sale (mostly for completion sake), get on it ubisoft >_<

ArynCrinn

Banned
Really hope Race The Sun and Contrast get sales before it's over too. Even though RTS is brand new, it still totally deserves the extra sales and attention.

Haunted

I voted for Sacrifice before seeing that it was already discounted 75%. It's still a great game after all these years, though.

And what a merry thread this has become. So many generous GAFers!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bundle spares. I really need to delve deeper on my bundle accounts and check with keys are unused, it's really a mess sometimes to handle when you have ten sites and you have bought many bundles some of which share the same games.

What Valve needs to do is have the duplicate key error message have priority over "product already owned" as it'd remove the guesswork out of ascertaining whether or not a key has been used. There is a roundabout method available if you think you yourself may have used the key, though:

Steam -> Change user -> Retrieve account info -> I don't know my account name -> I remember the product code I used

Unlike the product code activation form, however, this form doesn't validate the key (even typing in gibberish results in the "An e-mail has been sent ..." screen), so you'll need to check your inbox each and every time [you] input a code; if you don't get an e-mail, then it hasn't been activated.

Thank you.
Got "A Valley Without Wind" bundle.
Happy Christmas for me!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Amazon sells AC3 for Steam, uf by AC3 you mean Assassin's Creed 3.

Oh that 7,50 one is a steam key? Nice, I'll wait for Steam daily tho, I'm not comfortable with fake addresses on amazon (I'm in Europe), I did I twice and both times I was freaking out expecting the NSA to bust down my door :(

Milamber

Oh that 7,50 one is a steam key? Nice, I'll wait for Steam daily tho, I'm not comfortable with fake addresses on amazon (I'm in Europe), I did I twice and both times I was freaking out expecting the NSA to bust down my door :(

Quite a lot of us make online game code purchases off Amazon and we don't even live in the US. You're fine.

Sajjaja

Yeah because the NSA would spend thousands of dollars to punish you for a $7.50 purchase.

Lain

I'm from Europe as well and I've made so many purchases on Amazon I've lost count, so you should be fine if you ever want to purchase from there again, nothing should really happen to you, but I can understand why you would not do it anymore.

Piano

Banned
Yeah, you can't do anything when you buy a suspicious number of gifts in short succession. I appreciate that it's for your protection, but it doesn't suck any less when you lock yourself out.

You submitted a ticket? Just wait it out, maybe half an hour or so? It's never lasted too long when I got locked out.

Oh I was under the impression it'd be way longer than that. Looks like I'm not locked out any more....
...but now I'm scared to buy any more copies of Super Hexagon for my friends :(

Haunted

Let's be real for a second. Guacamelee is never going to hit a flash/daily, is it? I'm going into denial here.
You missed the 75% off deal on the Humble Store?

If it can happen on the Humble Store, it might happen on Steam as well. There's still more than a week of sales left.

Rhaknar

Yeah because the NSA would spend thousands of dollars to punish you for a $7.50 purchase.

How was it not obvious I was joking, I even used the NSA instead of just saying cops or something

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, Hey. Lets all just calm down and remember the holiday spirit!

Game actually comes via GAFFER gngf123; I'm just creating the giveaway. We're pretty sure the key is unused, but if not, apologies.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Casimir:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Avencast: Rise of the Mage -- MB-C685A784B95CF7DF - Taken by waby. 7 entrants total.

t1387946094z1.png

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Question about DayZ...is it the kind of game that would be possible to map to xpadder for a 360 controller, or is the interface way too fiddly for that? I play MMOs with a 360 controller if that matters...

Coreda

Nice, so far I've picked up Gemini Rue, System Shock 2, and Teleglitch.

I typically only buy games on sale I want, so it's been worthwhile :)

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
It is, I'd bet money on it.
So would I.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Super Hexagon: Completely Standard Version Of The Game Edition -- MB-157D3FE616406A44 - Taken by AsylumX
The preceding was a test. Thank you for your cooperation.

Backlogger

"As a first step in troubleshooting, please retry entering the product key, which you can find in Your Games & Software Library" My problem is that I was given one key instead of four Amazon, not that I can't figure out the complex process of redeeming it, fucking hell. Their support is truly awful.

Sounds like an inept person reading off a support script. Its like when you call your internet provider and they make you reset your modem. Now wait three seconds and plug it back in, etc. etc.

Turfster

I can't thank gimel enough for his Brothers giveaway.
Everyone else that won it, play it to completion or you will be murdered in your bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom