• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick starbound question since I am too lazy to look for thread. What is the blue bar with a bubble that decreases and hurts you when it reaches 0? I want to say it is oxygen but how are you supposed to get air it happens on both planets I went to.

Cheddahz

Banned
It's about Christmas time over here on the east coast of the US of A, so Merry Christmas everyone and I hope everyone is able to enjoy the holidays!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Quick starbound question since I am too lazy to look for thread. What is the blue bar with a bubble that decreases and hurts you when it reaches 0? I want to say it is oxygen but how are you supposed to get air it happens on both planets I went to.

I don't have the game, but isn't that cold?

Put 6 torches around you and see if it goes back up.

rrs

Is Bad Rats the coal of GAF, only the naughty posters get it?

Getting Bad Ratted is a symbol of PRESTIGE and HONOR.

You might be on planets without oxygen.

dani_dc

Is Bad Rats the coal of GAF, only the naughty posters get it?

jCU2FVq.jpg

Everyone's been naughty this year!

Panda Rin

it's when you're running out of oxygen underwater or out in an asteroid field or moon.

Colin.

For future reference, the Sonic Transformed 4-pack from Amazon will only give you one key, and you have to redeem it in order to get the other 3 copies in giftable form. They should really make this more clear on the product page, or activation instructions. It is also the first time I've ever encountered a key that works in such a way.

I don't have the game, but isn't that cold?

Put 6 torches around you and see if it goes back up.

Nah the cold is a red bar below you. It is also really annoying, not sure how to keep warm without putting a campfire down every 10 seconds. Time to farm coal to get to a not annoying planet :(

and merry Christmas to all.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Nah the cold is a red bar below you. It is also really annoying, not sure how to keep warm without putting a campfire down every 10 seconds. Time to farm coal to get to a not annoying planet :(

and merry Christmas to all.

Get a pelt coat thing. I don't know how to make it, but I know it exists.

Can someone help me? I bought Contagion and added it to my account (single purchase, my account).

I'm trying to buy a 4-pack now (5 of them, to be exact), but it won't let me check out. What's happening?

8vVqc4c.jpg

Help, I have X-Mas presents to give out D:

AxeMan

Thanks to the poster who recommended The Last Express over on GOG.

Still hoping for The Raven to get up in the current vote

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Can someone help me? I bought Contagion and added it to my account (single purchase, my account).

I'm trying to buy a 4-pack now (5 of them, to be exact), but it won't let me check out. What's happening?

8vVqc4c.jpg

This is a stupid thing some games do where you can't buy a four-pack if you own it. Some games do this, some don't.

KarmaCow

I kinda regret getting Tomb Raider from that Amazon sale. It was only $5 but the game is basically moving from set piece to set piece where you have little options other than hold forward in some cases. It's also weird that they removed the HUD for what I assume was immersion purposes but also have a ton of "XP UP" messages, about a bagillion different collectibles, and notifications of what you need to do all the time.

I remember during the initial reveal they talked about Lara needing to really explore and hunt to survive but hunting a deer gives you 10xp and minimal "salvage" for upgrading your gun. I'm kinda curious if that initial pitch ever actually existed considering the pseudo-cutscene that was the gameplay reveal.

8vVqc4c.jpg

It's because you bought it. It wants to add one to your account and put 3 gifts in your inventory. Seeing as you already have the game on your account and the game wasn't flagged to just put extras in your inventory, you can't buy it. It's dumb, but that's the way it is.

Wookieomg

welp pulled the trigger on Giana Sisters bundle on Humble Store for 4.99, cheapest it's gonna get on Steam too I wager. Just waiting for Risk of Rain and Guacamelee and this sale will be done for me!

I hope ;_;

drizzle

Axel Hertz

http://i.imgur.com/8vVqc4c.jpg

You can't buy a 4 pack to give out 4 gifts. Your account needs to receive one of the games from the 4 pack (and 3 gifts).

The only way to give out 4 packs is to give out the ENTIRE 4 pack (that person, on redeeming it, will receive one copy of the game on their account and 3 gifts on their inventory), and I'm not even sure if that still works.

Ugh, so annoying because I have to go BACK and it times out on the purchase page so I have to go back to the game store screen and click buy again. Any way to buy it faster? If I log in with my browser is it easier?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just got my mind blown watching the giantbomb day 2 recap video, there is a actual wall to hang your shit in papers please, I was just piling everything on my "desk" :(

Man I love that game

Gazoinks

Can anyone point me towards some good rhythm games?

Sequence! It's super cheap, quite good, and apparently made by a fellow Gaffer.

Really enjoying State of Decay, I guess that'll teach me to put even less stock in the Steam forums. xD Highly recommended if you like survival games or want a zombie game that really feels like a zombie apocalypse, not an opportunity to shoot a bunch of dudes without feeling sorry. I think my affection for the game cemented when I went to pick up some survivors from a house in the middle of the night. I picked em up and we were searching the house, but I wanted to hurry up so I did it quickly and noisily. This drew the attention of a roaming zombie hoard, so we then had to hurriedly barricade the windows and desperately defend the house from an army of zombies and then hightail it out of there. It was awesome. :D

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I kinda regret getting Tomb Raider from that Amazon sale. It was only $5 but the game is basically moving from set piece to set piece where you have little options other than hold forward in some cases. It's also weird that they removed the HUD for what I assume was immersion purposes but also have a ton of "XP UP" messages, about a bagillion different collectibles, and notifications of what you need to do all the time.

I remember during the initial reveal they talked about Lara needing to really explore and hunt to survive but hunting a deer gives you 10xp and minimal "salvage" for upgrading your gun. I'm kinda curious if that initial pitch ever actually existed considering the pseudo-cutscene that was the gameplay reveal.

As you proceed further into the game you will come to realize that the beginning segments were the high points of the entire experience.

Hohoho ! ( it's Searious Sam 3 BFE, messed up while typing )

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cities in Motion 2 -- MB-39616656BA276A98 - Taken by dave is ok
Natural Selection 2 -- MB-CD03AE568DACDFE3 - Taken by Nabs
Serious Sam 2 BFE -- MB-9F99D3DAC0CCA709 - Taken by Coreda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom