• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

Yeah because the NSA would spend thousands of dollars to punish you for a $7.50 purchase.
I know it's sarcasm, but then again I know the government. They would spend billions of dollars. And kick down the wrong door.

Oh I was under the impression it'd be way longer than that. Looks like I'm not locked out any more....
...but now I'm scared to buy any more copies of Super Hexagon for my friends :(
You should be fine if you pace yourself. Should. I've never figured out exactly what triggers the lock.

Coreda

Does anyone know how this IndieGala site works? I paid for a bundle about 10 minutes ago, but haven't yet received an email with the keys.

Tried registering for an account, figuring it may work that way, and it tells me the account already exists...

rrs

Getting ready to give away some games >:3
KkbiAFO.png

Abdozer

Sorry if it's been posted before but does anyone recommend any mods besides the HD textures for System Shock 2? Going to be my first playthrough.

Speaking of Tomb Raider.

I thought I was close to the end but things keep happening.
You know what though? I'm enjoying it. Hell I'm enjoying it more than Uncharted 2(though honestly I didn't care enough to even beat that game).

Sometimes (oftentimes?) TR gets pretty damn stupid though.
MAJOR SPOILERS

Alex running off to get tools to fix the ship. Nowhere else on that entire island could anyone find a freaking screwdriver & wrench? I facepalmed during his big dramatic sacrifice because of how ridiculous the situation is.

Bizazedo

ModBot said:
Instructions for Bizazedo:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Game Name 1- -- MB-ED41565827902270 - Taken by gimel

So I'm an idiot, but that's Super Hexagon as well if anyone wants it. Figured it'd be a good way to learn how the Bot works :).

Does anyone know how this IndieGala site works? I paid for a bundle about 10 minutes ago, but haven't yet received an email with the keys.

Tried registering for an account, figuring it may work that way, and it tells me the account already exists...
I bought the codemasters bundle 3 hours ago and i'm still waiting for the keys, i haven't even got a confirmation email....

I honestly thought i misspelled my email during the order, i'm glad i'm not the only one with this problem lol

komorebi

So I'm an idiot, but that's Super Hexagon as well if anyone wants it. Figured it'd be a good way to learn how the Bot works :).

Thanks man. I thought it was a mystery game so I figured I'd take a chance, then I read closer and saw its Super Hexagon :) Very cool, thanks again.

Well, I figured after all the hard work from my other give away, I'd do something a lot easier. Hopefully I did it right.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FTL -- MB-78F6F6933E16A5BC - Taken by Boom Boom Pow

Who here wants to be murdered in space?

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Thanks man. I thought it was a mystery game so I figured I'd take a chance, then I read closer and saw its Super Hexagon :) Very cool, thanks again.
...Hahaha, I was wondering why Bizazedo's copy of Super Hexagon got snapped up so quickly while mine languishes on the previous page.

Hm. Didn't it forward you to a page containing your bundle keys?

Last I knew you couldn't even log into IndieGala; you just accessed the URL that you were emailed after the keys are purchased. (I also thought it would forward you to that page after purchase, but I could easily be remembering incorrectly as I haven't bought anything from them since October.) Now I see there's some sort of registration too...but I'm not surprised to hear something's gone wrong with it because their site's always been a mess.

...Is there a page that looks like
Code:
http://www.indiegala.com/profile?user_id=longalphanumericstring
in your browser history? If so, go there.
If not, have you tried the key resender?

Turfster

Are you blocking some of the sites scripting with noscript or suchlike? Also, maybe the mail got dropped into your spam folder.
If not, see honorless' reply above.

Someone tell me what to vote for.

Sang froid, eh.

Bizazedo

ModBot said:
Instructions for Bizazedo:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-50DFFB9BFC671276 - Taken by kevin1025
Devil May Cry 4 -- MB-AD1FE688F612BFA7 - Taken by Shalashaska

Okay, now that I know how it works....have fun, kids.

Coreda

Hm. Didn't it forward you to a page containing your bundle keys?

Last I knew you couldn't even log into IndieGala; you just accessed the URL that you were emailed after the keys are purchased. (I also thought it would forward you to that page after purchase, but I could easily be remembering incorrectly as I haven't bought anything from them since October.) Now I see there's some sort of registration too...but I'm not surprised to hear something's gone wrong with it because their site's always been a mess.

...Is there a page that looks like
Code:
http://www.indiegala.com/profile?user_id=longalphanumericstring
in your browser history? If so, go there.
If not, have you tried the key resender?

All I saw was something like 'Thanks for your purchase' and a message about a confirmation email being sent shortly. Haven't received one yet so I've emailed their support.

Nothing in my history with such a URL, either. The fact I have no profile page is dissapointing, too. Their site is indeed a slow mess lol.

Are you blocking some of the sites scripting with noscript or suchlike? Also, maybe the mail got dropped into your spam folder.
If not, see honorless' reply above.

Yea, was using NoScript, however everything else was working fine. Maybe a script was disabled that showed the keys upon completion? Anyway hopefully support gets back to me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sitting here at work feeling gradually sicker and sicker, going to have a lovely cold tomorrow ffs

To keep it somehow on topic, just noticed GMG's sale actually runs longer than steam's, although they are burning through a lot of the biggies fast (today was crazy on GMG with all the capcom stuff, MK, injustice, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom