• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadin

I don't know what everyone else is voting for, but you can't really go wrong voting for any of those games. It's a very solid set of games for the community pick imo.

I've been following the thread since the new community votes went up, and it seems to be pretty evenly split between all three contenders. All three games are good purchases, so pretty much whatever you would enjoy playing. I voted for Sacrifice myself.

My initial instinct when I looked at them was Sacrifice so that's what I'll go with. Thanks guys.

Christmas...meh. Like gaming it was better 10 years ago.

Everything was better 10 years ago...

I was especially fond of when people used real words to express themselves and weren't such jaded assholes. ;)

Merry Christmas to you too. :p

My initial instinct when I looked at them was Sacrifice so that's what I'll go with. Thanks guys.

I went with the Werewolf one. Sacrifice was my second choice.

Echoplx

Apparently the Amazon editors choice games might be made known tomorrow, for anyone else waiting to take advantage of the credit.

From CAG:
Answering this first, EC is gonna come out on 12/26 I hope, we're huddling to get confirmation on as many deals as possible so we have a decent initial list to present. For full transparency, we aren't delaying the list intentionally, I'm of the opinion that we'd be selling more if we had it up right now, we're just really buried and haven't had a chance to flesh it out yet.

Milamber

In the future we watch pre-teen little girls and their mommas strut their stuff on these tiny little windows that show anything we want.

EDIT: How some Americans watch this 'Honey Boo Boo' crap is unbelievable.
EDIT 2: Same for 'Duck Dynasty'.

In the future, we don't need horses. We have motorized carriages called automobiles.

51af8f7040066.png

Khronico

In the future, we don't need horses. We have motorized carriages called automobiles.

Transportation... meh. Like gaming it was better 200 years ago.

In the future we watch pre-teen little girls and their mommas strut their stuff on these tiny little windows that show anything we want.

EDIT: How you Americans watch this 'Honey Boo Boo' crap is unbelievable.
EDIT 2: Same for 'Duck Dynasty'.

If it makes you feel better, I find it reprehensible too.

EDIT: How you americans watch this 'Honey Boo Boo' crap is unbelievable.

If I was going by your metric of assumptions, I'd say no Americans watch it, as I have never seen it and have no intentions on watching it.

Jørdan

Merry Christmas! Happy Wednesday to anyone not celebrating.

Super fucking Hexagon, it was already at 80% for Chri...erm Pete's sake.

rrs

One of these games is Starbound, the other is Bad Rats. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Might be Bad Rats -- MB-0955F49071D3BD8E
I Can't Believe It's Bad Rats -- MB-F18C83770A51BD3E

t1388036948z1.png

Two copies of Rise of the Triad, one is everyone's favorite rat related game. Enjoy! (again)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

NeoGAF's Favorite Game, Bad Rats -- MB-4ED95E45F787B504
I heard you like Bad Rats -- MB-701EDAF93958360B
Hi, I'm Jonny Knoxville and this is Bad Rats -- MB-86D2E6F1253F9F29

t1388038299z1.png

Coldsun

Banned
Surprised more people arn't doing a starbound / badrats random give-away. It really is the perfect 'something everyone would like' and .. well bad rats.

Milamber

One of these games is Starbound, the other is Bad Rats. Enjoy!

If I choose the first one, it is most likely Bad Rats as history shows the worst is always the first. But what if he knew about that and put it first? No wait... he might assume we know about it and put it second. Unless...

Eusis

It does on the website. Not the app.
Not that I see, even with Enhanced Steam.

What I mean is that you say the base price, the current sale price, and the new sale price post-vote if it wins. That way we don't just see "this will be $2.00 after the vote!" but "this is $2.49 now but will be $2.00 after the vote!" It'd probably reroute a good chunk of the "this game will be cheapest!" votes.

I just had a nightmare where the entire storefront was filled with hundreds of 1 minute long flash sales that constantly rolled over like some kind of demented slot machine.

Jawmuncher

I think i'm going to buy myself long live the queen as a Christmas present to myself.
Didn't get any gifts to open today due to mail issues out here.

maneil99

Anyone down for a damned 4 pack? Might be able to get it for even cheaper if i figure how to gift 4 packs from russia. I need 1-2 copies for myself and possibly a friend. The game is a 5 player co op horror game. One person is a monster. No weapons at all.

Infinity

Merry Christmas my SteamGAF brethren!

Let us continue our time-honored tradition of collecting games that we will never get around to playing.

/raises glass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom