• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Demonicon is one of the best worst game I've played in a while. Holy fuck is it nuts. When a game upfront goes for a sister-incest plot and gives you a Mass Effect-style dialog wheel with the options "Flirt" and "Beef" you know you're playing something special.

Also, I managed to get a foil card from it and I am the first person to do so according to Steam. I put it up for $5. Is that too much? Too little?

Hnghhhh....

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what IS the dark eye, and why are there so many games about it all of a sudden?

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Also, the main character is a complete bi-polar arsehole. Not a "choose the Renegade option to be a dick" type of character but a even when helping plague-ridden dying peasants you ensure everyone knows how much of an inconvenience anything is that interrupts your quest to deflower your sister.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It appears to be a generic fantasy tabletop RPG. Lots of games, though: Realms of Arkania, Drakensang, Blackguards, Incest Quest, etc.

Blackguards is a dark eye game too? o_O

Caerith

Also, the main character is a complete bi-polar arsehole. Not a "choose the Renegade option to be a dick" type of character but a even when helping plague-ridden dying peasants you ensure everyone knows how much of an inconvenience anything is that interrupts your quest to deflower your sister.
Arsehole in a good way or a bad way? (Like, the main character in Risen is a total dick but in a good way.)

Blackguards is a dark eye game too? o_O

So says wikipedia, yeah.

You don't actually play games, you collect them.

Nice tag. Never even noticed it before now.

Rhaknar

you know, I dont say "THESE DEALS ARE TERRIBLE VALVE HAS LOST IT" or some similar things, because I still think in general we just have a lot more games these days compared to the first few sales so of course the novelty wears off, but when they pull shit like for example, FF8 being a flash deal, when it was already discounted during the FF7 daily, kinda peeves me.

Unless of course this is just them repeating the FF7 deal as a flash, and just decided to showcase the other game this time (FF7 is on sale for 66% again btw), if so, thats ok (ok according to the daily / flash repeats system theyve had for the last few sales, but thats another issue).

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Arsehole in a good way or a bad way? (Like, the main character in Risen is a total dick but in a good way.)

In a hilariously non-sensical way. He'll also get REALLY ANGRY FOR NO REASON in the middle of a conversation.

My wife is loving watching me play this. It really is a car-crash.

Ricker

Not sure if I played the third in the Penny Arcade series lol...I know I played the first 2 but didn't they change developpers for 3 and 4 to the Zeboyd guys..I don't think I played 3 then and I want 4.

FloatOn

happy holidays steamgaf.

I just put on a pot of coffee and before long I'll head over to my parents house with my wife for xmas breakfast and gift giving. I probably won't be around much today but I hope the sales today are not as lackluster as they have been lately.

If you are traveling today be careful out there

VoidZero

Banned
What is the difference between "PC download" and "Instant Access" when buying PC games from Amazon? NFS Rivals for example has both options to pick from.
Instant access adds the game to origin automatically. With PC Download you get the key and you add it yourself.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Card number #3 continues to elude me while Valve continues to flood me with card #8.

WHY.jpg

Tesseract

Banned
merry christmas

h9kRObA.gif

Rhaknar

rewatching the State of Decay quicklook to see if I can convince myself to buy it, forgot how good the QL is, game looks so janky but awesome

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Craft Badge GET!

Badge Crafted

Snow Globe 2013
XP 100 Wed Dec 25 2013 08:34:13 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Holiday Sale 2013

Path of Exile Item
Turquoise Imp Mask
Common Holiday Sale 2013 Item

Background
Holiday Sale 2013 - Assassins Creed IV

Emoticon
:cgpout:
Tradable

And I didn't pay anything for it! (Outside of Steam games I wanted and got dupes) Had to trade.

Hoorah!

Thanks to the two juniors and the member for helping me out. Oh and Yeef<3. ;)

Lain

Demonicon is one of the best worst game I've played in a while. Holy fuck is it nuts. When a game upfront goes for a sister-incest plot and gives you a Mass Effect-style dialog wheel with the options "Flirt" and "Beef" you know you're playing something special.

Also, I managed to get a foil card from it and I am the first person to do so according to Steam. I put it up for $5. Is that too much? Too little?

I could get the game from GMG for 15.99€. Decisions decisions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom