• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xhorder

How is Metro: Last Light? Debating grabbing it on Amazon.

It's pretty good. Started it yesterday after I figured I had to turn off PhysX to get a proper framerate with my ATI card. It looks beautiful and plays pretty good as well. Nice atmosphere and I love the world they build. It's a must have for any price lower than 10 (I think it usually is during the sales right now).

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Happy 'lets order sushi' day!
Jealous. My in-laws actually do big extended-family celebrations for Christmas so now I'm getting dragged around. Visiting them is nice, but man...dinner last night was ~100% baked (23% meat, 75% sweets, 2% other) and the only vegetables were in gloopy casserole form. I'm expecting similar from the other in-laws tonight. Something super fresh like sushi would be rad...

I have a #3 and can't sell anymore anything without giving the US Government my info. Want it? steamcommunity.com/id/fawku/ You can just have it.
Your profiles say Canada, so tell Valve you don't live in the US and you'll be left alone.
If you've faked it in the past to buy items from the US store, you'll have to fill out some kind of form. I don't know what it all entails (because I do live in the US) but a bunch of people have already done it. Ask a non-US regular.

Waku

Gucamelee is so awesome. I am usually not that interessted in mastering combo systems in these kind of games, just enough to get by, but man the combat here is so satisfying with just the right amount of challenge.

After an Hour trying to have a go at Javier Jaguar finally beating him you just feel

265.gif

like a god.

MisterM

What's a decent driving game on Steam with a) active online, and b) arcade/sim mix ala GRID/GRID 2?

I'd like to know too. All I can think of is Assetto Corsa which is very sim or F1 2013. I picked up Trackmania Stadium2 which is fun but its definitely arcadey.

I suppose there's the Dirt series but I don't know how active online is these days.

Wensih

Botanicula_video_game_cover.jpg

If you guys have not bought it yet, buy it! It's an amazing point and click with beautiful art and jovial music. It's also $3.49. One of my favorite games I played this year back in January.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
asked this last night but I guess there was no Injustice fans around, ill try again. Anyone knows if Injustice has a meaty story mode like MK did? With proper cutscenes and shit (and hopefully as long as the MK one)?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Pretty sure thats the cheapest since it was a flash sale rwcently.

it was NOT a flash deal, it was a vote and it lost. If it had won, it would have been cheaper than the amazon price (the vote was for 70% off). most of us, including myself, are waiting for it to pop as a daily, as its quite popular and it probably will

rrs

my sister got me a $20 gift card guys!!! what do i buy so many choices or do i wait or what oh man the pressure

Wait for dailies or flash sales.

lol, funniest give away ever!

I'd do more but I'm going to run out of usable e-mail addresses to get links from.

Well, I managed to sell a snow globe foil card for $2.25 this morning, so I now have $5 in my account

You can buy 10 copies of Bad Rats with that!

Zaphod

rewatching the State of Decay quicklook to see if I can convince myself to buy it, forgot how good the QL is, game looks so janky but awesome

If you have a good PC it's not Janky at all. It runs great on my 6950 with most of the settings maxed out.

Midn1ght

If you guys have not bought it yet, buy it! It's an amazing point and click with beautiful art and jovial music. It's also $3.49. One of my favorite games I played this year back in January.

Amanita's games are all fantastic, Machinarium is probably in my top 10 game of all time, I just love the world they created, hope they'll do a second episode. Samorost 3 should come up this year.

Derrick01

Banned
I got a $50 amazon gift card and I still can't bring myself to buy Metro. I don't know why that game seems so appealing and unappealing at the same time.

Archie said:
Castle of Illusion is a whopping 80 minutes long.

The thing that most people forget about really old games. When they're not being programmed to screw you out of quarters they're only 2 hours long.

MiKeD

Banned
So I fucked up and instead of giving away a copy of Hexagon through ModBot, I'm gonna have to do it through mail. First one to PM me with their email address gets the game, I guess.

Asked this a little ealier, but it seems my post wasn't noticed :p
So, again, if you guys want to help me:
Deadpool is 9,99 on amazon. Worth it?

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Speaking of card trading: I'm looking to swap some snowglobes around.

Have #3, #7
Want #5, 10

(This isn't actually for me, if you're wondering; the other half would like the badge but isn't so keen on hunting down card trading partners, so I offered to help him out.)

done~ mr. honorless says thank you.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I always thought the Mickey Mouse games were one of the weaker Disney 8-16bit games

Castle of Illusion was the first Genesis game I played so I got it for nostalgia.

The remake was actually pretty good! I'll get 100%, but I thought it was still funny that it was so short.

hohoXD123

Think we already got a few opinions on that:

I liked it.. it helps to be a fan of Deadpool and 4th wall humor.

It can get repetitive for some.. some said the combat system was excellent.

Deadpool is trash.

I hated it, but that is just me. If you take my advice take your 10$ elsewhere

Wensih

Amanita's games are all fantastic, Machinarium is probably in my top 10 game of all time, I just love the world they created, hope they'll do a second episode. Samorost 3 should come up this year.

I liked the art of Machinarium a lot. If you like the artstyle you should check out this movie, Fantastic Planet. It reminds me a lot of Machinarium in the art (both animated by Czech studios). I thought Botanicula was a better game though, Machinarium could get a little strict on what you had to click at time.

Seanspeed

Banned
I got a $50 amazon gift card and I still can't bring myself to buy Metro. I don't know why that game seems so appealing and unappealing at the same time.
Its a video game. You wont like it.

Actually, its very much a AAA video game style - gameplay is mediocre, game is linear. Generic shooter with a somewhat interesting/creepy setting and sometimes pretty visuals. You wont like it.

kennah

Your profiles say Canada, so tell Valve you don't live in the US and you'll be left alone.
If you've faked it in the past to buy items from the US store, you'll have to fill out some kind of form. I don't know what it all entails (because I do live in the US) but a bunch of people have already done it. Ask a non-US regular.

That's what I thought but even I try to do that it still asks for all my info (with Canada in the country and everything). Not a huge deal I can wait a week and/or get the badge

Rhaknar

i finished it, its...ok? Well, Its ok if youre a Deadpool / Marvel fan, probably not so much if you dont care about comics. As a game, without the Marvelness of it, its pretty mediocre. I enjoyed it, but I'm a huge Marvel nerd, and a X-Men fanboy, which helps because the game is basically X-Men story just with Deadpool as the main character.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Speaking of card trading: I'm looking to swap some snowglobes around.

Have #3, #7
Want #5, 10
Let's make a trade.

(This isn't actually for me, if you're wondering; the other half would like the badge but isn't so keen on hunting down card trading partners, so I offered to help him out.)

I can give you 5. I don't need anything in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom