• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably will do that. still have to finish RE6, and having another RE would just add to the backlog.

Worth it to me! Heard the game was haha funny, just the kind of games I enjoy.
so you didn't play it? :p

i finished it, its...ok? Well, Its ok if youre a Deadpool / Marvel fan, probably not so much if you dont care about comics. As a game, without the Marvelness of it, its pretty mediocre. I enjoyed it, but I'm a huge Marvel nerd, and a X-Men fanboy, which helps because the game is basically X-Men story just with Deadpool as the main character.
I wouldn't exactly say I'm a DC guy, as i read any good comic people reccomend, but i do like the DC characters more. Well, in the end, it's a game, and it seems really repetitive. Thanks for the opinion!

Drakhyrr

Has anyone played the ARMA 2 campaigns with keyboard and mouse? The game has a lot of vehicles, I don't have a joystick and they're quite hard to find in my country (and also very expensive).

Is the game still alright that way?

redfirm

Banned
It's a piece of shit that's why.

Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

Tizoc

Brothers is only 3hrs long so I have a hard time paying even $6 for it.

Still worth it for $6.

The thing that most people forget about really old games. When they're not being programmed to screw you out of quarters they're only 2 hours long.

Pretty much.
I got CoI for $15 and it was worth every cent.
...but damn is the final boss' last attack a pain even though virtually it is easy to dodge it.

Asked this a little ealier, but it seems my post wasn't noticed :p
So, again, if you guys want to help me:
Deadpool is 9,99 on amazon. Worth it?

It's more style over substence, the gameplay is OK, but what makes it stand out is the humor. If you're a Deadpool fan you're gonna love it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
>>Escalated Quickly.jpg<<

He ain't wrong though. F1 '13 is pretty buggy.

Does anyone know why Resident Evil 5 went from being on sale for $5 (if i remember correctly) back up to $20? The rest of the titles are on sale still.

Daily or something screwing up. Some of the titles on my wishlist like Alpha Protocol have dropped off the sale.

Has anyone played the ARMA 2 campaigns with keyboard and mouse? The game has a lot of vehicles, I don't have a joystick and they're quite hard to find in my country (and also very expensive).

Is the game still alright that way?
Does anyone play ARMA with controllers?

Fracas

#fuckonami
I got a $50 amazon gift card and I still can't bring myself to buy Metro. I don't know why that game seems so appealing and unappealing at the same time.

If you're referring to Last Light - It's good but it feels like a more "mainstream" Metro, for lack of a better description. More scripted events, explosions, etc. It does have more of a story than 2033 and the atmosphere is there, for whatever it's worth.

Phinor

Castlevania: LoS is somewhat interesting so far. Never played a Castlevania game before (either 2D/sidescroller or 3D), nor do I really play games like this. But then I met the first Titan. Blah. Just made me realize how much more I enjoy the (relative) freedom of Dark/Demon's Souls. Sure, some bosses have gimmicks and such but there's hardly any boss that is 100% linear and if you deviate for a second, you are dead or the boss script stops working.

For example I tried avoiding the hits from this titan by running around him either left or right. Well going left he kept rotating forever, never doing anything. Going right he tried to attack every once in a while but never finished the attack, and again just kept rotating around forever. I had to let him attack and only then do react to the attack, otherwise he'd never do anything.

After that titan it's been quite enjoyable again. I'm terrible with the combat but that's nothing new. I hear the game is pretty lengthy so not sure if I'll finish it but right now I would recommend it considering the price (around $7.2/5.3€ at Nuuvem etc.)

Am i too late? I think yesterday i stumbled upon a post which said something about a cheap Valve Pack (half-life 2+episodes, left 4 dead series, portal etc etc) for like 10 bucks. Was this on Amazon? Can't seem to find it..

Deadbeat

Banned
If you're referring to Last Light - It's good but it feels like a more "mainstream" Metro, for lack of a better description. More scripted events, explosions, etc. It does have more of a story than 2033 and the atmosphere is there, for whatever it's worth.
They went to the opposite end of the spectrum with last light. Instead of stealth not working most of the time, now its retardedly overpowered. Characters personalities changed. Remember the dude that used to always crack jokes? Hes a giant prick now. They rewrote the characters to suit the trope of the people in charge being to stupid to see the truth that killing the dark ones was "bad". Ammo is even more plentiful. You are never at risk with the stupid gas mask anymore. In ranger mode they turned off all of the ui, including the prompts for the shitty QTEs so you dont even know if a QTE is happening. /slowclap

The devs/publisher stated they are going forward in this direction of game design so im hopping off the train. Good luck with the cod clone guys. Im out.

Watevaman

Thinking of picking up Gunslinger from Amazon. Enjoyed the demo.

And in that vein, I looked into Blood Dragon again but nothing's clicking. Think I'll skip it.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Castlevania: LoS is somewhat interesting so far. Never played a Castlevania game before (either 2D/sidescroller or 3D), nor do I really play games like this. But then I met the first Titan. Blah. Just made me realize how much more I enjoy the (relative) freedom of Dark/Demon's Souls. Sure, some bosses have gimmicks and such but there's hardly any boss that is 100% linear and if you deviate for a second, you are dead or the boss script stops working.

For example I tried avoiding the hits from this titan by running around him either left or right. Well going left he kept rotating forever, never doing anything. Going right he tried to attack every once in a while but never finished the attack, and again just kept rotating around forever. I had to let him attack and only then do react to the attack, otherwise he'd never do anything.

After that titan it's been quite enjoyable again. I'm terrible with the combat but that's nothing new. I hear the game is pretty lengthy so not sure if I'll finish it but right now I would recommend it considering the price (around $7.2/5.3€ at Nuuvem etc.)

The Titans are the nadir of the game's design. Truly awful stuff. Once you make it past the first one the game improves fairly steadily, though it's still got plenty of issues.

Volcynika

Am i too late? I think yesterday i stumbled upon a post which said something about a cheap Valve Pack (half-life 2+episodes, left 4 dead series, portal etc etc) for like 10 bucks. Was this on Amazon? Can't seem to find it..

I heard it was $20 on GMG with a coupon code, didn't hear anything about it being $10.

Asked this a little ealier, but it seems my post wasn't noticed :p
So, again, if you guys want to help me:
Deadpool is 9,99 on amazon. Worth it?

There's also the Jasec school of thought which says buy everything but especially if it's a licensed property. There's every chance that Activision will lose the license at some point and/or not bother to renew it. Which means it might get pulled from sale completely. If you're even half interested in the game, might as well get it now. It's difficult to see the price going lower than this for a long time, if ever.

Shepard

Too expensive. :p
So can anyone convince me that Castlevania: LoS is NOT a GoW clone?

Well, I wish it was a direct clone of GoW, but CLoS has a bit more focus on the puzzles and platforming, and that's one of the most frustrating things about the game. Sometimes you just want to kill monsters but first you have to either survive through the shitty platforming sections or solve some boring ass long puzzle. The combat is pretty good and, unlike GoW, you cant just spam crowd controlling moves and expect to live, you really have to master all the techniques if you dont want to rely only on your basic attacks. Dont get me wrong, its a great game and I still loved playing through it, but there are some major flaws there.

There's also the Jasec school of thought which says buy everything but especially if it's a licensed property. There's every chance that Activision will lose the license at some point and/or not bother to renew it. Which means it might get pulled from sale completely. If you're even half interested in the game, might as well get it now. It's difficult to see the price going lower than this for a long time, if ever.
that's a good argument, actually. guess i'll get DmC and Deadpool then. will wait for the daily deals on steam and decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom