• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

That Prey

lDFzUPx.png

Dr Dogg

This should be an automated reply by Modbot when the phrase "should I bite?" and such for games not on daily/flash are posted.

Someone needs to make a gif of the What scene in Pulp Fiction with Samuel L Jackson subbed as saying "I double dare you to ask me should I buy this deal again".

FloatOn

Starbound is worth 4x the asking price. It's going to be the game that keeps on giving.

You can lose hundreds of hours in it.

DasFool

Here's a few freebies, good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Toki Tori -- MB-B2AF11562AAEE10D - Taken by UncleO. 4 entrants total.
EDGE -- MB-16FFF98352B31147 - Taken by nightstorm. 3 entrants total.

t1387518845z1.png

The_Monk

Dead Island

Yay or Nay?

Help me out..

It really depends on tastes. I actually thought it had some fun times. Finished on the console and will check on PC since I got it in a bundle some time ago, I believe.

If you like Zombies and loot it might be for you. Co-op is also fun but I have no idea how active or supportive the community is on PC. I strongly suggest you to go mostly melee since it seems they made the game almost for that sort of gameplay. I say, if you are going to play it now and the price is okay for your wallet, go for it. If not, well there's always the next sale for that game.

UncleO

Nay! Interesting premise, crappy game.

My plan to grab cheap cards during the sale to finish some badges is crumbling, prices are only going up. I guess the strategy from here on out will be to buy cards during the smaller sales and keep them for the two big ones.

Yay, the first few hours are solid.

I would say yay if you have friends to play it with.

Game is straight up doo doo. Stay away.

Thanks
I dont really have friends to play with so guess ill pass.

Radio

The Stanley Parable has the best achievements.

Achievement: This is an achievement.
Go Outside: Don't play The Stanley Parable for five years.
Unachievable: It is impossible to get this achievement.
Commitment: Play The Stanley Parable for the entire duration of a Tuesday.

Derrick01

Banned
is that rocetterre game any good?. The rpg

It was ok I guess but it's really kind of a simple game on both fronts, the dungeon stuff and the business stuff. But I'm the kind of insane person who is into simulators so pretty much nothing that delves into those elements except the simulators themselves are going to impress me.

Parsnip

By the way, I canceled my MGR pre-order (18.75€), got a refund, and bought it again at the new lower price (13.39€). They got back to me pretty fast too. For some reason I was under the impression that Steam Support is slow?

KuroNeeko

is that rocetterre game any good?. The rpg

It's a decent game. You're a young girl struggling to pay off your father's debts. You do this by managing a store. How you run the store (presentation, pricing, stock) is completely up to you. You sell to a wide range of people from simple townsfolk to adventurers. Beefing up adventurers benefits you in that you can take those adventurers into dungeons to look for more loot (to sell or upgrade your adventurers.) However, you need to make sure that you have enough gold to make your payments on your debt which is collected at regular time intervals.

It's fun, though the overly-bubbly, cute atmosphere of the game may turn you off. The localization is "fair" but at a $5 price tag, I'd say it's worth it, especially if you're into Atelier-type games.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Dead Island

Yay or Nay?

Help me out..

It is an AMAZING game with co-op.

Two things.

1. Seriously, play it in Co-op
2. Play it with a controller and in settings, set the combat to "Analog." It changes the combat from mediocre to FANTASTIC.

The control you have over the combat and the way enemies flesh tears and bones breaks is really stellar.

Lain

Apparently not in this case. I bought the bundle (already owning Toki Tori 2+) and I didn't get an extra copy. Too bad, wanted to give it away.

I got extra copies for Edge and Toki Tori, which I already owned. Don't know if I already had Rush though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom