• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
IaYVSd0l.png

indiana_Jones_nazi_face_melt_by_iwanttorentawombat.gif

That is freezing!

Edit: Though it was 23 degrees a week ago where I am.

Lunzio

Obviously a tall order, but what indies should I be looking out for this year?

For example, just bought Electronic and that game is DOPE. Looking to play that low price (sub $5-10), high quality indie itch this year.

Link Man

Banned
Well, got the Two Tribes bundle simply for Toki Tori 2+. Can't understand why it's cheaper in the bundle than just the individual game, but I'll take it.

denx

Well of course I missed the closing of the 2013 Steam thread. Didn't even got to say my goodbyes. :(

Things are going good so far, no damage yet. Hope it stays that way for some time.

edit: eh, about the above discussion, I live in South America and the heat is killing me. Really I hate super warm temperatures.

Too much coffee...! But I love some coffee in the cold Winter. By the way, you are from the north, I believe? I really miss some Broa-de-milho from there.
Cold Winter is the game I just finished a couple of hours ago on my PS2 :p
And yes, i'm from the north, however I'm now living in Lisbon... I miss a lot of the northern food too.... but come on let's not "off-topic" more ;)

Grief.exe

For example, just bought Electronic and that game is DOPE. Looking to play that low price (sub $5-10), high quality indie itch this year.

Papers, Please
Dust
Guacamelee
SteamWorld Dig
Gone Home
Stanley Parable
Don't Starve (On daily deal now, but hidden)
Spelunky
Volgarr
Rogue Legacy
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

bonesquad

I go to school in Wisconsin.

We were getting sub -5 degree weather at night.

I wanted to actually die rather than go outside.

I live in WI and the weather here so far has sucked even for a WI December. Way too cold. I fear what January will bring.

HOLY SHIT

THAT'S WHERE I LIVE

This is weird....

Yeah, my parents still live there. I haven't been back there in 6 years or so. I lived there from about the age of 8-16.

Back OT:

Really disappointing to see that Shadowrun Returns did not make the vote. I'm sure it'll come up again or be a daily at some point.

So good to be addicted to Hotline Miami again. The mix of of ultra violence and fast-paced skill-based gameplay is insanely compelling. I got it when it released on PSN, but I never finished and now I rarely use my PS3. And yes, KB/M is huge improvement over controller

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I live in WI and the weather here so far has sucked even for a WI December. Way too cold. I fear what January will bring.

And it was so warm for so long! I went back home to Illinois for winter break on December 13th and I came so close to avoiding those Wisconsin colds and then it bit me in the ass for finals week!

So I have never used SAM before. I only want to use it for card idling.

Is there really no way to queue stuff up?

Like play this game for 2 hours, then switch to this one for 2 hours.

Miguel81

So good to be addicted to Hotline Miami again. The mix of of ultra violence and fast-paced skill-based gameplay is insanely compelling. I got it when it released on PSN, but I never finished and now I rarely use my PS3. And yes, KB/M is huge improvement over controller

I keep replaying the Miami Disco level. That track is mesmerizing.

FloatOn

Terraria
Cargo Commander
Reus
FTL
Bastion
Mark of the Ninja
Don't Starve
Hotline Miami
Rock of Ages

Etc

Caerith

So I have never used SAM before. I only want to use it for card idling.

Is there really no way to queue stuff up?

Like play this game for 2 hours, then switch to this one for 2 hours.
There's some way to idle in multiple games without actually launching said games without using SAM. I don't know it off the top of my head but if JaseC is up he'll probably tell you.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
OLXoVFZ.png

we have reached supernova

It's okay, I made my own:

fadeawayhss47.gif

What's the context of this?

He asked if I would fade from existence if Valve were to ban/restrict my account for successfully activating an RU copy of Revengeance. The question of what would happen to me if I were barred from adding to my game count is actually a valid one. :p

hey when he plays something he plays HARD. he made up ~90 hours of ass flags gameplay.

I don't have that kind of dedication

I couldn't let Uplay have the satisfaction of winning. ;) I'm almost up to where I was, Abstergo challenges and all.

Turfster

Adding to the other suggestions:
Race the sun.

JakeD

glancing through that humble bundle thread makes me appreciate the official steam threads so much more. dont ever change steambros

Caerith

It's okay, I made my own:

fadeawayhss47.gif

He asked if I would fade from existence if Valve were to ban/restrict my account for successfully activating an RU copy of Revengeance. The question of what would happen to me if I were barred from adding to my game count is actually a valid one. :p
If you were barred from adding to your game count, you could always start collecting orphans.

Salsa

I just want Enslaved for cheap

and Velocity Ultra, and Brothers, and Samurai Gunn, and Volgarr, and Castle of Illusion, and a lot of other stuff

dammit havent bought shit in a while

Waiting for deals on:

Papers Please
Nuclear Throne
Mirror Moon EP
Risk of Rain
SteamWorld Dig

I'd be happy if I can get these for 50-75% off.

Risk of Rain is in the Humble Store currently for $6.66. I bit.
It's worth full price and then some. I couldn't get the grin off my face as I tried it out. It's like... spelunky meets contra or something? It's fantasticly amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom