• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Little giveaway.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Toki Tori -- MB-2E268933EB81BC10 - Taken by trailmix16. 1 entrants total.
Edge -- MB-B83DAF7C64709DCE - Taken by Tesseract. 4 entrants total.
Starvoid -- MB-8B6116572EDF6F4C - Taken by Gravelord_Nito. 3 entrants total.
Sleeping Dogs: Dragon Master Pack -- MB-436CC2305E29679F - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 7 entrants total.

t1387510746z1.png

Radio

So good to be addicted to Hotline Miami again. The mix of of ultra violence and fast-paced skill-based gameplay is insanely compelling. I got it when it released on PSN, but I never finished and now I rarely use my PS3. And yes, KB/M is huge improvement over controller

Hotline Miami is the game that made me realize I'm bad at games.

Dingotech

Risk of Rain is in the Humble Store currently for $6.66. I bit.
It's worth full price and then some. I couldn't get the grin off my face as I tried it out. It's like... spelunky meets contra or something? It's fantasticly amazing.

Hmm it's probably not going to get cheaper on Steam is it?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If you were barred from adding to your game count, you could always start collecting orphans.

Haha, and god knows there are plenty of region-specific versions of those. ;)

So I have never used SAM before. I only want to use it for card idling.

Is there really no way to queue stuff up?

Like play this game for 2 hours, then switch to this one for 2 hours.

Nope. SAM wasn't built for idling; the fact it can be used to do is just a happy coincidence.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So looks like people are going crazy with the "uncapped" levels of the Winter Sale badge. I saw a guy with a level 30 badge. Anyone else seen higher?

Prophane33

It's 45 in florida right now. Feels pretty good.

While I kind of miss Florida some days, one thing I'll never miss is the heat there. 35 here in PA which is really warm compared to the days we've been having. This is my first winter ever though, and I think it's fantastic (granted I don't have a yard or car to dig out of the snow).

Rogue legacy for 7.50$ should I bite?

yes

if people can't read, they get to spend more money

13.745ª%

Between 0 and 27.9%.

keep fighting the good fight guys

We have to wait until January 9th for this?

I want to wait a week, tops.

gzp0B3o.png

I know that feels. I went the gamefly route, so luckily i don't have to stare at it for a few weeks. It's going to be great.

Revengeance would be tempting if if weren't a Japanese PC port.

I'll wait.

what does that even mean

Hmm it's probably not going to get cheaper on Steam is it?

I don't know, last sale it stayed at $7.99 the whole sale (what it is now).
I saw $6.66 and just jumped.

edit: Community Choice deals are a like a popularity contest. You should be voting for the game you want, not the game you like. :/
I mean, who doesn't have FTL already?

Truth.
I find the community deals are usually things I already own (like the last three, though I've never played FTL... o_O) or things I just have 0 interest in.

It's funny, sometimes people vote back in yesterday's deal instead of something that hasn't been on sale yet and I find myself screaming at the screen... :lol

-Deimos

Yeah, if you try and add it without a proxy you get the error "Region Restriction on Cart Add' even if you aren't logged in. I was able to get it into the cart using a proxy but it wouldn't let me use the Paypal account as I get the error "Sorry, this PayPal account is already in use by another GameFly account." That might be because my Paypal account uses the same email as my first Gamefly account.

Hm, can't you use a proxy and your existing account?

Yeah I'm very tempted to grab a copy!

If you do, and you want to use a controller, like I did, here's a helpful tip:

You need to enable the controller -- go into the control options, then the gamepad options, and the top line will be gamepad enabled. Took me forever to find it -- you still need a mouse to click some things though, from what I can tell.

mrgone

Wow, someone finally bought my Trouble in Terrorist Town card after like 2 months of being on the marketplace. That's a bloody righteous 7 cents right there, gents.

Caerith

Port done by a different studio, but I don't think that was your point. Konami hasn't let us down yet, lets give them the benefit of the doubt.
Aye, my point was that it's the publisher who decides whether a port is acceptable or gets further support if it isn't (such as Ubi refusing to support the Steam version of Anno despite a patch actually existing), and that Konami has so far done good on the port side.

Silent Hill Homecoming for PC has an unavoidable bug mid-game that doesnt let you advance/finish the game and it's been there since day 1 and it has never been fixed

Clarification: Konami has so far done good on ports to games that aren't terrible.

mrgone

Aye, my point was that it's the publisher who decides whether a port is acceptable or gets further support if it isn't (such as Ubi refusing to support the Steam version of Anno despite a patch actually existing), and that Konami has so far done good on the port side.

Did Ubisoft ever fix From Dust? I seem to recall it being such a slapdash Xbox port that they were just emulating an analog stick with the mouse.

You know what really bugs me? I always wanted to purchase Chime at a discount during one of these events but it has never been discounted. Not once. Yeah I know, "it's only $5". However, I already own Chime on both PS3 and 360. Still, it would've been nice if the game gotten some discount during a Steam sale.

CatPee

Stupid Gamefly. Tried to preorder MGR:R for $15.99 with my Paypal and it places my order "Under Review" for no good reason. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom