• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hotline Miami is the game that made me realize I'm bad at games.
imEcyNXMLoehn.gif

smr00

Banned
I voted for Alice. I figured that's what the majority of GAF really wants to win. In the end, choose what you think would be the right choice.
Wait.. Are you doing in this in spite of GAF? Or does GAF like Alice now? I remember Alice getting a lot of hate during the summer sale.

I know it's not the Steam sale, but it's Steam games and it this is kind of the Steam thread now that the other one is closed... sooooo:

Humble Store currently has the following deals, for those of you that are interested:
Risk of Rain - $6.66
LIMBO - $2.49
Natural Selection 2 - $2.49
Foul Play - $3.74
System Shock 2 - $2.99
Luxuria Superbia - $1.99

My favorite track is MOON's Hydrogren.

I personally like the other track by MOON... Crystals... once it gets going, I would just go into some lucid trance and became an unstoppable killing machine... the song makes me feel like I'm some sort of meth-fueled Terminator sent back in time to murder for sport. :p

I've barely touched pc gaming since the spring sale, so I really don't know what's come out since then. Stanley Parable and Gone Home look really interesting, but all the 0 ratings on metacritic sort of put me off.. are these just people complaining about how short they are? And are they worth getting?

The Stanley Parable is an interesting experience... how long you play is highly dependent on how amusing you find the humor/message in the game. It's one of those "games" that isn't really a game but more of an experience... or something.

Dipper145

My friend bought me Payday 2, and I bought him Dead Island, looks like we got some good co-op gaming going down soon!
Now im broke, so hopefully nothing I want goes on sale!

jrcbandit

Traded in Knack at Gamestop for $40 (originally bought it for $40 via Amazon deal!) and bought a $50 Steam card so I am good to go. Have $30 left after MGR preorder... I wonder if Walking Dead Season 2 will go on sale for 25-33% off, probably not?

UncleBiz

I've barely touched pc gaming since the spring sale, so I really don't know what's come out since then. Stanley Parable and Gone Home look really interesting, but all the 0 ratings on metacritic sort of put me off.. are these just people complaining about how short they are? And are they worth getting?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Can you still craft the sales badge after the sale is over by buying the cards on the market etc? I don't know if that was/is the case with the summer sale badge.

Ezalc

Waiting for sales on Samurai Gunn, Guacamelee, Call of Juarez Gunslinger, Dustforce, and Broforce. Anything else is extra deliciousness.

Can you still craft the sales badge after the sale is over by buying the cards on the market etc? I don't know if that was/is the case with the summer sale badge.

these cards expire and vanish after the end of the sale so no hoarding. The summer sale cards can still be traded.

jrcbandit

Ignore the naysayers, totally worth it when purchased on sale! Gone Home was a questionable purchase at full price since it was too short, but both games are good value when you can get them for under $10.

rrs

I know it's not the Steam sale, but it's Steam games and it this is kind of the Steam thread now that the other one is closed... sooooo:

Humble Store currently has the following deals, for those of you that are interested:
Risk of Rain - $6.66
LIMBO - $2.49
Natural Selection 2 - $2.49
Foul Play - $3.74
System Shock 2 - $2.99
Luxuria Superbia - $1.99

Nice, but it could reach $2.50

Cards go poof when the sale is over.

Yeah, and yes at least Stanley Parable is worth getting.

GuardsmanGreg

Neo Member
Just popping in to add another recommendation for Electronic Super Joy. The game's soundtrack is pretty damn great and the Levels I've played so far are superb. Plus it has cards.

CARDS.

smr00

Banned
I had 0 interest in Gone Home until i saw it popping up on everyones GOTY list and was very, very hesitant to buy it when it was $5 on the humble store but after finishing it am glad i did. It was well worth $5 and it's one of my favorite games of this year.

For $20? I wouldn't do it. For $5-8 i would.

neoism

aRjINR8.png

I think this is the first time SteamGuard gave me my location?

i'll just assume it has to do with region locking since Steam is evil now

yeah I just won FEAR(I have all three now :O :D ) on the free for all raffle a few pages back (lol) a few....

and noticed this should change this for what ever reason lol its not even in the right state. :p
ijfbO6aw5VSTy.jpg

I don't know if this has been posted, but Gamefly has quite a nice offer, "Build your own 2k bundle".

3 games for $18
4 games for $22
5 games for $25

and the 20% of coupon GFDDEC20 might work on top of that.
Edit: thecharrr confirmed it works.
Edit: in fact, maybe not...

The games:
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Bioshock Infinite
Borderlands Game of the Year Edition
Borderlands 2
Civilization IV
Civilization IV: Colonization
Duke Nukem Forever
Mafia II
Mafia II Digital Deluxe Edition
NBA 2K13
Sid Meier's Civilization V
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Gods and Kings
Spec Ops: The Line
The Darkness II
The Stronghold Collection
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

meanspartan

Ok so earlier this morning I bought the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass for what I THOUGHT to be $4.99, but then saw they charged my card $19.99.

So I opened up a ticket with them to either refund me the $15 and let me keep it for the $5 I thought it was, or just refund the entire $19.99 and take back the season pass.

This is what I got in my email as a reply:

"A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Steam does not offer discounts to purchases made before or after sale periods.

Please check Steam News for information on upcoming sales and promotions."

WTFFFFFF. Anyone have any tips on how to get my money back? I will open another ticket but it appears I am talking to a robot. I don't want to do a chargeback and have my library be put at risk of being lost.

feel

Nuuvem has PES 2014 for $15 if anyone's interested. Normal price is still at $60, Amazon and Steam have it at $30 right now (50% off).

LOLDSFAN

Ha someone gifted me a copy of BioShock Infinite.

There goes my plan on waiting for GOTY. Now I wish I would have gotten that Season Pass.
LLShC.gif

rrs

I don't know if this has been posted, but Gamefly has quite a nice offer, "Build your own 2k bundle".

and the 20% of coupon GFDDEC20 might work on top of that.

Can confirm it will work on top of it. It may be in the list with the deal but it doesn't work, sorry.

Adam Blue

Ok so earlier this morning I bought the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass for what I THOUGHT to be $4.99, but then saw they charged my card $19.99.

So I opened up a ticket with them to either refund me the $15 and let me keep it for the $5 I thought it was, or just refund the entire $19.99 and take back the season pass.

This is what I got in my email as a reply:

"A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Steam does not offer discounts to purchases made before or after sale periods.

Please check Steam News for information on upcoming sales and promotions."

WTFFFFFF. Anyone have any tips on how to get my money back? I will open another ticket but it appears I am talking to a robot. I don't want to do a chargeback and have my library be put at risk of being lost.

If you just THOUGHT it was $5, I don't think you have a leg to stand on. If you have documentation showing it was $5 at time of the purchase, then you should be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom