• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

meanspartan

If you just THOUGHT it was $5, I don't think you have a leg to stand on. If you have documentation showing it was $5 at time of the purchase, then you should be good to go.

Ya I honestly did! I had no idea it was a pricing error til I saw they charged me $19.99 and came on this thread to ask what the deal was, and saw everyone else say it was an error.

Luckily, I hadn't changed the screen with the mistaken price yet and managed to take a screenshot. http://i.imgur.com/H3STEMa.png

images
lol

I don't know if this has been posted, but Gamefly has quite a nice offer, "Build your own 2k bundle".

3 games for $18
4 games for $22
5 games for $25

and the 20% of coupon GFDDEC20 might work on top of that.
Edit: thecharrr confirmed it works.
Hmmm, how do I get the coupon to work? I get
Sorry, coupon code GFDDEC20 could not be applied. This coupon may only be applied to digital game, pre-order digital game, downloadable content, pre-order downloadable content, or standard bundled items. No qualifying items were found.

Grief.exe

I've barely touched pc gaming since the spring sale, so I really don't know what's come out since then. Stanley Parable and Gone Home look really interesting, but all the 0 ratings on metacritic sort of put me off.. are these just people complaining about how short they are? And are they worth getting?

They are just idiots from /v

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Got a great, great haul off my wishlist. Its so vindicating to just go in and take 25% of the games off your wishlist and just buy them sight unseen. I was in and out in like 45 seconds. I just went "20 bucks, clear that wishlist. GOOOO" and came away with:

• Shelter
  • Hammerwatch
  • Bit.Trip beat (thisll be like the 5th platform I've got that game on"
  • Hack, Slash, Loot
  • Nimbus
  • Sounddodget+

Also picked up DayZ, Starbound and Killzone Mercenary. I don't need any more vidja games for the whole year!

~Kinggi~

Banned
Got a great, great haul off my wishlist. Its so vindicating to just go in and take 25% of the games off your wishlist and just buy them sight unseen. I was in and out in like 45 seconds. I just went "20 bucks, clear that wishlist. GOOOO" and came away with:

• Shelter
  • Hammerwatch
  • Bit.Trip beat (thisll be like the 5th platform I've got that game on"
  • Hack, Slash, Loot
  • Nimbus
  • Sounddodget+

Also picked up DayZ, Starbound and Killzone Mercenary. I don't need any more vidja games for the whole year!

Someone ban this guy he didnt follow the daily deals rule i am completely disheveled from these happenings now.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Someone ban this guy he didnt follow the daily deals rule i am completely disheveled from these happenings now.

Oh no, what did I dooooooo? I didn't read the OP. I didn't even click the first page.

maty

The Two Tribe bundle is an amazing value, I would have bought it if I didn't own all the games in it already.

If you don't have them, buy it now!!

Smash88

Banned
I'm done telling people to wait for the daily deal. If they ask if they should get it and it hasn't been a daily deal, I will just say "yes" from now on.

They want to waste more money, go for it.

Colin.

More bundles should give you giftable copies like that. It's pretty shitty that in most bundles, the games you already own would just go to waste

I hope you're all voting for Mafia 2 so I can get me that JP DLC. ;)

I've already voted for Alice, I wont be contributing to your problem!

yuraya

Electronic Super Joy such a great pick up for the price :) really loving the pace of the game and the music. I have died a lot though lol

maty

I'm done telling people to wait for the daily deal. If they ask if they should get it and it hasn't been a daily deal, I will just say "yes" from now on.

They want to waste more money, go for it.

Is it so hard to understand, it's the same every sale. :/

It's not even about reading the OP but just having bought something from a previous sale to know how it works

Jonm1010

Banned
Soooooo toki tori and electronic super joy. Any good? Worth it? Don't know much about either but they seem like they might be decent.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Soooooo toki tori and electronic super joy. Any good? Worth it? Don't know much about either but they seem like they might be decent.

Well, you can get both for like 3.73$, and thats not including 3 other games from the bundle. I mean, you'd be losing money if you didnt buy it, right guys?

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I've barely touched pc gaming since the spring sale, so I really don't know what's come out since then. Stanley Parable and Gone Home look really interesting, but all the 0 ratings on metacritic sort of put me off.. are these just people complaining about how short they are? And are they worth getting?
It is very likely that the 0 ratings are from people who consider them "non-games". And maybe some people who couldn't figure out how to
keep
that one achievement in Stanley Parable.
Though yeah, a fair number of people dinged Gone Home for being "overpriced" at $20. (Good thing it's less now, then.)

If you're into like, games that exist to communicate a specific idea/story (...this contrasted with games that require learning rules and mastering skills, I guess) I don't see why you wouldn't enjoy them. The general sentiment around both seems pretty positive.

Salsa

first blood

3FG93og.png

and as such:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Toki Tori -- MB-F56083B6B1795E7D - Taken by bakeray
RUSH -- MB-41164B5D09927938 - Taken by tylergregg
EDGE -- MB-28C81FE5A5FCFC5F - Taken by Platy

Platy

Those give aways makes me go like

"damn i don't post much on the steam threads... I am a lurker

oh wait but I am in south american so I will probably can't receive anyway

...oh wait I already own that game"

=P

Also, first day :
Divekick

Start slowly

~Kinggi~

Banned
Im really hoping the daedalic adventure games go on sale. Some of the newer stuff like Goodbye Deponia and Memoria would be nice.

maty

To be fair, there's probably people for whom this is their first sale.

That could be the case, but then I would inform myself how the sale works.

Just by reading the store page you would know that there are going to be new deals everyday and flash deals every 8 hours so I can assume that a game I want might show up later. If it doesn't I'll buy it at the end.

I voted for Alice solely because I recall a single poster in here was sad they missed out on the Amazon price around Thanksgiving. :p

I already own Mafia II and Waking Mars didn't look like something I'd pick up, so... yeah.

--

Today's Haul has been all DLC...
Bioshock Infinite Season Pass
Arkham Origins Season Pass
PinballFX Ms. Splosion Man/Star Wars tables
Electronic Super Joy DLC

feel

Played a few hours of CSGO with 2 friends who always give me every crate because they dgaf, we got 3 Winter crates and I sold them for $5 each. If you're not making your $3.74 CSGO purchase pay for itself today with these new crates you're doing it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom