• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmitt

Toki Tori 2+ looks fun, been waiting for a good price for it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Toki Tori -- MB-6538B2A8A155DCA4 - Taken by Widdly Scuds
RUSH -- MB-198419817B89F4EF - Taken by random
EDGE -- MB-67A6F71E39576E3D - Taken by MulderWasTaken

Haha, I can't remember when I said I liked MM4 publicly, but yeah, it's my second favorite behind MM2 :) Glad people are enjoying Dust, losing the Community vote to FTL isn't too surprising because, c'mon, it's FTL. But I put up a good fight!

As for a daily deal, I don't have full insight, but signs are promising.

I don't remember the last time the game I voted for won..I voted for Dust so I will take full responsibility for the loss.

Kapow

I made the mistake of adding funds to my account from a new credit card a couple of days ago and now i can't access the market until the 25th, hopefully i'll still be able to sell these cards by then

edit: The snowglobe cards that is

I made the mistake of adding funds to my account from a new credit card a couple of days ago and now i can't access the market until the 25th, hopefully i'll still be able to sell these cards by then

edit: The snowglobe cards that is

I hate that. I've made that mistake twice. Burns me up.

Thank you so much for Dust. This game is fantastic. The art style is so beautiful and the animations so smooth, amazing that it's the work of one guy. The combat is extremely satisfying and for a hack-slash the KB/M controls work very well. From the 20 or so minutes I've played, I think it already has a place on my Indie GOTY list for the art style and animations alone.

Thanks again

KuroNeeko

All right, GAF.

What do you think, Bioshock Infinite or Dishonored?

Looking more for story, atmosphere, feels, and gameplay that rewards experimentation / imagination.

Fracas

#fuckonami
All right, GAF.

Looking more for story, atmosphere, feels, and gameplay that rewards experimentation / imagination.

I'd recommend Dishonored. Fantastic game. Bioshock's got the edge in story but Dishonored is so much more fun to play.

Prophane33

All right, GAF.

Thirding Dishonored. I almost feel bad for getting the GOTY version for 3 bucks last sale.

I wonder what my friend thinks when he wakes up noticing that I gifted him Secret of the Magic Crystals.

Though that puts me in fear what he'll do for his revenge..

Ok now to some finnish sauna and then sleep- I hope I don't go total crazy in this sale or 700 could be realistic. Buying games is delicious tho.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
All right, GAF.

If you want good gameplay and ok story go for Dishonored and if you want Great Story and ehhh gameplay go Bioshock.

All right, GAF.

Personally for story, atmosphere, feels I'd go with Bioshock. For that kind of gameplay, Dishonored. So i suppose it depends on the order of importance those aspects have.

All right, GAF.

Dishonored

I enjoyed Infinite, but it can't compete with Dishonored's intriguing world, bleak atmosphere, semi-sandbox levels, wealth of abilities and tactics, and the thrill of supernatural steampunk stealth action

Kanokare

Wow I really need to pick up Dishonored it seems. Just need that GOTY price tag to go down a littttttle bit more while I work on the backlogs.

Zushin

All right, GAF.

Bioshock = Good Story and feels. Average gameplay.
Dishonoured = Awesome gameplay and average story.

Both have an awesome atmospheres.

I'd personally go for Dishonoured.

KuroNeeko

I'd recommend Dishonored. Fantastic game. Bioshock's got the edge in story but Dishonored is so much more fun to play.

Dishonored by a mile.

Personally for story, atmosphere, feels I'd go with Bioshock. For that kind of gameplay, Dishonored. So i suppose it depends on the order of importance those aspects have.

Dishonored

I enjoyed Infinite, but it can't compete with Dishonored's intriguing world, bleak atmosphere, semi-sandbox levels, wealth of abilities and tactics, and the thrill of supernatural steampunk stealth action

dishonored

Dishonored.

If you want good gameplay and ok story go for Dishonored and if you want Great Story and ehhh gameplay go Bioshock.

Thanks! Seems pretty unanimous...

Do you want a steak or a cheeseburger? Dishonored.
I'm so confused!

This is accurate. Infinite's gameplay left much to be desired.

Hmm, tough choice. With so many games to play, I usually only stick to titles that resonate with me on an emotional level. A strong, compelling story with interesting characters; or an interesting world / setting is usually what has me coming back for more.

I think I'll go Dishonored just because it's cheaper and pick up Infinite next year.

Azriell

All right, GAF.

Can't go wrong with either game. Dishonored was great, but the see-through-walls power, which places a yellow filter on your screen, gets old. Unfortunately if you want to play stealth you'll leave it up 95% of the time.

Bioshock Infinite isn't perfect, but the story, setting, and characters were so freaking great. Bioshock Infinite is so beautiful, also, that it's almost mesmerising. My wife watched me play through almost all of it, because of the beauty of Columbia and her interest in Elizabeth's story.

Caerith

There's no saying when or even if 1C will bring the games back to Steam, but you should consider flogging it off for a tidy profit.
There's something weird going on with it. Someone is deleting discussion threads on the Elven Legacy community page. I just looked at it earlier and it was pretty sparse, but there was one thread I saw about not being able to install it, so I tried installing to report back but then, poof, that thread (and a few others about technical issues) disappeared.

W1SSY

Dishonored, infinite sucks at gameplay so much, it feels like a watered down Bioshock with the actual gameplay and too many bullet sinks

Awesome

I have yet to play Dishonored but agree about Infinite's gameplay. I hated the way it played but for me I wanted to see how the story ended and that kept me going.

Grief.exe

Woah, people starting to represent for Bioshock.

I want to go check out some video reviews, but them spoilers...

Bioshock Infinite is a bad game, but has a good story and atmosphere.

Make that what you will, if you decide to lean that route we won't judge you.

The middle 80% of the game you are probably going to be supremely bored since the story, and atmosphere for that matter, check out and you are just left with the gameplay.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam BFE -- MB-926E1141F6F2781D - Taken by CheezyMac88. 2 entrants total.

t1387520241z1.png

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Neither story is great, but I appreciated Dishonored's revenge tale (silly tho it was) over Infinite's attempt at presenting its tale. Both have decent to great atmosphere at times.

Dishonored's gameplay is sorta Thief-lite w/ some awesome powers that help keep things versatile (unless you're doing a no-kill/no alert run, in which case things are a lot more limited).

Infinite's is basically Bioshock 2's combat arenas with some minor modifications, and got old by the time end-game rolled around.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Bioshock Infinite is a bad game, but has a good story and atmosphere.

Make that what you will, if you decide to lean that route we won't judge you.

The middle 80% of the game you are probably going to be supremely bored since the story, and atmosphere for that matter, check out and you are just left with the gameplay.

The game got such superb reviews for a reason.

It's a great game.

I enjoyed the combat though it wasn't revolutionary. I had fun with it. The story was phenomenal.

I wouldn't call it a bad game by any stretch of the imagination. The worst I would consider is mediocre, though I thought "good" was a good descriptor for it.

AJ_Wings

Neither story is great, but I appreciated Dishonored's revenge tale (silly tho it was) over Infinite's attempt at presenting its tale. Both have decent to great atmosphere at times.

Dishonored's gameplay is sorta Thief-lite w/ some awesome powers that help keep things versatile (unless you're doing a no-kill/no alert run, in which case things are a lot more limited).

Infinite's is basically Bioshock 2's combat arenas with some minor modifications, and got old by the time end-game rolled around.

Infinite's combat spaces are indeed larger but not as intricate and nuanced as 2 and Minerva's Den.

And yes, Dishonored is pretty awesome. One of my favorites of this gen and highly recommended. The DLC is pretty awesome too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom