• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
That's why the entire last page you see essentially all of the people trash Infinite, where as when the game was released, it was the complete opposite.

I'll concede that point, the word bad is a bit of a stretch.

I don't know that I agree with this.

I feel like it's similar to the Wind Waker effect except backwards.

I think it's still a good game but when you hear people talk bad about the game so frequently you look back on it in less fond terms.

This isn't to say that everyone saying they don't like it is wrong or anything, just that I think if people played it again fresh there might be some rosier responses.

There was this rumor before the sale started that discounts would be the same as the previous sale.

There are enough examples around that show that that was wrong, right?

Caerith

The "good" path's ending is incredibly abrupt, but I liked the one of the final interactions you have with the bad guy. Dishonored's DLC had a much better executed story.

I haven't played either game yet, but I think the discussion over which video game writing is better/less bad would be more interesting if all arguments were appended with "and the last book I read was ____."

Knurek

I wish I had time and was savvy enough to sell cards. It's just free money sitting there.

Just use Enhanced Steam, browse to your inventory, select card, pick price that is equal or marginally smaller than the lowest ATM Enhance Steam gives you and you're good to go.
80 Euro so far in card money, still have ~100 drops to go.

I haven't played either game yet, but I think the discussion over which video game writing is better/less bad would be more interesting if all arguments were appended with "and the last book I read was ____."

Maybe it would make the discussion more interesting for you, but it wouldn't make anyone's opinions more or less valid.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Yikes, an hour? But folks like it, right?

Yes they do, and the ability to judge how long this game is may be extremely difficult to pinpoint, and here's a slight spoiler but not a very big one (it becomes obvious pretty quickly at the beginning of the game):
The game has over 15 endings, and to get to each ending is a completely different path, and how long you take to get to an ending or discover a certain ending exists is up to you.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
well then that website is worthless. there's that much content in there? do you have to really dig for it?

It's actually meant to be sort of a joke post for people who have beaten the game. (Also I should have said 4 hours not 8.)

Honestly, it's the kind of game that you get as much out as you put in. It's very dependent on how long you want to mess with it.

Card Boy

Banned
Steam Store needs expanded catagories or sub catagories such as;

Shooter
Puzzle
Point and Click Adventure
Board Games

Hard as shit to find Point and Click Adventure games unless you go through like 500 games.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Steam Store needs expanded catagories or sub catagories such as;

Shooter
Puzzle
Point and Click Adventure
Board Games

Hard as shit to find Point and Click Adventure games unless you go through like 500 games.

It sure makes my quest for horror games interesting. They have horror as a sub-category on Greenlight, but not on the main Steam page.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
By the way, Electronic Super Joy is on sale for $1.50 right now.

If you like platformers, you should check it out.

Here's a little compilation GIF I made really quick showing it off.

electronic_super_joy_by_alo81-d6ylpjx.gif

The GIF doesn't show off the best part though.

That BUMPIN ASS MUSIC is fantastic.

OHHHHH YEAHHHHH.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
huh, ok. Thank you very much. Man, Steam sales roll around and all the sudden I'm wringing my hands over $8 video games...

derFeef

Wo what can you do if your purchase did not count for the card progress? I bought MGR in the first minutes the sale started :/

Any Americans want to help me buy a few games from Amazon? I know that I can use a US address, but Amazon has kinda been hassling me about that, locking my account temporarily etc., so I'd rather not chance it.

I need Europa Universalis Extreme Edition, Aliens: CM, Teleglitch and London 2012. I'll throw in a couple of dollars for your time, of course :).

Enjoy!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Clive Barker's Jericho -- MB-A1C71BB5E60B7302 - Taken by Darkroronoa
Overlord 2 -- MB-6DA2A67B76961D5D - Taken by tylergregg
Overlord and Overlord Raising Hell -- MB-3BCEE35BDEBEB0F2 - Taken by zerokoolpsx
Damnation -- MB-0816F0124A441AAD - Taken by Junko

There was this rumor before the sale started that discounts would be the same as the previous sale.

There are enough examples around that show that that was wrong, right?

No, for the majority of the store the prices are the same, as per the leaked memo. There are just a few new instances where stuff has deeper discounts. There's also some stuff that was on sale in Autumn, that is seemingly not on sale now. Most all of the prices are the same though.

Infinite's story was verging on good until the
Vox Populi
stuff, then it fell apart. Dishonored had a generic story and they tried too hard with
the twists
. The last book I read was A Storm of Swords.

Why can't you?

Doesn't show up under Video in the menu.

... sigh...

My 2013 Steam Hit List:
CS: GO
Ballpoint Universe
Dishonored GOTY
BL2 XMAS DLC
You Don't Know Jack! Movies
You Don't Know Jack! Television
You Don't Know Jack! 1 + 2 + 3
Super House of Dead Ninjas
Shelter
Electronic Super Joy

Typing of the Dead + DLC (Waiting for daily)
DayZ
Scribblenauts Unmasked
Blood Dragon
Possibly some software

Gifts:
Costume Quest
CS: GO

Dust (hoping it on goes on daily)
other misc. GAF gifts

So I got a little carried away. Bought some impulse buys.

Caerith

Maybe it would make the discussion more interesting for you, but it wouldn't make anyone's opinions more or less valid.

Oh I don't mean to invalidate anyone's opinions, just put things in perspective. The writing in video games runs a gamut from "utter shit" to "pretty okay," so regardless of which is better or worse, it's not like either is Pulitzer-tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom