• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steam is easily the best gaming system of all of them, there is no comparison. PSN and Xbox Live just don't even compare. I hope there are no illusions about this?

How can anyone rebute that?

Things like the Free to Play games and the Snow Globes... that shit is just the best. If you feel like making your Steam account and collecting foil cards. Collecting cards is one of the coolest additions to and online system that I've ever seen, in addition to achievements it's just a rad idea. I don't even know if there is any purposeful benefit of having them but it still a rad idea.

Steam Sales just break the back of anything else... from what I imagine it should have killed piracy. Why pirate some shitty non complete version of a game when you can virtually always end up getting it on Steam eventually for SO cheap? I mean Metal Gear Rising before it even comes out being on sale for $19.99 is just freaking COOL man.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm a dope and assumed the game not being highlighted as owned meant it wasn't part of the Collector Pack:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Nancy Drew The Creature of Kapu Cave -- MB-AA01C99DAEE83BA1 - Taken by Dusk Golem

I should have scrolled down when on the store page, haha. How bembarrassing.

There's something weird going on with it. Someone is deleting discussion threads on the Elven Legacy community page. I just looked at it earlier and it was pretty sparse, but there was one thread I saw about not being able to install it, so I tried installing to report back but then, poof, that thread (and a few others about technical issues) disappeared.

Wow, yeah, there's a ~three-month gap on the first page (late June -> early Oct).

Grief.exe

The game got such superb reviews for a reason.

Marketing? A good ending?

If you look at Infinite, its one of those games that fell in the infatuation period. It takes time for people to come down from the highs experienced from the ending and objectively look at the game.

That's why the entire last page you see essentially all of the people trash Infinite, where as when the game was released, it was the complete opposite.

Bad Rats is a bad game, BI gameplay is at least decent or serviceable.

I'll concede that point, the word bad is a bit of a stretch.

Steam is easily the best gaming system of all of them, there is no comparison. PSN and Xbox Live just don't even compare. I hope there are no illusions about this?

But can a PC play Killzone?
Sqz5KIA.png

I guess Valve caught on with the Two Tribes bundle being less expensive than Toki Tori 2+'s flash deal. The bundle is showing up on my browser for 77% off - $4.59

Things like the Free to Play games and the Snow Globes... that shit is just the best. If you feel like making your Steam account and collecting foil cards. Collecting cards is one of the coolest additions to and online system that I've ever seen, in addition to achievements it's just a rad idea. I don't even know if there is any purposeful benefit of having them but it still a rad idea.
I miss the Potato Sack stuff. Why they went from having you play the games to making you idle boggles my mind.

neoism

Dishonored, infinite sucks at gameplay so much, it feels like a watered down Bioshock with the actual gameplay and too many bullet sinks

I'm sooo fucking glad I played Infinite for the story and didn't ruin my experience by playing it on 1999 mode the first time like most of gaf... played that shit on easy first time and fucking LOOOVED it Best story in awhile... I loved Dishonored as well but for me it was a pure stealth game 100% so story was meaningless to me...
Not sure where all the simi hate for Bio is coming from lately.. :/ I still think Bio 1 is the best something about Bio 2 just doesn't sit right with me and I've pasted it buy for even 4 bones lol...Guess I just don't like the fact your a big heavy bulky Big daddy for the whole game. but Infinite was fucking amazing.... it worked for a shooter but for me the story was soo good I just didn't noticed all of the gameplay problems everyone had.... but yeah playing on 1999 mode first time wasn't worth it... Most artificial difficulties aren't worth it...

the op in last year's thread had screengrabs of each day's new sales. i miss that easy access.

this is the time of giving, not groaning, however. i will be giving myself a fair share of new titles i'll play for a little and then drop altogether.

neoism

Thanks! Seems pretty unanimous...

I'm so confused!

Hmm, tough choice. With so many games to play, I usually only stick to titles that resonate with me on an emotional level. A strong, compelling story with interesting characters; or an interesting world / setting is usually what has me coming back for more.

I think I'll go Dishonored just because it's cheaper and pick up Infinite next year.

Seriously man if your want a great story go BI(play on easy and enjoy it, dont ruin it with 1999 mode where every enemy takes 3 clips) Dishonored is a great stealth game I fucking LOOOOOOOOVE stealth games.. but BI > DH

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Would anyone like the Super Meat Boy profile background? Not a trade for something else or to sell, it just needs a good home since I won't use it.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
No, now you just idle. You used to have to get achievements and a lot of the indie games updated with holiday themed stuff.

Some of those achievement based ones (at least the first year or so) to get badge components or their past equivalents was a giant pain in the ass, though.

Some TF2 achieves come to mind as being annoying as all hell to pull off.

Sidenote, can you even get globes by idling? I thought it was only 10 dollar increments/crafting a badge/voting every third time.

Or did you mean idling for the cards to unlock the badges, to get the globes?

Some of those achievement based ones (at least the first year or so) to get badge components or their past equivalents was a giant pain in the ass, though.

Some TF2 achieves come to mind as being annoying as all hell to pull off.

Sidenote, can you even get globes by idling? I thought it was only 10 dollar increments/crafting a badge/voting every third time.

Or did you mean idling for the cards to unlock the badges, to get the globes?
Yeah but that was the fun. The difficulty. I didn't mean you get globes, I meant idle, collect regular cards, trade/sell, trade/buy globes.

I couldn't believe that last guy you kill in Dishonored was actually the end. The story just built up a little then fell off.

The "good" path's ending is incredibly abrupt, but I liked the one of the final interactions you have with the bad guy. Dishonored's DLC had a much better executed story.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm a dope and assumed the game not being highlighted as owned meant it wasn't part of the Collector Pack:

I should have scrolled down when on the store page, haha. How bembarrassing.

Thank you JaseC, I have a strange affinity to the Nancy Drew games, should be an interesting ride to get through all of them next year.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Learning about the world, reading those books and short stories, and discovering all about the people via the Heart for their secret thoughts, that's the story for Dishonored and I enjoyed it for that.

I do believe it's a world worth exploring and it let me get more out of it than Bioshock Infinity (but not Bioshock 1) did.

Edit: Oh and since it's a new page, I'll ask again. Anyone want the Super Meat Boy Profile background for Steam free? It just needs a good home and it's not worth it for me to ell on market place.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
All I've gotten so far is Virtua Tennis 4 from GMG. There is stuff I want, but I still need to buy Christmas gifts for a couple family members. Trying to practice restraint.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
OH MY GOD I just found out you can SELL Cards... that is OFF TE HOOK!

It is awesome. I went from selling enough cards to buy Monaco, to selling enough to buy Dust, to making my way to buying Infinite. Have $6 something so far. I'm hoping to make it to at least $8.

KuroNeeko

Besides the inventory system, mako and copy and paste dungeons.

I found the biggest problem with ME2 was the pacing. You spend so much time just getting your squad together and depending on the order, you barely get to play with some of the later character.

I also felt that it also required that you already be emotionally invested in the story / characters. That said, it ends on such a satisfying high note that you're almost instantly pumped for the third one.

(No mako in ME2.)

lol Mirror's Edge 2 :p I mean.

Doh, you got me too...

(No Mako in Mirror's Edge 2)

neoemonk

I wonder what my friend thinks when he wakes up noticing that I gifted him Secret of the Magic Crystals.

Though that puts me in fear what he'll do for his revenge..

Ok now to some finnish sauna and then sleep- I hope I don't go total crazy in this sale or 700 could be realistic. Buying games is delicious tho.

But what is their secret? Now I am intrigued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom