• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
It makes me sad how many non-daily deals are in the Steam top sellers. Don't they know to wait for the dailies?

Enhanced Steam should add
iQUuqIEuipOTf.gif
to the top of the store page whenever a sale happens.

Anteater

It makes me sad how many non-daily deals are in the Steam top sellers. Don't they know to wait for the dailies?

Some people just don't care and want to get it out of the way.

I have friends who were still buying games a week or two before steam sale (at full price), and they weren't even planning to play those games right away.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
So, I got Max Payne off Amazon for cheap yesterday and have been playing it. Why didn't anyone here ever mention the cutscenes were annoying?

Ha ha, but seriously. The strobing lights, the bleariness, the shakeycam. It's all meant to simulate a terrible hangover and it's working so well that it gave me a headache while playing. So, congrats to Rockstar for their commitment to immersion I guess.

Vancha

Bought Super Electronic Joy instantly when i saw the price. Played an alpha version of it and actually really enjoyed myself.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Right, I have to ask and I don't care if it seems daft. I bought the Electronic Super Joy DLC: Bonus Content, where exactly did the soundtrack go if Steam downloaded it?

Or perhaps I was supposed to get a code and I just missed it somewhere.

The hell Steam is trolling me right now. Just bought three Torchlight 2 cards to finish a set, and 5 minutes later I get a booster pack for it, and I'm now three cards from another set.

I am completely new to PC gaming and Steam. The final component for my rig will be coming in tomorrow, so I'll be building it then. But I took this opportunity to buy Bioshock Infinite as my first PC game purely because I'm so new to the pricing advantage on PCs and because I see it so frequently praised. Even though I have a specific taste in video games, I hope I enjoy it.

I hope I made the right choice, and I hope I don't build too much of a backlog. I hate the feeling of having too many games I want to play and too little time.

Right, I have to ask and I don't care if it seems daft. I bought the Electronic Super Joy DLC: Bonus Content, where exactly did the soundtrack go if Steam downloaded it?

Or perhaps I was supposed to get a code and I just missed it somewhere.

It's in Steam -> Steamapps -> common -> ElectronicSuperJoy -> Extras -> OST

I just made $3.15 in the span of ten minutes selling cards. I don't even know who is camping on Titan Attacks cards to buy them so quickly from me.

mrgone

Yea the first game has a texture pack without the use of texmod as far as I know

Yep. They even created their own tools for texture mods so texmod would no longer be needed.

Oh, sweet! That texture stuff really bothered me for some reason.

Wow, seems like this was ironed out a couple of years ago. There's:
A method to mod the game manually to fix the level of detail insanity that was causing much of the trouble
and
A user-created texture replacement mod to update/improve a bunch of the textures in the game

Anteater

I am completely new to PC gaming and Steam. The final component for my rig will be coming in tomorrow, so I'll be building it then. But I took this opportunity to buy Bioshock Infinite as my first PC game purely because I'm so new to the pricing advantage on PCs and because I see it so frequently praised. Even though I have a specific taste in video games, I hope I enjoy it.

I hope I made the right choice, and I hope I don't build too much of a backlog. I hate the feeling of having too many games I want to play and too little time.

It's at least a really good graphical showcase on the pc, so it's probably a good choice just for the aesthetics. The game just looks incredible.

I got the Two Tribes bundle for $2.99. Apparently it was a pricing error, as it's up to $4.59 now.

Nothing will beat the Dishonored pricing error during the last sale, when the GOTY edition was $3.19

It will happen. You can't stop the inevitable. I was saying the same things a few months ago when I got into PC games. Now I somehow have over a hundred games

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Alright, final batch of misc games I have for Giveaway. Be spent after this until I get paid at the end of the month for horror goodness. Misc keys I had take 3:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-F0C82EBC69FA58BB - Taken by xBlain. 14 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Deponia -- MB-1193F7C7BFBD6B2A - Taken by Toki767. 12 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

The Whispered World -- MB-6BDE78E0BEE95B15 - Taken by Letters. 1 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Batman Arkham Asylum -- MB-1215A719518B772C - Taken by slayzz. 2 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Batman Arkham City -- MB-4C39EB44E202E06D - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 5 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Worms Pinball -- MB-DA91D0C2030C86B9 - Taken by didamangi. 1 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Worms Crazy Golf -- MB-CA33B752474870F2 - Taken by DeadlyVirus. 2 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Edna & Harvey New Eyes -- MB-C1CB2BA0C432EDB6 - Taken by KuroNeeko. 3 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

FEAR 2 -- MB-2B5A8A2DD3EC2FFF - Taken by ModBot - Taken by freshVeggie

header_292x136.jpg

FEAR -- MB-2272EB34C2DEFA95 - Taken by Accoun. 1 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

A New Beginning Final Cut -- MB-6CD43EBDDA628B25 - Taken by NeoNess. 5 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Worms Blast -- MB-5E3F8EDDE2640D3F - Taken by snack. 3 entrants total.

t1387536171z1.png

Toki Tori 2 is pretty awesome, by the way. The only knock against it is that it can feel kind of aimless at times. It feels great to solve puzzles entirely on your own, though.

It's at least a really good graphical showcase on the pc, so it's probably a good choice just for the aesthetics. The game just looks incredible.

Thanks! I was worried at the recommendations of Dishonored over Bioshock Infinite, but I think the story is something I'm really keen on experiencing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I was able to buy the NA version of FFXI as a gift for some reason. Thanks, Valve! Now to get the ROW version on the cheap.

BTW if you aren't buying Recettear during this flash sale you are a horrible person.

I like what you've done with your avatar!

My 2013 Steam Grabs + List:

Day 1:
  • CS: GO
  • Ballpoint Universe
  • Dishonored GOTY
  • BL2 XMAS DLC
  • You Don't Know Jack! Movies
  • You Don't Know Jack! Television
  • You Don't Know Jack! 1 + 2 + 3
  • Super House of Dead Ninjas
  • Shelter
  • Electronic Super Joy

To Go:
Typing of the Dead + DLC (Waiting for daily)
DayZ
Scribblenauts Unmasked
Blood Dragon

Gifts:
Costume Quest
CS: GO
Dust (hoping it on goes on daily)
other misc. GAF gifts

Grief.exe

Good thing you missed the bashing over the last few pages.
Anteater is correct, at the very least, the game will be a graphical showcase. Hopefully it conforms to your particular taste as well.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

When I switched to PC I felt the same but I think this is an analogy that helped me feel more comfortable with it.

On PC, games cost CONSIDERABLY less money.

When I purchase a game, I don't really look at it as buying the game as much as I look at it as buying the ability to play that game any time that I want.

I have a huge catalog of Steam games, most of which I'll probably never finish. But what I really like about it is that whenever I want, I have this huge selection of games I can choose from on a whim.

It's sort of like a Netflix but for games for me.

I don't look at it as buying the game, I look at it as buying the convenience to play the game whenever I want to.

mannerbot

My 2013 Steam Grabs + List:

Day 1:
  • CS: GO
  • Ballpoint Universe
  • Dishonored GOTY
  • BL2 XMAS DLC
  • You Don't Know Jack! Movies
  • You Don't Know Jack! Television
  • You Don't Know Jack! 1 + 2 + 3
  • Super House of Dead Ninjas
  • Shelter
  • Electronic Super Joy

To Go:
Typing of the Dead + DLC (Waiting for daily)
DayZ
Scribblenauts Unmasked
Blood Dragon

Gifts:
Costume Quest
CS: GO
Dust (hoping it on goes on daily)
other misc. GAF gifts

Typing of the Dead was a flash sale already I think. It's also been cheaper on other sites (GMG).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom