• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe I'm staying up til 5am EST so I can vote in the Community Choice category and collect my 1st Holiday sale card. I haven't spent more than $10 yet.

Can't believe I'm staying up til 5am EST so I can vote in the Community Choice category and collect my 1st Holiday sale card. I haven't spent more than $10 yet.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can vote any time in that 8 hour window and get the card. Get some sleep :p

edit: Also, you guys better buy King of Fighters during this sale! :mad:

feel

If I don't have a personal interest I vote on my favorite game, not my problem that people want the less popular games, I want to see my favorite game sell more copies (no, everyone doesn't have it).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can vote any time in that 8 hour window and get the card. Get some sleep :p

Yeah but since I have the day off from work, I'm a bit worried I might miss out on voting due to oversleeping and I don't really want to use an alert to wake me up. Plus there can be a slim chance of another Steam price error. I'm still kicking myself on not jumping on that $5 Bioshock Infinite Season Pass from earlier today.

Anteater

nah it's okay. i have a snow globe now.

anime18x6l47.gif

Does anyone know if it's possible to have more than one game running at once to get card drops? I have two games open, but I don't know if I will get cards for both games.

Yeah but since I have the day off from work, I'm a bit worried I might miss out on voting due to oversleeping and I don't really want to use an alert to wake me up. Plus there can be a slim chance of another Steam price error. I'm still kicking myself on not jumping on that $5 Bioshock Infinite Season Pass from earlier today.
Fair enough. Part of me thinks that those "pricing errors" aren't actually errors at all. Like they intentionally let a few games slip to a certain price for a tiny window.

But I'm a bit mad, so who knows?

Kadin

Toki Tori 2+ and Electronic Super Joy for $4.53. They both look decent... any strong opinions for or against either?

How in the flippin fuck does FTL win the flash vote?!?! Its a great game, but does everybody not have it yet?

I really wanted Dust and wouldn't have been unhappy with Shadowrun, either.

My only knock on Shadowrun is the lack of Steam Achievements. It has trading cards but no achievements? WTF?

Dust and Shadowrun get the Frost Seal of Approval though! :D

Bastard. That made me buy it. For real. It'd better be good!

Uh... (1) It's Platinum Games and (2) It's Metal Gear.
It's the best action game I've played in years.
I think it might be my favorite action game of all time.

The trailer on the Metal Gear Rising Steam page is so fucking HYPE. Never seen it before, so excited for this to hit Steam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op8mjKZxccM

Thomas Bergersen (Two Steps From Hell) really takes these to another level.

Wait until you play it!
The music in it is so good... I can't believe they didn't use any of the Jamie Christopherson stuff for the Steam/PC trailer.

Rules of Nature!

mrgone

How in the flippin fuck does FTL win the flash vote?!?! Its a great game, but does everybody not have it yet?

I really wanted Dust and wouldn't have been unhappy with Shadowrun, either.

They were both dailies during the Fall sale for the same price, so they'll likely both be dailies during this sale too

Jawmuncher

What is SAM? I am intrigued...

http://gib.me/sam/

It's a program that you can use to unlock steam achievements.
But everyone on SteamGAF just uses it for idling cards. Great when a large DL game gets updated with cards and you don't want to download the whole game to get a few cards.
Fare warning though the website top left corner has some language.

Danj

But everyone on SteamGAF just uses it for idling cards. Great when a large DL game gets updated with cards and you don't want to download the whole game to get a few cards.

Wait, what? You can use it even if you don't have the game installed? How does that work? Is there a risk of getting banned for using this?

Jawmuncher

Wait, what? You can use it even if you don't have the game installed? How does that work? Is there a risk of getting banned for using this?

Yeah it boots up the games ID so that it shows you as playing it.
As far as banning goes I won't say 100% no but me and many others have used it for idling cards. I've been using it for the past year. Last I recalled the game opening the appID can't be distinguished since it's the same code that would run if the game was installed on your computer.

JaseC can explain it better.

drgambit

Banned
I'm cleaning out my closet for the holidays... this is my first modbot giveaway so hopefully I didn't screw it up!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gish -- MB-DF4DA1E318E08A7F - Taken by random

Tizoc

Heaitant to buy anything off nuuvem. They got lost planet 3 for around $12 a tempting price. Steam might offer it for $15 i expect...

This will be amazing for getting those The Witcher 2 cards I am missing.

Divius

Someone just gifted me a Red Orchestra 2 guest pass, c-can I get cards from that?
:D

Also I feel I'm due for a foil, I can feel it!

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Waiting for dailies on Papers, Please, Rogue Legacy and Don't Starve, but otherwise will probably keep my wallet closed for bigger titles. Might be tempted by some smaller indies going on sale though.

Jawmuncher

Heaitant to buy anything off nuuvem. They got lost planet 3 for around $12 a tempting price. Steam might offer it for $15 i expect...

If they follow the lead from DmC earlier it should be 12.50
Since that would be 66% off correct? LP3 already had a weekly deal at 50% off a month or two ago. Not to mention LP3 wasn't on sale during the autumn sale so it just seems like it's gonna happen.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

Is it safe to use? I never did dabble with this

Well I just read the faq on the page and I guess it is safe, lol

Arthea

Someone enlighten me, if I wanna do giveaway with steam gift, how do I go about it? Buy it to my inventory? And then what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom