• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khronico

Alright, final batch of misc games I have for Giveaway. Be spent after this until I get paid at the end of the month for horror goodness. Misc keys I had take 3:

I'm not entering this, but still, shout out for the generosity.

My damage so far:
Nothing

I have this urge to buy something though. It's this sale atmosphere, it's deadly for the wallet.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Oh thank you! Yours as well!

Google image search ho!

Google image search, ho!

Take this oppurtunity for more Recettear images.

capitalism-620x.jpg

I think you guys have just convinced me to buy Recettear. And I don't even know much about this game at all.

I have a (probably stupid) question, though. Since I'm going to be building my PC tomorrow, I haven't downloaded Steam yet or made an account (I purchased Bioshock Infinite through Newegg and the redemption code is sitting in my Email at the moment). Do I need to download Steam before purchasing anything?

rav

I think you guys have just convinced me to buy Recettear. And I don't even know much about this game at all.

I have a (probably stupid) question, though. Since I'm going to be building my PC tomorrow, I haven't downloaded Steam yet or made an account (I purchased Bioshock Infinite through Newegg and the redemption code is sitting in my Email at the moment). Do I need to download Steam before purchasing anything?

Nope!
go here:
https://store.steampowered.com/login/
Click create account.
Fill out that jazz.
Once you have an account you can purchase through the webpage or mobile app.

Not entirely sure if you can add your Bioshock key from newegg on the webpage, as I mostly use the client for everything except DLC picking (Thanks Enhanced Steam! -- You might be interested in getting this plugin for your browser too. Check the main steam thread for more details.)

I just realized I now own 250 games. There was a time when I would have thought that was a lot... :p

Compared to JaseC? We've all got small collections...

You need to create an account if you want to purchase through the webstore.
But other than that, no.
If you get license keys that need to be redeemed, then you need to have Steam installed -- unlike Origin/Desura/etc. you can only redeem license keys on Steam using the client.

I forget them each year, so what are the hours when there are new choices to vote?

5:30 am

1:30 pm

21:30 pm

Is there more?

Every 8 hours, I think. So they change 3 times a day.

Seanspeed

Banned
How in the flippin fuck does FTL win the flash vote?!?! Its a great game, but does everybody not have it yet?

I really wanted Dust and wouldn't have been unhappy with Shadowrun, either.

Thought i'd share a few games i had

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Electronic Super Joy -- MB-F0EBDC994D187B85 - Taken by RibbedHero. 7 entrants total.
Audiosurf -- MB-A0F226DDFCA78701 - Taken by killertofu. 3 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! GOTY -- MB-76FC4F43997B9BB9 - Taken by slayzz. 1 entrants total.
BIT.TRIP RUNNER -- MB-15D40104AFD2FBBA - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 1 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-042C3479C6BBAB4A - Taken by foamdino. 1 entrants total.
Serious Sam: BFE: -- MB-D1BD1CED5CB689DE - Taken by Camel Master. 3 entrants total.

t1387528657z1.png

slayzz

How in the flippin fuck does FTL win the flash vote?!?! Its a great game, but does everybody not have it yet?

Yup it doesn't make any sense. FLT was even part of a humble bundle in the past too. thought most people would have it by now.

Knurek

If it's anything like previous sales, both of these should be up later as dailies (I am aware that there were a few cases where this has not been the case).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
From the Age 2 HD launcher:

04575d5d-a019-4e42-b416-18702bb43b04.jpg

Microsoft puts about as much effort into its promo images as it does GFWL.

Was it also the cheapest game? I remember last sale, even if a game had already gone on sale before you could be almost certain that the cheapest game or biggest discount was going to be voted for.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I just realized I now own 250 games. There was a time when I would have thought that was a lot... :p

Compared to JaseC? We've all got small collections...

It's not the amount of games one has, it's how much we get from having them in our collection, for whatever reason we get them. Appreciate what you have, not how much others have.

I'm quite surprised to discover just how much I'm enjoying Zombie Bowl-o-Rama, which I'm thankful to Dusk Golem for. One wouldn't think much about a game devoted entirely to bowling over zombies in the time honoured tradition first acted upon elves back in the early days of Windows 98, but here I am have a lot of fun and finding a respectable amount of variety and depth to how best to bowl and how best to mess up the opponent during their turns to bowl.
Standard aspects of digital bowling so as not to confuse in any way once you grasp the controls. Lining up the shot and choosing a power setting is as simple as moving the mouse left or right and then up or down, allowing quite the exact amount of angle, pitch, and power one desires.
Some power ups let balls do silly things like explode, send bees to kill zombies, act like a pinball for multiple attempts to take down zombies (aka pins) which is perfect for spares, and so forth. Other power ups let you mess up your opponent's turn to bowl, making their ball heavier, lighter, slippery, cut in half, etc. Be warned they can affect your ball and field too.

All in a silly cartoonish zombie apocalypse that while not original nor clever, is not insulting or tiresome unlike those elves of years gone by in the North Pole (which makes even less sense to me than zombies). It's something I'm bound to get a few hours or more out of, playing it off and on for several years between larger and more involved games. Surprisingly a good pallet cleanser.

By no means is it a must buy or even a go out and get during this sale if you have other times to pick up, but it is something I don't believe should be outright ignored. If you want a simple, fun, silly little title, it's not a bad one to get if cheap enough to pick up. Should be a demo at Big Fish's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom