• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroNeeko

What's the point of getting a foil anyways. I mean, why would you want to buy it off the market - does it give you foil profile backgrounds or something?

waby

I'm new to Steam Sales. I'm kinda overwhelmed with all of this lol. I just bought Mirror's Edge at flash sales because I haven't played that. Still level 1 in steam soooooo..

I just want to ask about the NoLurker clause of ModBot. what Steam thread? lol

Please guide this young padawan.

Toki767

I'm new to Steam Sales. I'm kinda overwhelmed with all of this lol. I just bought Mirror's Edge at flash sales because I haven't played that. Still level 1 in steam soooooo..

This current one.

It just occured to me that Valve is dabbling in the Freemium/Puzzle and Dragon gambling for digital items scheme with the Snow Globe crafting. The difference is that they're not selling the cards/magic stones themselves but the market decides the price for them so there are less reasons to be upset.

But with the Common/Uncommon/☆Rare☆ crafting rewards, it's basically the same thing, isn't it?

EDIT: Trading cards have pretty much always been that actually, now that i think about it. It's just exacerbated through the extremely rare rewards this time around.

Jawmuncher

If Stump set it up I believe 5 posts in this thread should make you eligible for games.
Since the actual OT gets locked whenever a sale arrives.

As for Steam levels the more games you own and the more badges you craft from trading cards will have that number go up.

Kabouter

You should try farming simulator, now that is something :p

WVBIEx3.png

:X

Screenshot I took:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Retuobak/screenshot/597017828193645542

The_Monk

To be fair, to be fair...! This seems like one of those very relaxing games that you go and play after a long day of work/school/etc.

Not sure about those other Sim games. This is also available on the Vita, I believe? But it's a smaller version.

EDIT: And the game kinda looks pretty, actually!

Salsa

well if anyone's willing to get me Rising from gamefly let me know and ill sneak out of work to charge the money to pay you then. Sucks theyre so picky about region

waby

If Stump set it up I believe 5 posts in this thread should make you eligible for games.
Since the actual OT gets locked whenever a sale arrives.

As for Steam levels the more games you own and the more badges you craft from trading cards will have that number go up.

I hate Steam's achievements, badges and level features. It makes my virtual wallet cry :'(

I have a lot of backlogs from previous years to play so poverty here I come!

No Metal Gear Rising here in Ireland. Doesn't show up in the search and there's a pretty obvious gap in the tiles of main sales. I'm guessing it's just not up for pre-order here.

There's a tile with a picture missing as the second-highest selling game (for €29.99), but when I click on it it does nothing but reload the main storefront. That's not it, is it? I hope they're not thinking of charging €30 for a $20 game over here...

Jawmuncher

No Metal Gear Rising here in Ireland. Doesn't show up in the search and there's a pretty obvious gap in the tiles of main sales. I'm guessing it's just not up for pre-order here.

There's a tile with a picture missing as the second-highest selling game (for €29.99), but when I click on it it does nothing but reload the main storefront. That's not it, is it? I hope they're not thinking of charging €30 for a $20 game over here...

The 20 price is a preorder incentive.
The MSRP is 30. Aside from that it looks like it's not available in your region at least on the store, You're probably better off going to amazon.com and buying it there if you really want it.

Divius

Yeah it's not there. You're not the first Irish GAFfer to wonder about that in here. It's really weird.

Dr Dogg

Oh that reminds me. Has anyone put their Alice key into Origin?

Can't remember if you only got the first game from Origin/EADM purchases or if it worked with retail/DD keys.

Aerocrane

I thought Metal Gear Rising was going to be the only game I'd buy for myself from this Steam sale, but I just picked up few DCS addons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom