• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shepard

Just bought the D&D megapack from gamersgate. First time I'll play these games and 4,99 for the Baldur's gates, Icewind dales, planescape torment and The Temple of Elemental Evil is not too shabby. No steam though.

It was a cute idea/experience, but the game of course couldnt live up to the hype. You start out by controlling the creation yourself, then evolving. The best part of the game is showing promise of what a truly great game could look like in a few years if the concept of Spore is executed properly. It was worth playing/experiencing it, but its not a particularly good game.

I still rememr reading about this game before the launch, the idea sounded amazing but I never played and then I read a lot of critics saying tge game didn't match the hype.

Deques

Square Enix Surprise Christmas Bundle Contents for the Euro Bros

Just Cause 2 (RRP £9.99/€14.99)
Hitman: Blood Money (RRP £6.99/€8.99)
Tomb Raider (RRP £29.99/€49.99)
Dungeon Siege III (RRP £9.99/€14.99)

The surprise pack was surprisingly bad (in my opinion)

I think the general consensus is that it's awful.

I would just wait for Team Meat's Mewgenics or whatever it's called.
It was a cute idea/experience, but the game of course couldnt live up to the hype. You start out by controlling the creation yourself, then evolving. The best part of the game is showing promise of what a truly great game could look like in a few years if the concept of Spore is executed properly. It was worth playing/experiencing it, but its not a particularly good game.
Thanks for saving me $5

Just bought the D&D megapack from gamersgate. First time I'll play these games and 4,99 for the Baldur's gates, Icewind dales, planescape torment and The Temple of Elemental Evil is not too shabby. No steam though.

This is my favorite deal this season. $5 for all five Infinity Engine games with expansions, DRM free? Best bang for buck I've ever seen.

Jawmuncher

Is this the "Surprise gift" bundle some people got?

Yep it is. Not a bad haul but JaseC owns all of it.

You saved me some work there.

Sequence is 1.24 on Steam
http://store.steampowered.com/app/200910/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1

Tenrius

By the way, did you know that there is a gaffer in The Last Express credits? His name is Eric Stromberger! I somewhat failed this screenshot, but you can see it:

CA82BF8D3984B99790C8FCA68368C2A6AFEC6223

Just thought it was funny (I know what does the word "gaffer" actually means in this context).

Likely to get buried very quickly but could someone please recommend some games that don't revolve around killing? I need a break.

Can be Indie, AAA or anything in between. Racer, platformer, adventure whatever goes.

My burnt out gamer-self with two weeks holidays thanks you in advance!

Tenrius

Likely to get buried very quickly but could someone please recommend some games that don't revolve around killing? I need a break.

Can be Indie, AAA or anything in between. Racer, platformer, adventure whatever goes.

See the post above you. The Last Express is very solid, unique and pretty cheap to boot.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm not sure are you all really that much into sims, or it's just mild trolling (><)

here is another sim in the making
iVqwXwc6vh6LO.gif

Jasec is making it ;)

Haha, one of these days I'll put up... something. Might as well make use of my ill-fated attempt to hit 2k with the SGSF. ;)

To the moon, Speedrunners, Two Tribes complete pack, Gone Home, the Stanley Parable, Sonic All Star Racing Transformed. Also check the thread Toma linked.

dani_dc

Square Enix Surprise Christmas Bundle Contents for the Euro Bros

Just Cause 2 (RRP £9.99/€14.99)
Hitman: Blood Money (RRP £6.99/€8.99)
Tomb Raider (RRP £29.99/€49.99)
Dungeon Siege III (RRP £9.99/€14.99)

Uh, that's actually pretty good.
Now I wish I had gotten it.

That's what I get for expecting mostly old games that I already owned.

FloatOn

World of Goo was a breath of fresh air years ago when I played it. Currently 75% off meaning $2.50

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22000

also pinball fx2 is a good non-killing palette cleanser. lots of tables are cheap if you missed the humble bundle a few weeks back.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I love that Revengeance it's the second best seller. I hope this will mean more big japanese titles on PC. (Looking at MGSV and Platinum's output :lol)

Also, Spore is third? What the hell?

man binary domain is hella fun, the controls are great

Wish they'd port the Yakuza games over

sarcasm, right?
I loved the story, AI and hit detection binary domain but the controls are literally (seriously) the worst mouse controls to ever appear in a game, EVEN worse than bioshock 1-2 (and infinite)

The game emulates an analog stick, there is no actual mouse aim in this game, it's not even about aim acceleration or anything
There is no shooter with worse controls than this, ever , it's worse than resident evil 4

inter

Was really close to buying Metal Gear until I saw minimum system requirement on the processor is an i5. I have an i3-3220; will I even be able to get it to run?

Jawmuncher

sarcasm, right?
I loved the story, AI and hit detection binary domain but the controls are literally (seriously) the worst mouse controls to ever appear in a game, EVEN worse than bioshock 1-2 (and infinite)

The game emulates an analog stick, there is no actual mouse aim in this game, it's not even about aim acceleration or anything
There is no shooter with worse controls than this, ever , it's worse than resident evil 4

There's your problem.
You didn't play with the superior controller.

rtcn63

Was really close to buying Metal Gear until I saw minimum system requirement on the processor is an i5. I have an i3-3220; will I even be able to get it to run?

Probably. The difference between an i3 and i5 in many games that aren't CPU bound (MMORPG, RTS) is often minimal.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
mOcbrsu.gif

I updated the prices for the Steam Sale Indie Games thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621131

Made it for the summer sale, had it renamed and now repurposed for the current sale. If anyone has new entries for that list that he recommends (since tons of games released since summer), make sure to post it over there (see OP for how to format).

Volcynika

Well SteamGAF, eye surgery I mentioned yesterday happens in two hours. Hopefully will be ready to see the new daily deals. See you guys on the other side! :eek:

Also, Spore is third? What the hell?

People seem to have a compulsion to fill their steam libraries with terrible crap just b/c its on sale.

Store: "Hey guys we have a bag of shit here"

Customer: "Eww WTF is wrong with you?"

Store: "It's on sale during steam winter sale"

Customer: "TAKE MY MONEY!!!!"

Also opinions are opinions so in theory some people might actually consider Spore fun? In theory....

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
sarcasm, right?

Played with M+KB just fine.
Then again, I played Dead Space and Bioshock like this too.

Hasney

People seem to have a compulsion to fill their steam libraries with terrible crap just b/c its on sale.

Store: "Hey guys we have a bag of shit here"

Customer: "Eww WTF is wrong with you?"

Store: "It's on sale during steam winter sale"

Customer: "TAKE MY MONEY!!!!"

Also opinions are opinions so in theory some people might actually consider Spore fun? In theory....

I had a great time with Spore. I'd buy it right now if the price wasn't stupid in the UK compared to the US one.

DDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYY

1370028777281.gif

3YayzDR.png

If someone knows someone who knows anyone who is related to the Steam sale, it would be nice to have a sale on this as well as the Tom Clancy series (the game collector in me is missing these gems from my collection)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom