• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was speaking more in general terms or rather asking that are daily sales the lowest? or are flash and community sales?

image.php

Read the OP

waitforthedailiesyoubastard™

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I sold all my unwanted cards (read: all) including one from this sale for just a bit over £1.50, not bad :)

If I had known that the
fucking
snow ball cards will go up in price I wouldn't have sold them for .25c before the seal. I thought they were going to be just like those useless summer seal cards and go for .10 :(

Yeah I sold my #8 for 49c. As the market floods with them and the lower value items from crafting I imagine the cards will continue to crash to the teens if not lower near the end of the sale. At the end people will probably speculate on getting good items and hoover up the really cheap cards before they are gone forever and the price will go up a bit. But I can't imagine there they will ever be 50+ cents again!

It's interesting that none of the Unparalleled items have been crafted yet. Either the change is infinitesimally low or there is something else that needs to be done to get them. Of course there could only be one!

*sigh* Sales threads... where all the crap starts flowing outta the woodworks.

no kidding dude

If I had known that the
fucking
snow ball cards will go up in price I wouldn't have sold them for .25c before the seal. I thought they were going to be just like those useless summer seal cards and go for .10 :(

i'm actually wondering if they'll spike near the end. With them disappearing after the sale, there obviously won't be a way to craft the badge anymore. Might hold on to a few just in case.

Kifimbo

I'm actually wondering if they'll spike near the end. With them disappearing after the sale, there obviously won't be a way to craft the badge anymore. Might hold on to a few just in case.

The price will likely drop a lot in the next few days, because the market will be flooded with cards. Near the end, there is probably be a slight bump.

Vodh

Went to buy Alice. Says I already own it. Feels let down for not being able to buy it.

We've all been there. As an exercise, view your games library in a grid style and pretend for a moment they are all suddenly on the daily. See if that gets you excited to buy them.
Worked for me...

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
no kidding dude

i'm actually wondering if they'll spike near the end. With them disappearing after the sale, there obviously won't be a way to craft the badge anymore. Might hold on to a few just in case.

IMO they will go down because there are so many and since you can't sell them after the sale either it makes sense for them to go down.

oipic

Replaying the game, surprisingly, proved less tedious than I'd expected. I'm no more than a few hours away from being up to where I was originally, so soon enough I'll be able to put the familiarity behind me.

A lesser man would've walked away after losing their save the way you did, Jase - any suggestion that you merely collect and not play your games should forever be put to bed by how well-naturedly you went about getting stuck into it again. Respect! (and it perhaps says something about the game itself, too)

Sure, there may be an element of some mild OCD-related tendencies at play behind this... but all the same, it's impressive. ;)

I (very clumsily, due to my own error) lost a 100+ hour Football Manager save back in the day, when I was involved with both its data research and beta testing teams... and sulked like the sulkiest man-child for weeks. I was starting (and soon stopping) many other short-term saves repeatedly as part of the testing process, but that save was my long-term 'personal' one, and with FM, simply getting back to where you were is impossible, of course... so yeah, dark days, with much brooding etc.

So I'm pretty uneducated on the whole trading cards system....

Is there any reason I shouldn't sell this snow globe trading card right now?

The price will likely drop a lot in the next few days, because the market will be flooded with cards. Near the end, there is probably be a slight bump.

IMO they will go down because there are so many and since you can't sell them after the sale either it makes sense for them to go down.

I think we learned after Summer seal it's hard to speculate on the market. Guess i'll just sell them now!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Sold my Holiday Sale card for $0.53 right out of the gate. I hope they stay that high throughout the sale.
I even thought about crafting the badge but... nah. Might as well capitalize while I can since these will be temporary.

Arthea

I think we learned after Summer seal it's hard to speculate on the market. Guess i'll just sell them now!

I see some people doing it in very serious manner, for example buying hundreds of the same card (I suppose buying all cheap ones at the moment they occur) and keeping price high. There is one thing I don't understand, I thought using buying bots would get you banned, but it seems not.

Kifimbo

It was hard because it was the first sale with special cards. Now, the sample size is still low (we only have one "data point"), but it obvious the supply of cards will explode and the demand will, at best, stay the same. Thus prices will collapse.

oipic

If anyone's considering Monaco - get it. It's great.

Special recommendation for everyone who liked Hotline Miami and Gunpoint. Monaco is definitely different (just like those two were very different) but for some reason it just seemed like the same 'category', if not exactly the same genre.

Hi Vodh - are you playing solo, or co-op with some buddies? I've held off on Monaco in fear of it perhaps not holding up well as a single-player experience, as some have suggested.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
If anyone's considering Monaco - get it. It's great.

Special recommendation for everyone who liked Hotline Miami and Gunpoint. Monaco is definitely different (just like those two were very different) but for some reason it just seemed like the same 'category', if not exactly the same genre.

Sold me. It looks fun.

It was hard because it was the first sale with special cards. Now, the sample size is still low (we only have one "data point"), but it obvious the supply of cards will explode and the demand will, at best, stay the same. Thus prices will collapse.

fair enough. Just sold my first one for $.50.

I'm ok with this

jred2k

I got a foil snow globe this morning from the community vote. If it sells for the price I put up it will be like I bought the BI season pass for $1.20.

Falifax

Mewy Chwistmas!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tomb Raider -- MB-1B1402A3A7FF211E - Taken by snack
Just Cause 2 -- MB-CCB05259AA54B656 - Taken by Deques

I see some people doing it in very serious manner, for example buying hundreds of the same card (I suppose buying all cheap ones at the moment they occur) and keeping price high. There is one thing I don't understand, I thought using buying bots would get you banned, but it seems not.

I was selling off my Garry's Mod cards about a week ago and one guy had the first 12 pages of cards. Either he was using a bot or that's some serious dedication to make no more than a cent or two each on his 8c listings.

derExperte

Somehow the first wait for the new dailies is always the worst for me. So here's something to pass the time:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Call of Duty Black Ops 2* -- MB-38EF5DA2DCBE4BF6

*Nuketown map included

header_292x136.jpg

t1387560158z1.png

a) If the key doesn't work, pm me as I had two and might have confused them.
b) When registering it will say something like DE for the German version but it's uncut, no restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom