• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

I'm a big fan of Torchlight II, put more time than in Path of Exile and Diablo 3. The beginning is pretty slow though, and you likely really won't get into it until the second act. But for $5... no major complaints.

Gurthang

Banned
What's the PC game available now that is kind of similar to Forza? I don't want to be a complete simulation and I don't want it to be a ridiculous over the top racing like NFS and burnout

Honey Bunny

Sold my Holiday Sale card for $0.53 right out of the gate. I hope they stay that high throughout the sale.

I'm gonna play the long game with these ones and hope they get scarce in a year's time. I also just sold my first foil and still can't believe people will pay this much for what these cards offer.

derExperte

sure add jaked22 on steam if we're not already friends

Thx. :)

I guess the bonus content for ESJ only contained the soundtrack + digital poster. Some people felt misled by the store's description, thinking they'll also get extra levels. That disappointment didn't last too long :)

It definitely confused me. But I got the game through a bundle so I'm not feeling too bad about the few cents. And the dev is indeed a nice person, listening to suggestions and complaints.

I'm gonna play the long game with these ones and hope they get scarce in a year's time. I also just sold my first foil and still can't believe people will pay this much for what these cards offer.

The cards will disappear after the sale.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Assassin's Creed Liberation HD pre-order is $4 on GMG with $0.10 credit (= total $3.90) after coupon GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49. NA version only.

Is this the real life?

Honey Bunny

Thx. :)

It definitely confused me. But I got the game through a bundle so I'm not feeling too bad about the few cents. And the dev is indeed a nice person, listening to suggestions and complaints.

The cards will disappear after the sale.

Oh gosh, I thought they meant they'll stop being dropped after the sale. Thanks :/

Baha

The cards are going to disappear when the sale ends though...

[edit]Beaten.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Just played some alice, man the game looks good, especially the intro area, I think U3E kind of ruined some of the art, I just hate the distant fog/depth of field when you explore the outdoor areas, everything a platform away look completely washed out, like most other U3E games.

Physx is kind of broken too, smoke effect dropped my framerate by like... 30fps, guess I'll just play with it on low.
You know the framerate's locked, right? Click for fix.

Never been a big fan of Physx, but Alice made me love it. Especially those haireffect. Better then TressFX, IMO.
Brilliant platformer. Loved how the story is told primarily through the environment and hidden goodies.

Have fun! :)

oh they'll be scarce alright...

Assassin's Creed Liberation HD pre-order is $4 on GMG with $0.10 credit (= total $3.90) after coupon GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49. NA version only.

Is this the real life?

UPlay Client: UPlay client required to play.

Nope, not real life.

kulapik

Somehow the first wait for the new dailies is always the worst for me. So here's something to pass the time:

a) If the key doesn't work, pm me as I had two and might have confused them.
b) When registering it will say something like DE for the German version but it's uncut, no restrictions.

Thank you!

JakeD

i know the steam version requires uplay anyway, so getting the uplay version is technically better, but my brain is broken and i won't buy it anyway because it won't be in my steam library

Nabs

i know the steam version requires uplay anyway, so getting the uplay version is technically better, but my brain is broken and i won't buy it anyway because it won't be in my steam library

Not better when you have to deal with updates through Uplay.

you_are_already_dead-nhmb4.jpg

Should we call someone?

It's too late for me. Save yourselves...

SOME MMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Anteater

You know the framerate's locked, right? Click for fix.

Never been a big fan of Physx, but Alice made me love it. Especially those haireffect. Better then TressFX, IMO.
Brilliant platformer. Loved how the story is told primarily through the environment and hidden goodies.

Have fun! :)

Yeah, I have my framerate unlocked, physx on high would drop my framerate from 60fps to 30 :( have to put it on low.

Good thing is that it doesn't affect the hair so it still looks really good! Just no smoke physics.

Edit: oh I deleted some physx dlls and it runs better now on 1080p :eek:

Vodh

Man, I attempted this but nobody seemed to be interested in communicating and I'm pretty sure I got the boot for saying "hello" over my mic. Was pretty discouraging! I'll have to give it another go this weekend since it seems a lot more new people are picking up the game, so hopefully I'll have a better experience with a group of similar skill level (a.k.a. "completely clueless").

But that's the best way!

A bunch of goofy dirty criminals banding together and being silly while actually achieving goals, feels like exactly the way the game was supposed to be experienced when you first jump in.

chronomac

I knew a couple people who tried that with the Summer Sale and it didn't work too well, not that it won't now. Just proceed with caution.

Omega

Banned
Gonna pass because its uPlay only.

same reason why I hope uPlay shuts down before The Division releases.

It's a Ubisoft game, so chances are it'll be in development hell for 3 years. Hoping they realize that uPlay is an unnecessary piece of shit and they shut it down by then.

i wouldn't even take a uplay game for free. I traded my Far Cry 3 last year for Demons Souls and Fallout NV because I didn't even want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom