• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanathus

Somehow the first wait for the new dailies is always the worst for me. So here's something to pass the time:

a) If the key doesn't work, pm me as I had two and might have confused them.
b) When registering it will say something like DE for the German version but it's uncut, no restrictions.

Holy shit that's a crazy giveaway! Wait, is BLOPs 2 cheap somewhere?

JakeD

Somehow the first wait for the new dailies is always the worst for me. So here's something to pass the time:

a) If the key doesn't work, pm me as I had two and might have confused them.
b) When registering it will say something like DE for the German version but it's uncut, no restrictions.

nice! i've kept blops 2 installed since a free weekend because i enjoyed it a lot and was pretty sure i'd buy it eventually

nice! i've kept blops 2 installed since a free weekend because i enjoyed it a lot and was pretty sure i'd buy it eventually

I wish Acti would just sell just the mutliplayer for $30 (or less). I do not care about co-op or single player in Call of Duty and I do not wan't to pay for something I will not play.

Vodh

Hi Vodh - are you playing solo, or co-op with some buddies? I've held off on Monaco in fear of it perhaps not holding up well as a single-player experience, as some have suggested.

Tried a little bit solo and it becomes a different animal entirely. The game definitely becomes harder, but for that price even if it turned out a bit too hard for your liking it's well worth a try. Co-op with randoms is actually pretty great, especially if you just plunge in first thing after you instal the game - you'll have no idea what's going on and it's still gonna be great. Fits just right with the silly storytelling. And co-op with buddies is definitely where the game shines, no doubt about it.

Still worth it for single-player IMO. Wouldn't have regretted if I got this game when it was more than twice the current price.

RS4-

I wish Acti would just sell just the mutliplayer for $30 (or less). I do not care about co-op or single player in Call of Duty and I do not wan't to pay for something I will not play.

This is how I feel about some games that have MP and campaign/story. I'd have no problems paying $20 for only the MP portion of COD and BF.

Decker

got Monaco, it's an incredibly fun game especially when played with friends, even though at the beginning it's a little confusing

also supports local co-op

what can you guys tell me about these flash sales:

- Spore 5$ (though I an see to get together with the two expansions you need to pay 15$)
- Torchlight II 5$
- Alice 5$

oipic

Tried a little bit solo and it becomes a different animal entirely. The game definitely becomes harder, but for that price even if it turned out a bit too hard for your liking it's well worth a try. Co-op with randoms is actually pretty great, especially if you just plunge in first thing after you instal the game - you'll have no idea what's going on and it's still gonna be great. Fits just right with the silly storytelling. And co-op with buddies is definitely where the game shines, no doubt about it.

Still worth it for single-player IMO. Wouldn't have regretted if I got this game when it was more than twice the current price.

Great, thanks mate, sounds good. That helps a lot, much appreciated - cheers. :)

Seanspeed

Banned
Very nice giveaway Experte. Hopefully the people that join in the raffle *really* do want the game and will play it and not just add it to a huge backlog.

Deques

got Monaco, it's an incredibly fun game especially when played with friends, even though at the beginning it's a little confusing

- Spore 5$ (though I an see to get together with the two expansions you need to pay 15$)
- Torchlight II 5$
- Alice 5$

Torchlight 2 is a fun game if you like dungeon crawler games
Alice is lengthy game. It's fun at the beginning, but gets boring because of the way too big levels it has

waby

- Torchlight II 5$
- Alice 5$

Spore is a very big sandbox game. Rule the milky way if you want.

Torchlight II is a diablo like system, well you know the rest.

Alice Madness Returns a action psychological game. Try putting DmC like combat plus Alice in Wonderland characters plus Nightmare before Christmas-ish. lol

yoshizzle

I guess the bonus content for ESJ only contained the soundtrack + digital poster. Some people felt misled by the store's description, thinking they'll also get extra levels. That disappointment didn't last too long :)

GSvfR6z.png

http://steamcommunity.com/app/244870/discussions/0/630800443241236245/#c630800443254361466

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A lesser man would've walked away after losing their save the way you did, Jase - any suggestion that you merely collect and not play your games should forever be put to bed by how well-naturedly you went about getting stuck into it again. Respect! (and it perhaps says something about the game itself, too)

Sure, there may be an element of some mild OCD-related tendencies at play behind this... but all the same, it's impressive. ;)

I (very clumsily, due to my own error) lost a 100+ hour Football Manager save back in the day, when I was involved with both its data research and beta testing teams... and sulked like the sulkiest man-child for weeks. I was starting (and soon stopping) many other short-term saves repeatedly as part of the testing process, but that save was my long-term 'personal' one, and with FM, simply getting back to where you were is impossible, of course... so yeah, dark days, with much brooding etc.

That wouldn't have happened if you were playing the Korean version. :p

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Tried a little bit solo and it becomes a different animal entirely. The game definitely becomes harder, but for that price even if it turned out a bit too hard for your liking it's well worth a try. Co-op with randoms is actually pretty great, especially if you just plunge in first thing after you instal the game - you'll have no idea what's going on and it's still gonna be great. Fits just right with the silly storytelling. And co-op with buddies is definitely where the game shines, no doubt about it..
Man, I attempted this but nobody seemed to be interested in communicating and I'm pretty sure I got the boot for saying "hello" over my mic. Was pretty discouraging! I'll have to give it another go this weekend since it seems a lot more new people are picking up the game, so hopefully I'll have a better experience with a group of similar skill level (a.k.a. "completely clueless").

Anteater

sarcasm, right?
I loved the story, AI and hit detection binary domain but the controls are literally (seriously) the worst mouse controls to ever appear in a game, EVEN worse than bioshock 1-2 (and infinite)

The game emulates an analog stick, there is no actual mouse aim in this game, it's not even about aim acceleration or anything
There is no shooter with worse controls than this, ever , it's worse than resident evil 4

I'm using a controller, lol. It's really responsive and the character controls well, at least compared to other TPSes out this gen.

Remnants from the Square christmas pack

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Just Cause 2 -- MB-A708BAEDB5D8684C - Taken by Kirosia
Dungeon Siege III -- MB-659D82C7278A3AE8 - Taken by fernandes

drgambit

Banned
Can anyone recommend La mulana? It looks interesting.

If you like demons/dark souls, you will love La Mulana. Take notes, because you will need a pen and paper for all the little clues in there... its a real hard game, but satisfying when you defeat your first boss...

Decker

Spore is a very big sandbox game. Rule the milky way if you want.

Torchlight II is a diablo like system, well you know the rest.

Alice Madness Returns a action psychological game. Try putting DmC like combat plus Alice in Wonderland characters plus Nightmare before Christmas-ish. lol

Torchlight 2 is a fun game if you like dungeon crawler games
Alice is lengthy game. It's fun at the beginning, but gets boring because of the way too big levels it has

Thanks I might give a shot at Torchlight II

Is it better than Torchlight 1 ? I have not even finished it because I got bored after a couple of dungeons

Acccent

Can anyone recommend La mulana? It looks interesting.

I think it's terrible. There might be interesting puzzles and level design that I haven't seen, but to me it mostly seemed like a matter of hitting a switch and then simply not knowing what it'd unlocked. And the gameplay is atrocious... I mean, people say it's hard, but it's not because it's 'actually' hard like Super Meat boy or a Megaman for instance; it's because you're constantly struggling to do what you have in mind, it's not responsive, it's too rigid... urk

edit: and I love the Souls games.

73V3N

Banned
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-59440CCF440896F7 - Taken by waby. 1 entrants total.

t1387552237z1.png

Let me know if it doesn't work.

Anteater

Just played some alice, man the game looks good, especially the intro area, I think U3E kind of ruined some of the art, I just hate the distant fog/depth of field when you explore the outdoor areas, everything a platform away look completely washed out, like most other U3E games.

Physx is kind of broken too, smoke effect dropped my framerate by like... 30fps, guess I'll just play with it on low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom