• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

Somehow the first wait for the new dailies is always the worst for me. So here's something to pass the time:

a) If the key doesn't work, pm me as I had two and might have confused them.
b) When registering it will say something like DE for the German version but it's uncut, no restrictions.

Thanks for the raffle, a very generous one.

lordkosc

If you get Liberation through GMG, you'll have to play it through the uPlay Client

I've just learned to suck it up , else I'd of never played the new Anno 2070 or Settlers 7.

I think FC3 Blood Dragon was uPlay also, and if I recall it lost all my saves TWICE Not fun replaying the tutorial twice.

Uplay really does suck, looking back now.

drgambit

Banned
Well it looks like due to the snow, I will be stuck at work... time to clean out my closet some more...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Humble Indie Bundle 3 Steam Key -- MB-07C34DE4580CA107

t1387564748z1.png

After a successful first giveaway I decided to do another one in celebration of my not being a cheap ass and BTA-ing on a HB for once. HB gift links, so have your login info handy.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Revenge of the Titans -- MB-4545467790D588C2 - Taken by Shambles

Li Kao

I'm gonna play the long game with these ones and hope they get scarce in a year's time. I also just sold my first foil and still can't believe people will pay this much for what these cards offer.

Mmh, excuse me if I'm reading you wrong but it is stated in the Christmas card faq that they will disappear once the event is finished.

maneil99

Wow, woke up this morning to see suikoder gifted me Recettear, thanks alot, will give it a try! Also thanks to Dusk Golem for train simulator 12.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Hey guys did I miss anything since the last flash sale?

Also if anyone needs help getting Alice for $5 I can help out.

Only three important news today so far:

1) Coke Zero has three times the Sodium that Regular Coke has. Zero KCal, Zero Carbs, but Three Times the Salt. Coke Zero is Salty! That's the taste I could never figure out, and it's straight up salt.

2) I upgraded my internet to 200mbit but my Asus RT-N16 router has a 140 mbit WAN-LAN Throughput limit, so I'll prolly just downgrade back to 100mbit.

3) Assassin's Creed Liberation HD UPlay copy is 4 dollars on GreenManGaming

Yeah the critic reviews are mixed, the user reviews seem positive. Interesting......

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/assassins-creed-iii-liberation

I played both Liberation (last year on Vita) and AC3 (this year) and of the two, I preferred Liberation. Both suffer from the same kinds of issues--overzealous guards in town attacking you en masse if you so much as blink funny, really annoying mission design at times, frustrating side missions (hello almanac pages and timed chases). But because Liberation is substantially shorter and arguably a more likeable character/setting, it's more tolerable than in AC3. Liberation misses out on AC3's naval missions, which a lot of people liked, so there is that.

Honey Bunny

I'm waiting for it to become free via PS+ for the Vita. It's inevitable, already got AC3 that way.

Smart. I got it bundled just so I could get the white Vita in a black friday sale. It's serviceable as a handheld game but I don't think it'll hold any value as a pc/console experience unless the changes are more than cosmetic.

derExperte

Only three important news today so far:

1) Coke Zero has three times the Sodium that Regular Coke has. Zero KCal, Zero Carbs, but Three Times the Salt. Coke Zero is Salty! That's the taste I could never figure out, and it's straight up salt.

Is that bad? I drink about 1l of Coke Zero every one or two days.

Question: can I only craft a snow globe bade with the 10 specific cards listed? Presumably the cards I get from voting will match up with those specific 10 if so?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Are you really getting 200mbit though? I've never got the maximum speed out of any provider.

Yes. If I plug the Fiber Modem (Fiber internet doesn't really use Modems, but you know) directly into my computer, I get 190/50. If I plug it to the router, I get 135/50.

The Phone Company is delivering a new router today (I have a company provided router, but I don't use it) and that will probably support the 200mbit throughput, but it'll probably have shitty software and shitty support for a high number of simultaneous sockets open anyway.

AsylumX

1/3 of a 600ml bottle has 1% of your daily intake of salt.

That can't be good, if you take into consideration that we already oversalt every single food we eat.

Wait... so i have to drink 20 litres of Coke Zero a day to achieve the recommended intake of salt. I think that is pretty low, considering that recommendations are always on the lower side...

drizzle

Axel Hertz
No. It has three times the salt but it is still low in Salt. Plus salt is not bad for you unless you have some pre-existing existing medical problems.

28mg of salt per 200ml of liquid is low?

Wait... so i have to drink 20 litres of Coke Zero a day to achieve the recommended intake of salt. I think that is pretty low, considering that recommendations are always on the lower side...

I guess? It's worse if you have Blood Pressure problems, but I don't know, I can actually taste it now...

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Question: can I only craft a snow globe bade with the 10 specific cards listed? Presumably the cards I get from voting will match up with those specific 10 if so?

Every three votes gets you one of the ten snow globe cards. You need one of each to make the badge, but voting might get you duplicates of the same card so you're not guaranteed to get them all without trading/purchasing them.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
It was probably already asked, but are the sales going on for 48 hours like they normally do? Just want to make sure I'm safe on holding off from grabbing MGS for a little bit longer.

I bought Conflict: Desert Storm for Steam on GMG for about $1.40 after the coupon. I got it just for the nostalgia. I rented it a few time from blockbuster for my PS2 back when I was a kid.
dHGxP1J.jpg

mug

Ugh I need to sit down and play dishonored one of these days - I was only able to get through the opening tutorial.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Wondering if I should hold out for a daily deal on Euro Truck sim. Want to get it + the expansion. It's already cheap but I'd feel like an idiot if I bought it and it went lower.

Grief.exe

Yeah, but there's a finite supply since they only dropped for a week and a half. Eventually it'll begin to dry up and prices will increase.

With 50,000 cards on the market and only an aesthetic reason to own the badges, I don't think you will ever see a price increase that is beyond irrelevant.

The demand for them is just so low.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
With 50,000 cards on the market and only an aesthetic reason to own the badges, I don't think you will ever see a price increase that is beyond irrelevant.

The number of active Steam users ballooned by 30% over the past year and the badge will be coveted by new users interested in the system simply because they missed the boat on it. Supply will start to run thin at some point -- certainly not soon, but in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom