• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrs

Any recommendations for someone with a 7yr old PC which can't play 99.5% of all games out today and got a free weekend till Sunday evening?

Civilization 3, also FTL will more than likely not run rell/Hotline Miami less so

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Somebody should just send a letter to Traveller's Tale so we can get the Lego games on a daily/flash.

Considering they weren't on sale at all during both the Summer and Autumn sales, I don't expect them to go on sale at all this time either.

Of course if they did, I would buy the two I'm missing.

AsylumX

With 50,000 cards on the market and only an aesthetic reason to own the badges, I don't think you will ever see a price increase that is beyond irrelevant.

The demand for them is just so low.

That's not necessarily true... First, we just went through the first night of the sale on the eastern hemisphere and that drove the supply up. Second, the US market is the one that demands more cards and stuff, so prices will go up. And finally, no unparalleled item has been crafted yet, so there is still a reason for a bunch of people to keep buying cards...

dave is ok

aztek is ok

ModBot said:
[
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Little Inferno -- MB-D5E87C3FEF167077 - Taken by Seanspeed. 4 entrants total.
Mirror's Edge -- MB-F3C4FFFE9BF9276C - Taken by EmCeeGramr. 6 entrants total.
Gemini Rue -- MB-E5B4637BAC619A7E - Taken by Vodh. 11 entrants total.
Zeno Clash -- MB-6EE18E7E46D47AB7 - Taken by Boom Boom Pow. 6 entrants total.

t1387557367z1.png

Faabulous

Considering they weren't on sale at all during both the Summer and Autumn sales, I don't expect them to go on sale at all this time either.

Of course if they did, I would buy the two I'm missing.

Yup, I'm also missing two. I belive its Marvel Heroes and Lord of the Rings. They are my guilty pleasure.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yup, I'm also missing two. I belive its Marvel Heroes and Lord of the Rings. They are my guilty pleasure.

Actually, those will probably go on sale. I think Lego Marvel is going to be $12 on Amazon at some point. Lego LOTR usually hits the $7.50 mark.

I'm missing Lego Indiana Jones 1 and Lego Star Wars III. Neither have had a discount at all in over a year.

Dr Dogg

Haha, I considered jumping on Barbie earlier so it could collect dust in my inventory until I need it to hit 3k, but ultimately decided to wait for 50% off.

I would have thought you'd have been on that like a shot. Seeing as it's the closest to Scorsese Romulan Simulator 2013 as Steam is ever going to get. Well until your avatar creation game gets into production ;)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I would have thought you'd have been on that like a shot. Seeing as it's the closest to Scorsese Romulan Simulator 2013 as Steam is ever going to get. Well until your avatar creation game gets into production ;)

I may make it my final purchase of the sale depending on how my bank account is looking on the day, otherwise I'm sure it'll show up as a Daily or whatever at some point prior to the Summer Sale.

Faabulous

Marvel Heroes just came out. How much of a sale can you expect? 25% maybe?

Edit: looks like it's already 25% off. Possibility of daily deal for more?

I'd go for 50%.
Even 33% if I'm really bored.

Actually, those will probably go on sale. I think Lego Marvel is going to be $12 on Amazon at some point. Lego LOTR usually hits the $7.50 mark.

I'm missing Lego Indiana Jones 1 and Lego Star Wars III. Neither have had a discount at all in over a year.

Amazon doesn't sell games on my country unfortunately. Might trade for it if I can find a trader that doesn't rip me off.

JaseC

You said the same about those Petz Catz 2 with those tiny hats!

I thought catz were made for riding but I was confusing them with horsez.

Amazon doesn't sell games on my country unfortunately. Might trade for it if I can find a trader that doesn't rip me off.

All you need to do is add a US-based billing address to your account and switch to it while checking out. It's best to avoid states that charge sales tax on digital goods and to that end I myself use the address of Google's CA-based HQ.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
So you want to trade something you bought for 4.99 dollars for something that costs 20 dollars?

Nice move, Junior.
Don't judge the man, he only follows the way of the ebay.

jshackles

I'd go for 50%.
Even 33% if I'm really bored.

I'm sure some fellow GAFfer will be able to help you out... December 26th is the day to look for them. $11.99 for Marvel and $7.49 for LOTR.

Dr Dogg

I may make it my final purchase of the sale depending on how my bank account is looking on the day, otherwise I'm sure it'll show up as a Daily or whatever at some point prior to the Summer Sale.

The funny thing is I'm joking but I suspiciously suspect you're not hahaha.

Still I'm one to talk, I'm itching to go home and get Alice installed finally and gasp at the pretty hair Physx. And I'm meant to be going to the staff piss up tonight :(

Seanspeed

Banned
Any hopes on a discount for Starbound? That would be sweet. I probably wouldn't even play it before final release, it would just be nice to get it at a better discount.

Also hoping for a better sale for Violett. Anybody check that out? Came out a few days ago and it looks incredible. May buy it anyways.

JaseC

The funny thing is I'm joking but I suspiciously suspect you're not hahaha.

I never joke about my game count. :p

Still I'm one to talk, I'm itching to go home and get Alice installed finally and gasp at the pretty hair Physx. And I'm meant to be going to the staff piss up tonight :(

The hair isn't actually achieved using PhysX (a common misconception, don't worry). Alice uses it for fluid simulation, additional pretty butterflies (i.e. particle effects) and real-time destruction -- the thing is, though, all effects were pared down in the final release compared to what Nvidia had earlier demonstrated (fluid and particles were immensely reduced and the real-time destruction is limited to a certain point later in the game [you'll know when you reach it]).

derExperte

Repost (I hope Moddy doesn't get confused)

Somehow the first wait for the new dailies is always the worst for me. So here's something to pass the time:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Call of Duty Black Ops 2* -- MB-38EF5DA2DCBE4BF6 - Taken by C00kie M0nster. 79 entrants total.

*Nuketown map included

header_292x136.jpg

t1387560158z1.png

a) If the key doesn't work, pm me as I had two and might have confused them.
b) When registering it will say something like DE for the German version but it's uncut, no restrictions.

jshackles

the fact its on Uplay is the only reason i'm still debating picking it up

Don't do it. For some reason I thought it said Steam when I ordered this morning. Already got my refund from GMG.

23 pages back from last night repost the CLASSICS

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Jet Set Radio -- MB-D590E9473130B668
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition -- MB-AC8B136279CC6535

t1387578064z1.png

Dr Dogg

the fact its on Uplay is the only reason i'm still debating picking it up

After the shit I had to go through with SC: Blacklist this week stay away from Uplay that uses it for anything other than just a launcher. Patching and contented delivery system is straight out of the 90's.

I never joke about my game count. :p

Hahaha I've gathered that much. Serious business™

The hair isn't actually achieved using PhysX (a common misconception, don't worry). Alice uses it for fluid simulation, additional pretty butterflies (i.e. particle effects) and real-time destruction -- the thing is, though, all effects were pared down in the final release compared to what Nvidia had earlier demonstrated (fluid and particles were immensely reduced and the real-time destruction is limited to a certain point later in the game [you'll know when you reach it]).

Awwww :(. Well lets be honest when hasn't a Physx enabled game outside of Mirrors Edge crippled the frame rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom