• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Isn't it the
older sister
?

But yeah, game does wear out its welcome somewhat (more specifically, the limited combat gets pretty boring), but I thought it was worth persevering to the end.

Oh, yeah, you're right. I always stuff that detail up, haha.

Jawmuncher

Dungeon Siege 3 doesn't have cards... what a disappointment!

I'm dissapointed in the lack of games updated for cards. Or brand new games coming out with no support i.e. MGR. Is it so hard to get an artist to throw up some concept art as backgrounds and put some in game symbols as emoticons? In the end I just want the cards so that I can either A. Show my love of the game or B. get that card money.

Hell they get profit out of it so I really don't see why you would ignore it at this point.

Colin.

Thanks for the heads up on the Enix Christmas Box ^

I got Hitman: Blood Money (yawn), Tomb Raider, Dungeon Siege, and to no surprise, Just Cause 2.

Jawmuncher

So you can level up infinitely, until the sale is over? Think that's the first time that's happened with a badge, Good for those that like boosting their level, I guess. I will probably only craft one level, as it wouldn't be worth the cost to go much higher.

Yeah the cost of the snow globe cards pretty much negates the usefulness.
You're better off just buying game cards for games you don't even own if you REALLY need that XP.

cicero

How long has steam been doing this?
ikL6EWN.gif

Rather annoying.

There really should be some kind of warning about this in the Steam Sale OPs. I continue to see multiple people have issues with this during each major sale.

Arthea

I'm dissapointed in the lack of games updated for cards. Or brand new games coming out with no support i.e. MGR. Is it so hard to get an artist to throw up some concept art as backgrounds and put some in game symbols as emoticons? In the end I just want the cards so that I can either A. Show my love of the game or B. get that card money.

Hell they get profit out of it so I really don't see why you would ignore it at this point.

I agree wholeheartily, if publishers and devs knew what's good for them, every game had cards, what EA refuses to see, for example.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks for the tips! Will I need a VPN or somthing like that? Amazon.com just shows tha Brazillian front.

You shouldn't do. Each Amazon site has always been tied to its own domain for me, but then Amazon doesn't have a presence here in Australia. If need be, Spotflux is both free and US-based.

Kyou

There really should be some kind of warning about this in the Steam Sale OPs. I continue to see multiple people have issues with this during each major sale.

It's not such a big deal, I was just going to finish off a couple badges. But it's just a little strange that going from an old card with my name and billing address to a new card with my name and billing address triggers some kind of defcon 3 seven day lockdown on my account

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I've spent a grand total of £0.54 so far.

As you can see, I'm a big spender.

I wonder what would happen if I came here and started saying shit like "I spent R$ 48,74 so far". I guess people wouldn't understand and my message would be useless, right? Because nobody knows by heart what's the exchange rate between Reais and USDs.

Because that's how I feel when people say they spent 4 pounds. I have no idea how much money that is.

Faabulous

You shouldn't do. Each Amazon site has always been tied to its own domain for me, but then Amazon doesn't have a presence here in Australia. If need be, Spotflux is both free and US-based.

I'm dumb. I was typing .com but my browser auto-filled the .br part. I'll bookmark that VPN anyway, just in case.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I'm posting this again since the sale ends in an hour.

You people should be hopping on this!

By the way, Electronic Super Joy is on sale for $1.50 right now.

If you like platformers, you should check it out.

Here's a little compilation GIF I made really quick showing it off.

electronic_super_joy_by_alo81-d6ylpjx.gif

The GIF doesn't show off the best part though.

That BUMPIN ASS MUSIC is fantastic.

OHHHHH YEAHHHHH.​

Mesoian

OHHHHH YEAHHHHH.​

I remember being completely entranced by this game at PAXEast. I'll pick it up.

BFIB

Debating on Arkham Origins. I am still knee deep in GTA V and ACIV with some Diablo III (PS3) on the side, so I might hold off.

cicero

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I wonder what would happen if I came here and started saying shit like "I spent R$ 48,74 so far". I guess people wouldn't understand and my message would be useless, right? Because nobody knows by heart what's the exchange rate between Reais and USDs.

Because that's how I feel when people say they spent 4 pounds. I have no idea how much money that is.

about 0,64€

:p

edit: by the way, it's the other way around for people outside of the USA, not everybody thinks in $

Sullichin

Don't wanna be that guy, but I might have missed it. Was Super House of the Dead Ninjas a flash/daily yet? I mean, it's only $3.49...

I crafted several badges to lvl 5 but that is insane. I'm selling all my snow globe cards.

I wish the achievement hunt was back, fun times :'(

The biggest plus to crafting the badge is if you get TF2 or dota items they will sell for about 100 dollars in a year or 2 when you can't get them...

Dicer

Banned

OHHHHH YEAHHHHH.​

Linux compatible...sold

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
The biggest plus to crafting the badge is if you get TF2 or dota items they will sell for about 100 dollars in a year or 2 when you can't get them...

The rares might, I can't imagine the commons/uncommons going for that much.

I have seen stranger stuff on Dota selling for a lot, though, so I guess I wouldn't be surprised.

C4rter

After 12 minutes no response from modbot for my game registration. Do I have to be concerned he is rescuing John Connor instead of putting up my giveaway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom