• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modsushi

Between State of Decay and Project Zomboid, which one would you recommend?

I haven't played either but, I'd choose State of Decay. I'm not really a fan of Project Zomboid's isometric look. And for what it's worth State of Decay made The New Yorker's top 5 this year.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Dear Esther: The most overrated game ever

Even if you don't care for the game, for $2 it's worth it as a visual showpiece. It looks stunning.

9323388849_3f99e34263_o.jpg

Silky

Banned
Between State of Decay and Project Zomboid, which one would you recommend?

State of Decay is the closest thing you'll get to the perfect Zombie Apocalypse simulator. It really covers everything you'd expect about the apocalypse, other than your character getting infected

Dipper145

Wow my friend bought me monaco, and my friend who bought me payday 2 also bought me arkham origins! Unreal christmas gaming for me, im so greatful!

ZeroCoin

Almost feel silly putting this up for a giveaway after that massive one. Have at it anyway.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Revenge of the Titans -- MB-4DED8D03ED13A3CF - Taken by snack

Ok here we go, hopefully I did this all correctly, I was getting seriously crosseyed halfway through >_<

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, whichever... enjoy guys, hopefully this makes your day a little brighter. Thanks for having me :)

Thanks for Afterfall duder!

I haven't played either but, I'd choose State of Decay. I'm not really a fan of Project Zomboid's isometric look. And for what it's worth State of Decay made The New Yorker's top 5 this year.

Thanks Modsushi and Silky. I was going to get one or the other so I have some money left for other deals. Gonna go with State of Decay. Now to wait for daily or flash.

Xdrive05

Question about FF7:

Is this the same PC version that came out in the 90's which had badly compressed backgrounds compared to the PSone version?

Or did they fix that in this release?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Yes. Let there be no doubt. It was started, played and finished until the very last Credit Note fellow GAFfers:

DTGvzoC.png

I'm glad you survived and got something out of the experience.

Here's my hope that one day a true modern Alien game will stay true to the movies and can be as scary and intense to play as it was for me the first time I saw the movies.

If you have a Nintendo DS, Aliens Infestation is the closest a modern game has gotten. If you can immerse yourself in an open ship 2D side scroller and let it's tale of four soldiers and your actions affect you. Has a knife between fingers mini-game.

AsylumX

It's not much, but I felt bad after getting another game in a giveaway. Hopefully I didn't fuck up. I'm an idiot, so it's possible.

Wow... I won. Thanks, i was thinking of picking this up later. Now i can take my final with a smile at least.

Thanks again...

Chronoja

Even if you don't care for the game, for $2 it's worth it as a visual showpiece. It looks stunning.

People say it's a visual showpiece but the only part that looks good is the caves (my subjective opinion of course). The grass covered hills at the start are absolutely hideous due to how every single sprite constructing the vista suffers from cylindrical billboarding (the sprites rotate to face the character) It just looks stupidly unnatural and detracts from the ""experience"".

Lain

Ok here we go, hopefully I did this all correctly, I was getting seriously crosseyed halfway through >_<

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, whichever... enjoy guys, hopefully this makes your day a little brighter. Thanks for having me :)

Thanks for Saira! I'm surprised it wasn't taken yet.

Thanks BK46 for Zen Bound 2 and Rhaknar (damn what a giveaway) for Larva Morfus! Now I have passed the 600 game mark, sitting at 601.

Here's some spares to give back

ModBot said:
Instructions for Camel Master:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Prime World Defenders -- MB-AA7E7F57CFA3413A - Taken by Eanan
Aztaka -- MB-89DE6351512AEC6F - Taken by MTMBStudios
Dead Hungry Diner -- MB-7E79C8BA79E91A35 - Taken by Krakn3Dfx
Alien Shooter 2 Reloaded -- MB-EABABE000F3B782D - Taken by NekoToshiro

derExperte

If you have a Nintendo DS, Aliens Infestation is the closest a modern game has gotten. If you can immerse yourself in an open ship 2D side scroller and let it's tale of four soldiers and your actions affect you. Has a knife between fingers mini-game.

Gets my recommendation as well. The movement is sometimes clunky and the aliens stop being scary after a while but it's much more fun than CM.

Coen

Question about FF7:

Is this the same PC version that came out in the 90's which had badly compressed backgrounds compared to the PSone version?

Or did they fix that in this release?

I'd like to know this too. My Google-fu is not helpful at all.

The_Monk

When I upload a Screenshot does it gets Public right away or is this something you have to edit on the Privacy settings?

I asked because one screenshot of mine from Batman Origins is featured in the Community hub and I was shocked to see so many "Thumbs Up"

I mean it's the second most popular screenshot with more than 300, almost 400 "Rated Up"! Lol

Why can't I hold all these thumbs up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom