• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eanan

BioShock Infinite and Skyrim hold that honor.

qvQVabem.jpg

Thanks BK46 for Zen Bound 2 and Rhaknar (damn what a giveaway) for Larva Morfus! Now I have passed the 600 game mark, sitting at 601.

Here's some spares to give back

Thanks dude!

DukeBobby

When I upload a Screenshot does it gets Public right away or is this something you have to edit on the Privacy settings?

I asked because one screenshot of mine from Batman Origins is featured in the Community hub and I was shocked to see so many "Thumbs Up"

I mean it's the second most popular screenshot with more than 300, almost 400 "Rated Up"! Lol

Why can't I hold all these thumbs up.

That screenshot made me laugh.

The_Monk

I'm glad you survived and got something out of the experience.

If you have a Nintendo DS, Aliens Infestation is the closest a modern game has gotten. If you can immerse yourself in an open ship 2D side scroller and let it's tale of four soldiers and your actions affect you. Has a knife between fingers mini-game.

Unfortunately, my last Nintendo console was a Silver Game Boy Pocket back in the day, when it was released (which I still have with the original transparent protective case).

I hope one day to get either a Wii U or a 3DS to catch up all the Nintendo goodies I've been missing but at this rate it's a far possibility, I'm afraid...

Silky

Banned
Monaco has style but it's definitely one of those co-op games where I NEED a group of competent people to play it with.

Lizard with a ladder

learnin' with the blacks!
Ok here we go, hopefully I did this all correctly, I was getting seriously crosseyed halfway through >_<

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, whichever... enjoy guys, hopefully this makes your day a little brighter. Thanks for having me :)

Had Star Wolves 3 on my wishlist. Thanks dude.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
People say it's a visual showpiece but the only part that looks good is the caves (my subjective opinion of course). The grass covered hills at the start are absolutely hideous due to how every single sprite constructing the vista suffers from cylindrical billboarding (the sprites rotate to face the character) It just looks stupidly unnatural and detracts from the ""experience"".

I think the caves are where it looks it's best but that's definitely not the only good looking area.

belushy

Banned
Taking all of my willpower to not buy anything until I know how cheap the Civ 5 stuff is gonna get.

Does the Civ 5 stuff usually get -75% discounts in sales?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Ughh I can't find my soundtracks Steam is hiding them from me!

Ones you downloaded? It seems they go under SteamApps/common.

So for Electronic Super Joy I had to go to C:Drive -> Program Files -> Steam -> SteamApps -> Common -> ElectronicSuperJoy -> Extras to find it.

Papers, Please or Guacamelee.

Which game will give me the most amount of fun?

Guacamelee is a game where you travel the world fighting the dead in a Metroid like (rather light) game that focuses more on platforming and references than it does a grand world to discover. A lot of fun can be had, you turn into a chicken at points.

Papers, Please is a game about immigration in a Soviet like nation with hard decisions and choices you may not want your character to live with. Rewarding to be sure for those that can become great at all it asks for.
Not fun for all though. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=93936877#post93936877
I personally couldn't get into it, but I don't like making even fictional choices of whether or not my family will have food and warmth for a night, or saying no to the only parent of a child stuck on the other side of the iron wall.

Baust

Did I miss getting Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut for $4.99? I own the original game and the Missing Link DLC, but it looks like it's listed as $9.99 now.

Papers, Please or Guacamelee.

Which game will give me the most amount of fun?

Papers, Please is enjoyable...I'd have a hard time classifying it as 'fun'.

"Shit, I didn't process enough people today...therefore I can either buy my son medicine or turn on the heat today"

Taking all of my willpower to not buy anything until I know how cheap the Civ 5 stuff is gonna get.

Does the Civ 5 stuff usually get -75% discounts in sales?

oh god yes. Usually repeatedly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom