• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to say that I'm loving this Snow Globe thing. I got R$ 7 just by selling those cards. Currently I have R$ 10 on my account, only from selling cards and I'm hoping to get at least more R$ 2 from them before this promotion ends.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
OKAY, I need to step in for a second on Nether.

Nether is NOT made by the people who made Infection Vaccine Stories at all, they made the World War Z game based on the MOVIE on iOS.

And Nether isn't bad, I've played it for about three hours so far with a friend, and while more stuff does get updated and needs to be updated, I do like the systems it has in place. But think of it less as a straight-up survival game, it has more RPG elements than Day Z for example and feels more game-y. The environment, ability to explore a lot of buildings, and variety of monsters is fun and appreciated though, and surviving can definitely be tough.

I'll try and make a thorough video showing a more in-depth review of the game, but the developers have been kind and for some reason people have this weird misunderstanding that it is somehow connected to that OTHER game.

Divius

iFhB63f.png

#420blazeit

smr00

Banned
This is silly. Go watch some gameplay on youtube and see if it bothers you that much.
As silly as people not buying games because you play through UPlay?

It's a personal preference. I will check some videos when i get home. Don't get me wrong, i think the game sounds amazing i am just worried about having 10000 internet memes shoved in my face but if it's like you say and it's not that bad i will pick it up.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
you have an avatar of an arrow in a knee

I've heard the "arrow in the knee" joke before about ... Skyrim (?), but until you specifically pointed it out I didn't really make the connection. Knowing now, it does nothing to affect what is said in his posts, the actual substance of the matter at hand.

That is what Guacamelee is like. They may exist in the background, but you can easily just keep moving and not focus on them, and even if you do they will not affect the substance of the game at all. Unlike say the reference to El Santo, one of the greatest wrestlers of Mexican wrestling, which affects how they designed the game. Not that anyone not into Lucha will recognise it for that.

The Cowboy

Might be time to finally give EVE online a shot.

Its a game that really needs more than a month to get in to IMO. I used to play it and it took me a few months to really get into the proper swing of things - it was nice training up a covert ops though :D.

hohoXD123

Let's see if this works...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gemini Rue -- MB-6F37253C5DED47F4 - Taken by Skab. 4 entrants total.
Jack Lumber -- MB-208CF53B166B0D2C - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-71B6BE73208FEA52
Little Inferno -- MB-8FF18C964F716389

t1387571048z1.png

Dr.Acula

Banned
Yikes. Will avoid. Thankies :3

Nether is NOT made by the people who made Infection Vaccine Stories at all, they made the World War Z game based on the MOVIE on iOS.

And Nether isn't bad, I've played it for about three hours so far with a friend, and while more stuff does get updated and needs to be updated, I do like the systems it has in place. But think of it less as a straight-up survival game, it has more RPG elements than Day Z for example and feels more game-y. The environment, ability to explore a lot of buildings, and variety of monsters is fun and appreciated though, and surviving can definitely be tough.

I'll try and make a thorough video showing a more in-depth review of the game, but the developers have been kind and for some reason people have this weird misunderstanding that it is somehow connected to that OTHER game.

Sorry, I asked the question in a Nether thread and someone said it was the same guys.

It's a personal preference. I will check some videos when i get home. Don't get me wrong, i think the game sounds amazing i am just worried about having 10000 internet memes shoved in my face but if it's like you say and it's not that bad i will pick it up.

last I checked...memes don't delete your savegames.

The memes exist entirely on billboards and ads centered around the games two towns. They're absent from literally 99% of the game world.

KarmaCow

Just wanted to say that I'm loving this Snow Globe thing. I got R$ 7 just by selling those cards. Currently I have R$ 10 on my account, only from selling cards and I'm hoping to get at least more R$ 2 from them before this promotion ends.

Yea and the Snow Globe cards have also boosted demand in other cards since you can get a Snow Globe card from crafting a set.

nexen

Sillier. I'm afraid Uplay will be shut down one day, leaving me unable to play the games I bought. Much like what is happening with GFWL this summer.
edit: and apparently it has deleted some people's savegames?

The 'memes' are easily ignored and have zero impact on the (outstanding) gameplay. They are posters on a wall in the background.

They also made the excellent IOS games Horn and The Dark Meadow, and were working on that awesome sandbox superhero game Project Awakened before its Kickstarter failed

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
Any chance of Rocksmith 2014 being cheaper than the Thanksgiving sale? I sure hope so.

Exactly.

Again, I didn't notice half of references let alone memes that weren't story related because they were on a billboard around the 2nd town.

To me, aggressively unfunny is RCR. That game seemed to keep throwing references at you in hopes that one would stick. Guacamelee's references don't come off as forced to me, though some are pretty cheesy and I could see others not finding them amusing (I rolled my eyes at some of them too..)

BTW your edit is bullshit. 90% of what you look at? Yeah. And 172% of all statistics are made up.

He's exaggerating about 90% of what you look at. Check that video I posted if you want a better idea of the actual "meme" content.

They have zero reason to be there other than to be memes, so it's about as forced as it can get.

Like the game's sense of humor is "haha, Mexico" and "haha, jokes you saw on the internet" so excuse me for exaggerating but I feel pretty confident suggesting people hoping the game is funny to not buy it.

Jaykay

Somebody sell me on Guacamelee
por favor

I didn't see anyone respond to this, so I will even though this is a few pages late.

As a Metroidvania, Guacamelee is a ton of fun and does a lot of cool things with the abilities that you get. This includes everything from the standard "This area/chest is locked off because you need an ability you haven't gotten yet" to a few really challenging secret areas that you need to use every ability at your disposal to complete.

However, where the game really shines past the standard Metroidvania is with its combat and presentation. Think of the combat as having a side-scrolling beat-em-up feel with a small grapple system with a few moves that can help clear out areas with throws, piledrivers, etc. It becomes a blast to mess around with, especially later in the game and in harder difficulties. On the presentation end, everything is very light hearted and you'll find yourself chuckling at some of the characters and references that are thrown in throughout.

Also, Gold Edition I believe comes will the challenge modes DLC that was added later, and those were a very fun addition.

Salsa

I 100%ed Guacamelee, including getting every achievement.

I made a guide for it. I made a character skin for it.

I did all this while suffering through the memes. They were terrible.

Thankfully the art and gameplay were worth it.

lordkosc

I am doing it wrong I guess, I added $50 to steam wallet yesterday, and since then I've bought my games from Amazon , GMG, Humble Store, and Daily Royale.

:|

Bought Guacamelee, based on so many positive comments.

bender

What time is it?
Its a game that really needs more than a month to get in to IMO. I used to play it and it took me a few months to really get into the proper swing of things - it was nice training up a covert ops though :D.

Thanks. I've almost bitten at $5.00 for the last few Steam Sales but for $2.00, how can I not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom