• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voho

Nether was by the ppl that did the War Z game that changed its name to Infestation that no one liked.

OKAY, I need to step in for a second on Nether.

Nether is NOT made by the people who made Infection Vaccine Stories at all, they made the World War Z game based on the MOVIE on iOS.

And Nether isn't bad, I've played it for about three hours so far with a friend, and while more stuff does get updated and needs to be updated, I do like the systems it has in place. But think of it less as a straight-up survival game, it has more RPG elements than Day Z for example and feels more game-y. The environment, ability to explore a lot of buildings, and variety of monsters is fun and appreciated though, and surviving can definitely be tough.

I'll try and make a thorough video showing a more in-depth review of the game, but the developers have been kind and for some reason people have this weird misunderstanding that it is somehow connected to that OTHER game.

Whelp. Thanks for the clarification. From what your saying, it seems like I'd like the game, but for the current asking price (and with me being on a more limited budget than I'd like) do you recommend it?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I can't accept NO for an answer by the way, so you need to say yes and only yes. I also don't want anything in return, just your happiness.

This Community is amazing and if I can share all these precious moments during the sale with you all, then that it's already a gift for me. Thanks for everything my good people.

Shackles get on Steam and come and get your FAR CRY 3. :)

That aggressive friendliness, no defence can block it.

I apologize in advance for such a stupid question, but I do not want to make a mistake.

I want to buy 2 games and give them away so all I want to know is to get the steam key I have to purchase as gift, correct?

Correct.

Ignore the part about ModBot and NeoGAF if you aren't doing it for this thread. The selections of gift through email are the same. If sent through Steam itself, you just pick the name of the person from the list it will give you.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=72143371&postcount=2

Also it's not a stupid question, it's a valid question involving something you don't have experience in. The shame isn't in not knowing, the shame is in not finding out.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I bought Shogun 2 just because I've been reading the Kingdom manga and it's close enough to Warring States China.

It's okay, I bought Gone Home, Recetteaer: An Item Shop's Tale, System Shock 2, and the likes as they were made here in the city I live in, Portland, Oregon. (well, Recettear, Chantelise, and Fortune Summoners were translated by a studio settled here and System Shock 2, 7th Guest, and 11th Hour were PC ported and updated by a studio here as well).

are you guys like, buying shit or just collecting cards for the globe cards

I only got one thanks to 3 votes. Im not buying a full pack of cards just to get a globe to sell for likely less money

I bought all globe cards in hope to get a rare item to sell it at a higher price. I got an uncommon tf2 item, which it seems is the only game you can't sell winter promo items. But I got a foil card by voting. Probably going to sell it.

The Cowboy

Most are Origin keys sorry, but just getting rid of my spares.
ModBot said:
Merry Christmas NeoGaf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter Steam Key -- MB-3EB274358B5AAA17 - Taken by Evo X
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter Steam Key -- MB-2EE7C9A2565BB94C - Taken by Shambles
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space Origin Key -- MB-C6F1591FCA391C5F - Taken by ichtyander
vRvbDCu.png
Populous Origin Key -- MB-66DD97494FE517AB
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Origin Key -- MB-8DB348FE81D6D604 - Taken by hkedward
vRvbDCu.png
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Origin Key -- MB-B350034E7D047BB7 - Taken by theRizzle
vRvbDCu.png
Battlefield 3 Origin Key -- MB-F5AF0846803D4E97 - Taken by dave is ok
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor Origin Key -- MB-C277A9C25511579E
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge Origin Key -- MB-7E7905F6E6F8C001 - Taken by zephervack
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 -- MB-2EEC35F6F594C785 - Taken by slayzz

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Whelp. Thanks for the clarification. From what your saying, it seems like I'd like the game, but for the current asking price (and with me being on a more limited budget than I'd like) do you recommend it?

Because of your and others query, I plan to just quickly make a demonstration video of what the game is like currently. But as I'm lazy I was going to stream it and then link the saved video here and not advertise it, but guess I'll mention I'm going to quickly stream it here: http://www.twitch.tv/aestheticgolem

But if not interested in seeing it live or can't, video should be posted here in about 30-60 minutes (how long I plan to play it quickly to show it off)

PLOT TWIST ALERT

PLOT TWIST ALERT

Ok, fellow GAFfer, here's the thing. I still have the game in my PM, I was going to redeem it but then I saw your post...

Yesterday I got Aliens CM, and it was a kind gift no matter what people say. But now it seems I got a great game! Luck don't always appear many times but it seems that karma was on my side so I want to share the spirit of the Holiday season and give this game to you (if that's okay with the original provider!)

I won it but I feel that, the right thing to do today is to put a smile on someone's face and that person is you.

So hop on Steam when you can and let me give you the link for FAR CRY 3

I can't accept NO for an answer by the way, so you need to say yes and only yes. I also don't want anything in return, just your happiness.

This Community is amazing and if I can share all these precious moments during the sale with you all, then that it's already a gift for me. Thanks for everything my good people.

like a true boss

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
PLOT TWIST ALERT

PLOT TWIST ALERT

Ok, fellow GAFfer, here's the thing. I still have the game in my PM, I was going to redeem it but then I saw your post...

Yesterday I got Aliens CM, and it was a kind gift no matter what people say. But now it seems I got a great game! Luck don't always appear many times but it seems that karma was on my side so I want to share the spirit of the Holiday season and give this game to you (if that's okay with the original provider!)

I won it but I feel that, the right thing to do today is to put a smile on someone's face and that person is you.

My dick got legit hard

Correct.

Ignore the part about ModBot and NeoGAF if you aren't doing it for this thread. The selections of gift through email are the same. If sent through Steam itself, you just pick the name of the person from the list it will give you.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=72143371&postcount=2

Also it's not a stupid question, it's a valid question involving something you don't have experience in. The shame isn't in not knowing, the shame is in not finding out.

Thank you and I'm doing it for this thread.

feel

PLOT TWIST ALERT

PLOT TWIST ALERT

the feels

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This guy is the real deal:

ASaOgVg.png

Thank you my friend

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
So there are daily deals that aren't listed on the front page?

Sometimes whatever games related to those front page deals are also included. For example, they show SHOGUN total war but all of the total wars are on a daily deal. Same with the earlier batman games being on daily sale since batman origins is.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bioshock -- MB-199F7DC83E64B64D - Taken by PandaPedinte. 16 entrants total.

t1387573298z1.png

oldie but enjoy

ZeroCoin

Apparently I've been sitting on an extra copy of Half-Life 2 for quite a while. There has to be someone out there who doesn't have a copy already....

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Half-Life 2 -- MB-F9A6908DD913FB91 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk

smr00

Banned
PLOT TWIST ALERT

PLOT TWIST ALERT

All your kindness doesn't fool me one bit lizard man.

keep being classy Monk because GAF can use more people like you.

Voho

Because of your and others query, I plan to just quickly make a demonstration video of what the game is like currently. But as I'm lazy I was going to stream it and then link the saved video here and not advertise it, but guess I'll mention I'm going to quickly stream it here: http://www.twitch.tv/aestheticgolem

But if not interested in seeing it live or can't, video should be posted here in about 30-60 minutes (how long I plan to play it quickly to show it off)

Thanks, will tune in!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You know what? Why are you people up in arms against those that don't want to get Fez because of its maker's attitude?

smr00

Banned
You know what? Why are you people up in arms against those that don't want to get Fez because of its maker's attitude?
Probably because it's a delight of a game?

I probably hate the guy more than 99% of the haters on this forum but Fez is still an outstanding game.

The Cowboy

This didn't get added to my other giveaway (I was putting the key for it in wrong) - its an Origin key.
ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Dead Space 3 -- MB-A03ABA2A57D7DE49 - Taken by Nymphae

Silky

Banned
Hey so i don't know how to use ModBot, but I wanna be cool and give away a game.

Quote to get a copy of Monaco

EDIT: It's gone. Enjoy Divius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom