• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

You're such a good dude. I constantly feel bad for not following up on leaving impressions for The Wolf Among Us, despite saying I would. So:

I really enjoyed the first episode. The choice system carries over well outside of The Walking Dead, into a much less hopeless setting, and the story is off to a great start. In the past I've not been all that into the "fairy tale's with a TWIST" stories, but this game tells a pretty interesting one in ways that I totally could get into. It was a really solid first episode. I believe you had mentioned you might wait until all of the episodes are out before getting it, and I just wanted to finally follow up with a thumbs up on the series!

Sorry it took so long...

Thanks for those impressions, no need to say sorry. ;) Seems the Story got you curious/interested for more, which is always a good thing!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Picked up KOF.. was cheaper than buying all the DLC on XBOX and apparently the net code is better. Anyone playing?

Get ready for the barrage of "Wait for the dailies you bastards" flashing gifs

oipic

Good morning, SteamGAF - just caught up on the 30 or so pages that you guys lovingly created while I was asleep, and enjoying a wonderful cup of coffee. It's my favourite way to start the weekend.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, whichever... enjoy guys, hopefully this makes your day a little brighter. Thanks for having me :)

To you, also, Rhaknar! Welcome to SteamGAF, may your stay be a long one. Very generous way to make an entrance, thank you! :)

This guy is the real deal

Thank you my friend

The feels! <3

Monk and jshack, you're both wonderful. :)

(sorry, I know this post has added little to the discussion, but I...just needed to say all that)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So uh... I really want to buy from nuuvem, but I'm afraid about the region lock of the game.

Does this mean I cannot retrieve the code? I thought the code itself is region free, it's only the gifting that isn't? I heard of games that cannot be unlocked despite being keys because of your region.

Does using VPN bypass that?

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Thanks, cancelling my Amazon preorder.

Just be aware that you might be waiting a couple hours for them to deliver your key. For instance, I got my preodered Lego Marvel key on the afternoon it came out. Worth it for the money saved, though.

mileS

Thanks for the heads up on Guacamelee! from humble store. Had to go through about 17 different passwords and a bunch of bullshit to get my paypal and steam linked. Reminds me how much I love how everything in Steam just works. No bull.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How do people end up with, let's say, 30 unused Steam keys? :/

bundles. for example, i buy any bundle that i dont have at least 1 game because I know ill gift the rest. Its called the Jasec syndrome >_>

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
For those getting Far Cry 3, I do recommend the following.

Find out how to lose the user interfaces, which means all the menus and health and what have you.
Get the bow and arrow as soon as possible.
Be stealthy when possible, use the stone to lure enemies into traps.
Only take out enemy camps when you really need to, otherwise leave as many as possible so the world is constantly filled with patrolling enemies and reinforcements so they can arrive often. It just becomes very empty without them.
Hunt. Hunt not just for improved items, but for the fun of a chase without abusing or spamming bullets and rocket launchers and the like. If you can really get into it, you can get a lot of fun around stalking a tiger and killing it without it ever noticing you, or using a turtle with a mine as a trap for a komodo dragon.
Take a moment to enjoy the visual scenery as you glide around places or just drive around. Learn that is actually is a place with landmarks and well laid out road systems and bridges.

If played purely as a do everything as once, murder everything as soon as possible, try and collect everything as fast as possible, it can become a very empty world with no much to do any more.
Note when you beat the game you can reset the enemy camps to bring them all back.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So uh... I really want to buy from nuuvem, but I'm afraid about the region lock of the game.

Does this mean I cannot retrieve the code? I thought the code itself is region free, it's only the gifting that isn't? I heard of games that cannot be unlocked despite being keys because of your region.

A similar thing happened to Nuuvem when (I believe) Saints Row IV was released. The publisher didn't region-lock the game until almost the last minute, and people started getting region-locked keys from Nuuvem.

However in that particular instance, Nuuvem went out of their way to make sure non-Brazilian buyers were given the correct keys. But that's no guarantee that if that happens again they'll do the same.

feel

(self quotes for context)
Damn, nuuvem has Metal Gear Rising for like $14. How are they with preorders, anyone know?

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1618-metal-gear-rising-revengeance

I've preordered a couple games from them. No problems so far. I love Nuuvem.
Thanks, cancelling my Amazon preorder.
Oh they gave me the key instantly, I thought I would have to wait till release like with Amazon. AWESOME

a168c2215az2utp.png

f6b480bee127dg6.png

nnnnnggghhhh

Just be aware that you might be waiting a couple hours for them to deliver your key. For instance, I got my preodered Lego Marvel key on the afternoon it came out. Worth it for the money saved, though.
Everything went better than expected. :)

Eanan

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Closure -- MB-A6558AFBA192084F - Taken by JPizzle84
Metro 2033, Risen, and Sacred Citadel -- MB-E3490AD15AE7810A - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk
A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2 -- MB-4D1079F3225EE7F1 - Taken by Solbringer
Nightsky -- MB-5B99DD1382B865BC - Taken by VikasNarula
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-61A37B30C97471E2 - Taken by The Cowboy

If you win scribblenauts or closure, then add the key to the end of this URL: https://www.humblebundle.com/?key=
GLHF

jshackles

Oh they gave me the key instantly, I thought I would have to wait till release like with Amazon. AWESOME

Awesome. bought.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
My main problem is region locking.

Now I'm worried if I buy from Amazon, the code might not work.

I don't feel right :(

A similar thing happened to Nuuvem when (I believe) Saints Row IV was released. The publisher didn't region-lock the game until almost the last minute, and people started getting region-locked keys from Nuuvem.

However in that particular instance, Nuuvem went out of their way to make sure non-Brazilian buyers were given the correct keys. But that's no guarantee that if that happens again they'll do the same.
I'm surprised as to why Asia doesn't have the game yet.

I'm tempted to use a VPN but apparently it's bannable and it might not work in new keys.

Vazduh

Does using VPN bypass that?

The steam codes are 99.9% region free. You just need brazilian proxy and you're all set. Bought borderlands goty and had no problems with it (only problem was I couldnt' buy another copy for my brother, had to make another acc). The code will appear on your acc.

mrgone

Would any of you modbot vets know if there's a way to attach multiple keys to a single entry? I don't really want to give away Breath of Death VII and Cthulhu Saves the World separately as that'd just be trollin'.

Colin.

Thank you to those that bought the last of my Prey keys. Especially to derExperte, for his patience during some technical difficulties.

With all of them now sold, I was curious if the CD keys would still work for regular installs, despite being activated on Steam. I think they would be, but want to make sure. As I will either be donating the physicals, or recycling them, depending on the answer.

Silky

Banned
Picked up KOF.. was cheaper than buying all the DLC on XBOX and apparently the net code is better. Anyone playing?

I'm on and practice daily. People play KOF online a lot, it's just...there's some monsters on it now that the netcode has improved a bit.

TheSilkiest is my handle. I'd love to practice with someone with a stable connnection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom